Renewal and Cancellation news

G

Graybrew1

So did SGU before it began. ;)

Let's just hope this turns out better, you sure sound like a pessimist today. :icon_e_wink: Terra Nova could be cool. B&G could be cool. Or everything could su#^ and we will be up the river without any paddles. :eek: That is the whole point of fresh new shows right? :biggrin:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Let's just hope this turns out better, you sure sound like a pessimist today. :icon_e_wink: Terra Nova could be cool. B&G could be cool. Or everything could su#^ and we will be up the river without any paddles. :eek: That is the whole point of fresh new shows right? :biggrin:

OR some might like a show and some might not. There's too many options...im confused...I'm not watching anything now, its just too difficult :p.

G

Graybrew1

OR some might like a show and some might not. There's too many options...im confused...I'm not watching anything now, its just too difficult :p.

Agreed, I just want to give anything with Scifi in it a shot. :biggrin: So, you don't like the sound of Terra Nova?

S

Stonelesscutter

I'll probably watch it if you guys tell me it's good.
Then again, I'll probably watch it if you guys tell me it's crap. :)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Personally I'm more interested in some of the other pilots such as Awake, Touch, Alcatraz and Person of Interest. I'll be giving Terra Nova a try though - I actually really like Fox's lineup since they kept Fringe and are launching two new Sci-fi shows plus the aforementioned Touch with Kiefer Sutherland.

G

Graybrew1

Personally I'm more interested in some of the other pilots such as Awake, Touch, Alcatraz and Person of Interest. I'll be giving Terra Nova a try though - I actually really like Fox's lineup since they kept Fringe and are launching two new Sci-fi shows plus the aforementioned Touch with Kiefer Sutherland.

I agree with you that their lineup sounds alot more interesting to me right now than NBC's or ABC's.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
CBS picks up three more shows:
Rookies, now The 2-2, which is executive produced by Robert De Niro; and The Rememberer, now Unforgettable, which stars Poppy Montgomery; and David Hornsby's comedy How To Be a Gentleman.

I'll add them to the table and get a small line of info.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
ABC's fall schedule announced. Some interesting placements - Once Upon a Time on Sunday?

MONDAY
8/7c Dancing with the Stars
10 pm Castle
TUESDAY
8 pm Last Man Standing [NEW]
8:30 pm Man Up [NEW]
9 pm Dancing with the Stars Results Show
10 pm Body of Proof
WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Middle
8:30 pm SUBURGATORY [NEW]
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm Happy Endings
10 pm Revenge [NEW]
THURSDAY
8 pm Charlie’s Angels [NEW]
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Private Practice
FRIDAY
8 pm Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9 pm Shark Tank
10 pm 20/20
SATURDAY
8 pm Saturday Night College Football
SUNDAY
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time [NEW]
9 pm Desperate Housewives
10 pm Pan Am [NEW]

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fall-tv-preview-abc-schedule/#more-217608

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
BREAKING: CBS renews CSI: NY and cancels Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. Likely more news to come.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/cbs-renews-csi-ny-cancels-criminal-minds-suspect-behavior/

EDIT: I doubt many people on here are concerned but it seems Emmy award winning drama The Good Wife isn't in danger of getting cancelled. CBS is quite literally only keeping because of the awards since its ratings are pretty mediocre. So a win for quality then.

DOUBLE EDIT: Another report that Blue Bloods is fine for another season.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ABC's fall schedule announced. Some interesting placements - Once Upon a Time on Sunday?

MONDAY
8/7c Dancing with the Stars
10 pm Castle
TUESDAY
8 pm Last Man Standing [NEW]
8:30 pm Man Up [NEW]
9 pm Dancing with the Stars Results Show
10 pm Body of Proof
WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Middle
8:30 pm SUBURGATORY [NEW]
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm Happy Endings
10 pm Revenge [NEW]
THURSDAY
8 pm Charlie’s Angels [NEW]
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Private Practice
FRIDAY
8 pm Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9 pm Shark Tank
10 pm 20/20
SATURDAY
8 pm Saturday Night College Football
SUNDAY
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time [NEW]
9 pm Desperate Housewives
10 pm Pan Am [NEW]

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fall-tv-preview-abc-schedule/#more-217608

:mckayrolleyes: :beckettd:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Breaking: Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) won't return for Season 8 of House. Not sure if there are any House fans on here but such a big show loosing its lead actress is big news. Also I'm loving using the word 'breaking' in posts.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/#more-217761

EDIT: I should add this likely means reports that this coming year will be the final season of House are correct. Even if it wasn't set in stone this development puts the future of the show in serious doubt.

:mckayrolleyes: :beckettd:

Their lineup does look particularly naff. Still they have to do what they need to in order to make a profit, last year was terrible for ABC.

G

Graybrew1

Breaking: Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) won't return for Season 8 of House. Not sure if there are any House fans on here but such a big show loosing its lead actress is big news. Also I'm loving using the word 'breaking' in posts.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/#more-217761

EDIT: I should add this likely means reports that this coming year will be the final season of House are correct. Even if it wasn't set in stone this development puts the future of the show in serious doubt.

Their lineup does look particularly naff. Still they have to do what they need to in order to make a profit, last year was terrible for ABC.

This does not surprise me. I have always been a Huge House fan, but lately the storylines are more about the doctor's personal lives than the medical mysteries and diagnosis.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This does not surprise me. I have always been a Huge House fan, but lately the storylines are more about the doctor's personal lives than the medical mysteries and diagnosis.

Yep. Unfortunately the soapiness overtook House.