Sanctuary General Discussion Thread

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I know a few people watch this on this forums. Its basically all the good people from SG moved to this show:mrgreen:

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
Its okay,

I got bored with it after awhile. Not to mention it was weird seeing Carter turn into Magnus, although the accent is awesome!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love it when I watch it...

Its okay,

I got bored with it after awhile. Not to mention it was weird seeing Carter turn into Magnus, although the accent is awesome!

When I watch it, I love the episodes. But I dont anxiously await each episode like I do my favorite shows. Its a good show, and the SG-1 and SGA actors have appeared on it. Good premise, and the effects are okay for CGI. Still more entertaining than SGUggggh. :icon_e_wink:

Vanb

GateFans Noob
It's an entertaining show. I don't love it, but it is enjoyable to watch. However, I did find that the first 4 or 5 episodes of the first season bored me to the point of distraction. If they could take the second half of the first season and the first half, plus a few later episodes, of the second season and put them together, they would have one fine season of viewing.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I was a late started on this show and only started from ep 9 in season 1. So missed the beginning and explanations. I rejoined for season 2 but the break was just too long and I lost interest, but I jumped back in and I'm quite of it.

Imperial Guardsman

GateFans Noob
If anyone is interested here's the trailer for season 3 that was shown at comic con.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDm1E9F2udw

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Lol, "you are brilliant" "Don't I know it" "Now get out."

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Now even though the show stars the gorgeous Amanda Tapping, I have never watched it because I am very cautious about investing time in a show & then finding out is is complete tonk. Can anybody recommend it?

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Its decent. Better than SGU.

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
after seeing that trailer i think i may be tuning back into sanctuary

Imperial Guardsman

GateFans Noob
Now even though the show stars the gorgeous Amanda Tapping, I have never watched it because I am very cautious about investing time in a show & then finding out is is complete tonk. Can anybody recommend it?

It's a good show has an interesting set of characters

Lol, "you are brilliant" "Don't I know it" "Now get out."

Tesla and Druitt are the one of the reasons that I watch the show

after seeing that trailer i think i may be tuning back into sanctuary

Looks promising glad to see that Druitt is still around since the ending of "Haunted" was somewhat unclear about his fate.

Also does the guy at 1:37 in the trailer remind anyone else of the infected from Pavor Nocturnus?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sanctuary is pretty cool, but as others have said, it's not a "must see now" show. I'd give it a solid 6.5. It could quite easily become much better however if they stick to a cohesive storyline rather than "monster of the week" stories.

trelaine

GateFans Noob
Its decent. Better than SGU.
I actually laughed out loud at this! Anything's better than SGU isn't it?

I enjoy Sanctuary as entertainment, but I agree with others, I don't anxiously wait for the next episode but I do watch it. I also enjoy seeing the various people's from the REAL SG shows (SG1 & SGA).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That's not a difficult feat to achieve. Even Battlefield Earth is better than SGU.
HA!!! now that is quite the comparison! ;)

As to sanctuary-- AT took some of the best and brightest from the stargates with her and it shows. while it may not always be my cup of tea - it always has good acting, directing, and high production values unlike that steaming pile of shit known as sgpoo. :P

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
What did you just say?

That's not a difficult feat to achieve. Even Battlefield Earth is better than SGU.

Did you just say that Battlefield Earth is better than SGU? I know we are all upset about SGU and how it is destroying the Stargate franchise. I understand. But take a moment. Breathe. Breathe. In and out. In and out. There. Feel better? With the possible exception of Turkish Star Wars, nothing is worse than Battlefield Earth. The only reason SGU would be worse is because it is a tv show and therefore takes up more hours of our lives than the two hours of pain that is Battlefield Earth.

Vasuda

GateFans Noob
A, sanctuary, i remember when a thread came up elsewhere saying sgu and sanctuary have been renewed for another season i was "New Sanctuary season, FUCK YEA". Seriously, it was slow at the beginning and tapping as magnus was wierd to watch, but damn is it a brilliant show, many shows could learn from the season 1 finale/ S2 openers, Its the show i'm looking forward to the most this season.

S

Stonelesscutter

Sanctuary is a very nice show.
Some episodes where not really very interesting, but overall I'd say it's been pretty good.
The ending of season 2 seemed rather ridiculous to me however.
I have high hopes for season 3 since it's been a looong time since the last episode aired.
Hopefully they've put all that time to good use for making the show even better than it was.
Shame that they killed off "Sam's" daughter, she was kinda hot.
Oh by the way that character played by our beloved dr. Beckett is the absolute worst, YUCK.
Haven't seen the trailer for season 3 yet.
Not sure if I should watch it.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
McGillion's role is more of the villain. I loved Michael Shank's cameo though