Renewal and Cancellation news

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
If they want to say this rips off another series, it would be more SPN than Buffy. Succubi are classicly demons

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So this isn't a new series, it's a Canadian series they've licensed?

Seems like maybe an attempt to buy into the whole Twilight~Vampires~Werewolves thing with pretty people.

Just what we need more of, sigh...

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Just what we need more of, sigh...
It is pretty easy to make fun of the Twilighty stuff, though. I haven't actually read the books or seen the movies, but I have seen a ton of the parodies people have done for both... way too funny!

Apparently the books are just drivel, and the movie clips I've seen... yeesh!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It is pretty easy to make fun of the Twilighty stuff, though. I haven't actually read the books or seen the movies, but I have seen a ton of the parodies people have done for both... way too funny!

Yeah, it almost seems like the movies are a parody themselves. Perhaps I should say Twilight is a pastiche or a parodic-pastiche if that makes sense.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

I got 100 pages into the first book.
Any more and I think my intestines would have leaped into my head and strangled my cerebellum in order to preserve what little sanity I have left.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I got 100 pages into the first book.
Any more and I think my intestines would have leaped into my head and strangled my cerebellum in order to preserve what little sanity I have left.

The parasitic symbiote already in residence in your head would have protected your cerebellum. After all, it has plans for it. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The parasitic symbiote already in residence in your head would have protected your cerebellum. After all, it has plans for it. ;)

Well, I suppose it's good to know that someone has plans for it. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
LOL that's what I hear. They scare me.

In all seriousness
If you have not read the genre before, then I suppose they are ok *for their target audiance*, but I'm not a teenage girl pining for "true love" or "forbidden love", and nor an I ignorant of the genre. In some ways they are like the HP phenom. HP firmy threw the fantasy genre into the public eye in a major way, Twilight sorta does the same for supernatural fiction. Neither is amazingly good (no matter how much I enjoyed HP, I've read better) What we really need right now is a writer who can do the same for Scifi, yet not have it tied to the current Scifi "biggies" (SW/ST/SG), and to be accessible to the public the same way Twilight/HP are.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
In all seriousness
If you have not read the genre before, then I suppose they are ok *for their target audiance*, but I'm not a teenage girl pining for "true love" or "forbidden love", and nor an I ignorant of the genre. In some ways they are like the HP phenom. HP firmy threw the fantasy genre into the public eye in a major way, Twilight sorta does the same for supernatural fiction. Neither is amazingly good (no matter how much I enjoyed HP, I've read better) What we really need right now is a writer who can do the same for Scifi, yet not have it tied to the current Scifi "biggies" (SW/ST/SG), and to be accessible to the public the same way Twilight/HP are.
Twilight draws more on teenage romance than fiction IMO.

G

Graybrew1

Breaking: CBS schedule announced. CSI Miami, The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five 0 all confirmed renewals. CSI moves to Wednesdays at 10, Person of Interest takes Thursday 9pm slot.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/cbs-f...nesday-good-wife-moves-to-sunday/#more-218172

I have to go out now but I'll update the table when I get back. Basically anything not already on the list is renewed though - I feel like one of the NCIS shows wasn't officially renewed until now but CBS usually just announces everything at once, even the obvious stuff.

I used to watch this show. I thought it was good for about half the season and then I just lost interest. I think that the Grace Park was great kick in her butt character as Boomer in BSG and all she does is walk around in Bikinis and whine in this one. She has some decent fight scenes but it is just not the same.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I used to watch this show. I thought it was good for about half the season and then I just lost interest. I think that the Grace Park was great kick in her butt character as Boomer in BSG and all she does is walk around in Bikinis and whine in this one. She has some decent fight scenes but it is just not the same.
I could never get into the Hawaii 5-0 remake. It never interested me in the least.

That said, I've found it hilarious that the ostensible star of the show hasn't been the breakout hit, with viewers falling for Scott Caan (the plucky sidekick), instead. They moved McGarrett's family out of the show and started exploring Caan's character more.

Part of viewers' disinterest in the main guy may be because he's such a wooden actor. Caan, on the other hand, comes from an acting family, so...

And it's been a huge chuckle to me that the show's fans are blaming the night for the show's non-first-place ratings. Funny how they seem to have forgotten that CSI: Sunglasses did very well in that slot for years.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I could never get into the Hawaii 5-0 remake. It never interested me in the least.

That said, I've found it hilarious that the ostensible star of the show hasn't been the breakout hit, with viewers falling for Scott Caan (the plucky sidekick), instead. They moved McGarrett's family out of the show and started exploring Caan's character more.

Part of viewers' disinterest in the main guy may be because he's such a wooden actor. Caan, on the other hand, comes from an acting family, so...

And it's been a huge chuckle to me that the show's fans are blaming the night for the show's non-first-place ratings. Funny how they seem to have forgotten that CSI: Sunglasses did very well in that slot for years.

It probably is the slot a little to be fair. It's opposite Castle which is just plain better, hence Five-0 gets second place ratings :icon_razz:.

G

Graybrew1

Yes, they already also have the , every other case involves one of them personally problem. I hate that. I like the main actor, but his best role was Moonlight. He is much better darker. Hopefully, since they renewed it, they can tweak it a little and make it better and I might give it another shot.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yes, they already also have the , every other case involves one of them personally problem. I hate that. I like the main actor, but his best role was Moonlight. He is much better darker. Hopefully, since they renewed it , they can tweak it a little and make it better and I might give it another shot.
As CBS seems to be rabidly anti-anything that isn't a procedural (unless it's a comedy), that might be difficult.

The Good Wife (which I don't watch) and Blue Bloods (which I do) are exceptions to that rule, however I think it was only long time fan favorite Tom Selleck's oomph that kept them from making Blue Bloods fit their desired mold.

G

Graybrew1

As CBS seems to be rabidly anti-anything that isn't a procedural (unless it's a comedy), that might be difficult.

The Good Wife (which I don't watch) and Blue Bloods (which I do) are exceptions to that rule, however I think it was only long time fan favorite Tom Selleck's oomph that kept them from making Blue Bloods fit their desired mold.

It's a shame. Then I doubt I will go back to it.