Renewal and Cancellation news

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Where oh where is that straight razor of mine?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The Walking Dead has been renewed for a 3rd season. Here's the interesting part - the number of episodes is TBD but it will be at least 13 episodes long. That means we could be seeing an even longer run next year if all pans out well.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/amc-renews-the-walking-dead-for-season-3/#more-263944

I don't mean to be the guy that pisses in the punch bowl here but I hope they don't cut the budget and/or haven't lowered it the way they did for this season. It's hard to say how much that affected the show since we've only seen 2 episodes so far, but time will tell.

Not surprising they got the renewal notice though since the show did so well with the season 2 premiere.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I don't mean to be the guy that pisses in the punch bowl here but I hope they don't cut the budget and/or haven't lowered it the way they did for this season. It's hard to say how much that affected the show since we've only seen 2 episodes so far, but time will tell.

Not surprising they got the renewal notice though since the show did so well with the season 2 premiere.

It's unlikely it will be cut again. Word on the street (i.e. the internet highway) is that the deal for Mad Men impacted the other AMC shows. With The Walking Dead having such a high budget it was the obvious target. Now it's also been reported that the first season was essentially a 6 episode pilot and that there were always going to be budget alterations after, so it may be the case that this was always part of the plan. I also read in an interview that the new showrunner isn't having any issues with the budget and said that there hasn't been anything he'd had to pull back on as a result.

I mean AMC now has a ratings hit, Breaking Bad has started to pull more viewers in than ever and the Mad Men deal is done. Not to mention their launching a new (big? it seems so anyway) show in November - Hell on Wheels. Thing's seem to be going well over there.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.

bolded = AWESOME analogy :P :rotflmao:

as for the renewal.. 13 EPISODES???? WTH i thought it was moving at a snails pace as is... and now they are going to drag it out and slow it down even more? this does not bode well in my oppinion..

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
bolded = AWESOME analogy :P :rotflmao:

as for the renewal.. 13 EPISODES???? WTH i thought it was moving at a snails pace as is... and now they are going to drag it out and slow it down even more? this does not bode well in my oppinion..

This season is 13 episodes as well don't forget, it was only the first that was shorter.

I sense this may not be the news you were looking for.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

78F645E1BF17C43DD6A925669EA1E.jpg

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This season is 13 episodes as well don't forget, it was only the first that was shorter.

I sense this may not be the news you were looking for.
i see well that sure as hell explains the snails pace and OVERLY drawn out scenes... IE FILLER and maximising PROFIT! :puke: