Sanctuary General Discussion Thread

G

Graybrew1

Tesla should help, but they've had some so-so storylines lately. The whole underworld thing ended with a "meh"... Tesla's always good for a ratings pump-up, though.

Agreed, this should be a turning point for them... or if it fails, the beginning of the end. Something is missing so far this season, just don't know what it is.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Agreed, this should be a turning point for them... or if it fails, the beginning of the end. Something is missing so far this season, just don't know what it is.
Novelty. They need some novelty, especially now. Abnormals have lost their unique "ooh ah" and they'll need to turn to something else to keep interest up.

G

Graybrew1

Novelty. They need some novelty, especially now. Abnormals have lost their unique "ooh ah" and they'll need to turn to something else to keep interest up.

yes, and maybe a sense of adventure too. I don't really feel that anymore.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

Do you mean this half season? I thought the beginning of Season 3 was really good tbh (haven't watched much of the second half yet).

G

Graybrew1

Do you mean this half season? I thought the beginning of Season 3 was really good tbh (haven't watched much of the second half yet).

yeah, after the hollow earth "ending" , I miss Druitt and Tesla. They were fun and added a sense of "naughty danger" to it.

S

Stonelesscutter

What they need to do is take a break and then watch a marathon-run of their first season.
They were going strong then and they've been making small changes to the series over time which are now accumulating into crap episodes.
Seriously if you rewatch the first season and also some of season 2 then you'll realise that the atmosphere was waaaaay better back then.
Now it's just turning into a sheepfest, meaning yawn yawn yawn.

Perhaps some mod should have these posts about Sanctuary moved to the Sanctuary thread? :)

G

Graybrew1

What they need to do is take a break and then watch a marathon-run of their first season.
They were going strong then and they've been making small changes to the series over time which are now accumulating into crap episodes.
Seriously if you rewatch the first season and also some of season 2 then you'll realise that the atmosphere was waaaaay better back then.
Now it's just turning into a sheepfest, meaning yawn yawn yawn.

Time will tell. :rolleyes:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Careful Joelist doesn't overhear.

I tend to agree with everyone's assessment on Sanctuary. Something is definitely wrong with this half of the season. I don't think we can totally blame the change in nights either. I generally like the show and am a fan but even I'm getting bored with it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tend to agree with everyone's assessment on Sanctuary. Something is definitely wrong with this half of the season. I don't think we can totally blame the change in nights either. I generally like the show and am a fan but even I'm getting bored with it.

There is no excitement happening. They need to do something new, but what? They need to have Tesla in EVERY episode. I miss Druid, and the latest episode with the guy in the rubber bug suit was just...bad.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least it looks like they are FINALLY launching the arc for this half of the season.

It's probably good that Season 4 has 13 episodes as opposed to 20, as that will mean one arc and little to no filler. 20 episodes is turning out to be too long.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Sanctuary has 17 nominations in this years Leo Awards. Congratulations to all involved.
Wonder if there will be an article about it on the site, the nominations and whatnot.

I haven't watched the last two episodes lol, losing interest but will have time now.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Wonder if there will be an article about it on the site, the nominations and whatnot.

I haven't watched the last two episodes lol, losing interest but will have time now.

They aren't maintaining the site at the moment.

You haven't missed much in the last two episodes IMO they were pretty meh. However DON'T miss the next two episodes - Awakening and Normandy - they should be kick arse.

G

Graybrew1

They aren't maintaining the site at the moment.

You haven't missed much in the last two episodes IMO they were pretty meh. However DON'T miss the next two episodes - Awakening and Normandy - they should be kick arse.

Looking very forward to them. Do you know besides Tesla, will we be getting Druitt back too?