So how was your day?

Tropicana

Council Member
So was mine, it was raining and it's cold. I wish I could live in a steamroom/sauna forever.

Then I find out that my client has still not got the required proof of funding done yet after requesting it weeks ago - some people are just walking, talking disappointments.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Okay day

been productive....somewhat...doing housework (gag) and folding laundry! It's cold and rainy here too tropi, snookie came home early because they were talking about freezing rain :P and we watched some tv (yes nerd tv a documentary) and chatted. i do like having my daughter home to chat to. One of these days she's going to move out for good. :icon_cry:

I admit I always have a better day when the sun shines! :P

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
My day has been filled with gum drops, jelly beans (early in the season I know), puppy dogs and cotton candy -- lots of cotton candy! You folks have any idea what it's like to work in the fields, harvesting cotton candy, by hand, under a blistering sun while the foreman watches over you with an eagle eye and a steely whip? There's a reason it's pink (or blue) because it's dyed with the blood of unicorns worked to death in those fields. Think of that next time you eat some of that fluffy goodness.

dead-unicorn.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMAO!

My day has been filled with gum drops, jelly beans (early in the season I know), puppy dogs and cotton candy -- lots of cotton candy! You folks have any idea what it's like to work in the fields, harvesting cotton candy, by hand, under a blistering sun while the foreman watches over you with an eagle eye and a steely whip? There's a reason it's pink (or blue) because it's dyed with the blood of unicorns worked to death in those fields. Think of that next time you eat some of that fluffy goodness.

View attachment 3273

:thoranime12::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
mine was boring cold and eventless.

You will wish you had not asked, lets see;

it was drizzly and foggy outside :redface:

Breakfast for the kids, because its half term and i cant ship them to breakfast club at school :(
Email question/answer session for work :argue:
data entered 5 OB units test results :)
stopped my kids killing each other on the trampoline :eek:
break for lunch :cool:
lovely car trip to pay wholesalers, the bank and get the post weighed and gone :icon_eek:
get home find a bolt sticking out of my back rear tyre - contemplate how long it can stay that way :icon_e_confused:
housework :(:(
back to the office and its payment chasing time :argue:
hit up by the kids for money - sweets are important for growth apparently :facepalm:

2 more reports done :)
back in doors to cook dinner - lasagne tonight with garlic bread and salad, not bad but not great.
feed the cats
chase the kids up to there rooms - ensure teeth brushing ans washing is done properly :ori:

make a huge hot chocolate with squirty cream and chocolate sprinkles for me and hubby :smiley_squee:

finaly get to the computer from some downtime :joy:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
:)

Nice to see i got the ball rolling!
:D lets see what tomorrow brings!

And LMAO @ sparklypinkunicorn :)

OMNI

day2:

uneventfull sofar however the sun is up and quite warm. but its right in my face so i cant really see anything... swedes allways complaining :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
boring old gal here!

good day thus far- chopped 10 cups of onions, got a load of wash done, got rid of hubby & daughter, watched some Enterprise on syfy, found a recipe for lunch, decided what to cook for dinner, saw an ad for "worst cook in america"- debated on submitting my mother-in-law and sister-in-law :D, wiggled my toes...A LOT! :P:P

OMNI

good day thus far- chopped 10 cups of onions, got a load of wash done, got rid of hubby & daughter, watched some Enterprise on syfy, found a recipe for lunch, decided what to cook for dinner, saw an ad for "worst cook in america"- debated on submitting my mother-in-law and sister-in-law :D, wiggled my toes...A LOT! :P:P
busy busy then eh?

since last post ive done the dishes cleaned the flat vacuming+wiping the floor chopped unions, chopped chily defrosted some minced meat and gotten everything ready so i can make some spicy bolognese when the mrs returns home.

ive also cut my hair had a shave and a shower :D so ive been busy i think the mrs will be hapy when she gats back.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
My day has been pretty uneventful, but I'll probably rank it as pretty poor one since I have a splitting headache and my internet is down.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Had a lovely day yesterday. Someone online found my profile on a site, liked what they saw, and emailed me to invite me to lunch. He took me to a GREAT Mongolian place in Silverlake (L.A. County), and we had a great time. Turns out he does post production work on a few shows I watch, including Castle (imagine my fangrrl surprise at that).

We're planning to spend some more time together. He's a big biker-looking type, and for some reason, I find him adorable.

Euw...what's happening to me???

As for today...nasty ass headache that won't go away. I think it's related to the barometric pressure, and am praying it doesn't turn into a migraine. I'm keeping a close eye on my dog (who seems to know when they're going to hit) for any kind of heads-up in that regard.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Had a lovely day yesterday. Someone online found my profile on a site, liked what they saw, and emailed me to invite me to lunch. He took me to a GREAT Mongolian place in Silverlake (L.A. County), and we had a great time. Turns out he does post production work on a few shows I watch, including Castle (imagine my fangrrl surprise at that).

We're planning to spend some more time together. He's a big biker-looking type, and for some reason, I find him adorable.

Euw...what's happening to me???

As for today...nasty ass headache that won't go away. I think it's related to the barometric pressure, and am praying it doesn't turn into a migraine. I'm keeping a close eye on my dog (who seems to know when they're going to hit) for any kind of heads-up in that regard.

Take magnesium. I get migraines all the time and take Imitrex but before I was able to get that prescription I found that magnesium really helped alleviate and/or prevent my migraines. It's safe and it's not like you can OD on it plus it's cheap to buy. I take it daily and find it really helps a lot.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Take magnesium. I get migraines all the time and take Imitrex but before I was able to get that prescription I found that magnesium really helped alleviate and/or prevent my migraines. It's safe and it's not like you can OD on it plus it's cheap to buy. I take it daily and find it really helps a lot.
I will definitely get some magnesium. My migraines are resistant to medication, so anything that might help is appreciated.

Hugs to you, my fellow migraineur.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I will definitely get some magnesium. My migraines are resistant to medication, so anything that might help is appreciated.

Hugs to you, my fellow migraineur.

My husband and 8 year old son get them. there is just nothing we have found that stops them apart from going straight to bed.

I had a very hectic day no time to get on line untill a short while ago and its now bedtime here :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My husband and 8 year old son get them. there is just nothing we have found that stops them apart from going straight to bed.

I had a very hectic day no time to get on line untill a short while ago and its now bedtime here :(
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I've lost jobs because of my migraines, and it's more than a little difficult to get a job when you have a service animal to alert you, even when it's a little thing like a Chihuahua (service dogs don't all need to be Labrador-sized if they're not supporting or guiding you).

I've had them last upwards of a week, at times. No fun.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I've lost jobs because of my migraines, and it's more than a little difficult to get a job when you have a service animal to alert you, even when it's a little thing like a Chihuahua (service dogs don't all need to be Labrador-sized if they're not supporting or guiding you).

I've had them last upwards of a week, at times. No fun.

Overmind1 gets them too but he has a "California" method of dealing with them. ;) I'll let him explain it.

Suffice to say, migraines are something that only migraine sufferers understand. Most people think they're nothing more than little headaches that some aspirin will take care of. They really don't have a clue how debilitating migraines really are. I've been knocked flat on my back by them and yes, they last for days at a time. It's not a one day event by any means.

I wish my insurance covered Maxalt as I've tried that and it worked really well on my migraines. The Imitrex I take isn't that great and I still feel lousy when I have to take it, although it helps cut down the length and severity of the attack. And of course taking magnesium has helped also. Nothing is a perfect cure though and years of trying to find what triggers them hasn't lead anywhere. I tend to get more attacks in hot weather (which sucks because I LOVE it hot!) but I do get them in the middle of Winter too, just not as much.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Overmind1 gets them too but he has a "California" method of dealing with them. ;) I'll let him explain it.

Suffice to say, migraines are something that only migraine sufferers understand. Most people think they're nothing more than little headaches that some aspirin will take care of. They really don't have a clue how debilitating migraines really are. I've been knocked flat on my back by them and yes, they last for days at a time. It's not a one day event by any means.

I wish my insurance covered Maxalt as I've tried that and it worked really well on my migraines. The Imitrex I take isn't that great and I still feel lousy when I have to take it, although it helps cut down the length and severity of the attack. And of course taking magnesium has helped also. Nothing is a perfect cure though and years of trying to find what triggers them hasn't lead anywhere. I tend to get more attacks in hot weather (which sucks because I LOVE it hot!) but I do get them in the middle of Winter too, just not as much.
I have been very interested in pursuing the "California" method. It definitely deals with the nausea that comes with them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Your doctor will answer your questions, but it works for me for sure.

I have been very interested in pursuing the "California" method. It definitely deals with the nausea that comes with them.

I have suffered from migraines since about age 18, and I am 50 now. So, I can tell you more than a few things about migraines. Mine are the ones where there is an aura first (the warning sign), then I had about 20 minutes from the aura to get Imitrex or I would be in pure migraine hell and could not drive or work or even function. I get the photosensitivity as well as the extreme audio amplification (noises are 10 times louder). I also get the nausea. Anyways, about three years ago, the Imitrex stopped being able to prevent the migraines. So my doctor recommended marijuana.

I am not a pothead, but I did used to smoke it when I was a young adult (in my early 20s) recreationally. I stopped doing that and pretty much forgot about it. But when he recommended it for my migraines. Well, I havent had a migraine for at least 2 years now. :) When the aura starts, I take a couple of puffs and the migraine never manifests AT ALL. The aura goes away, and the headache never comes. I dont know why it works, but it does. I also like the idea that its 100% natural and not processed.

Here are some articles/books about it:

http://rxmarijuana.com/shared_comments/Migraine_Headaches_Depression_Bulimia.htm
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june302008/leveque_migraines_6-30-08.php

http://books.google.com/books?id=Zr...&resnum=9&ved=0CFcQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q&f=false

I dont pretend to know WHY it works, I can only tell you without a doubt that it DOES work.