Renewal and Cancellation news

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I was so upset with last night's ep, I should start on thread on it.

True, but on the bright side Tesla's back on Sanctuary, and "revamped" to boot.

G

Graybrew1

True, but on the bright side Tesla's back on Sanctuary, and "revamped" to boot.

I watched them both, Sancturay was much better than House last night. I am looking forward to Tesla getting his snark on. LOL

And BTW, I did start a thread on House and those former favs like it , that really should be done.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
AMC doesn't order any pilots this season. However some may be redeveloped for the future including 'Voyager' a sci-fi show about humans first contact with alien life.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/amc-wont-order-any-pilots-this-go-round/

For those of us who have watched some of the quality shows on AMC it's a bit annoying none are moving up the pipeline. At least they care about quality though.

EDIT: The name of the show is 'The Voyage'. Misread that.

Tropicana

Council Member
Ah good "Hellcats"-cancelled, I saw random promos for "Hellcats" that was being shown on MTV 1 (UK) and it looked absolutely crap.

S

Stonelesscutter

Breaking: Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) won't return for Season 8 of House. Not sure if there are any House fans on here but such a big show loosing its lead actress is big news. Also I'm loving using the word 'breaking' in posts.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/#more-217761

EDIT: I should add this likely means reports that this coming year will be the final season of House are correct. Even if it wasn't set in stone this development puts the future of the show in serious doubt.

Their lineup does look particularly naff. Still they have to do what they need to in order to make a profit, last year was terrible for ABC.

Too bad about Cuddy. I've been following the show for a long time and always liked her.
House on the other hand I don't give a **** about. He was okay at first but he's become annoying.

Tropicana

Council Member
**UK ONLY**

Glee to exit from E4 and Channel 4

Glee fans will no longer be able to see the TV show on digital channel E4 after parent company Channel 4 walked away from negotiations for the next series.

Sky is expected to be the show's likely destination after reportedly offering more than double the amount Channel 4 paid for its first two seasons.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Britney Spears are among those to have appeared on the US hit about a high school singing troupe. Channel 4 said it would free up "huge amounts" by not renewing its Glee deal.

A spokesman said the money would go on "home-grown programming, British talent and... continuing to discover and showcase what the US has to offer". The broadcaster was "particularly thrilled" to have secured the rights to the US version of Danish crime drama The Killing.

According to reports, Sky have offered to pay £12m (US$19.5m) for the rights to Glee's third series - about £500,000 (US$812,000) per episode.

The final three episodes of season two will be the last to be aired on free-to-air channels if the deal goes ahead.

The second series has pulled in up to 2.6m viewers on E4, making it the channel's biggest ratings winner to date.
Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13428649

So if Glee ends up on Sky then that's quite an addition, to a major existing monopoly of American shows in their portfolio. Though I suspect that Sky may put 'Glee' onto their Sky Atlantic channel that only is available to Sky customers at the moment. I believe, it should go on Sky One.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Sky Atlantic seems to be focussed on drama's for now, I'd bet Sky One.

Still who else hates that Sky just nabs shows when they become popular. I know in the long term their extra money helps keep shows afloat but it still bugs me.

Tropicana

Council Member
Aye like Grey's Anatomy, it is shown on Five (a season behind) and former Living TV that was part of Virgin Media, and held exclusive rights, that was; until Sky acquired Living TV and it became, Sky Living. So Sky has too acquired exclusive rights to Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice and therefore getting added to Sky's portfolio.

Though so far Channel 5 have acquired exclusive rights to CSI so, for now, Sky hasn't acquired that yet.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Breaking: CBS schedule announced. CSI Miami, The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five 0 all confirmed renewals. CSI moves to Wednesdays at 10, Person of Interest takes Thursday 9pm slot.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/cbs-f...nesday-good-wife-moves-to-sunday/#more-218172

I have to go out now but I'll update the table when I get back. Basically anything not already on the list is renewed though - I feel like one of the NCIS shows wasn't officially renewed until now but CBS usually just announces everything at once, even the obvious stuff.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
And we're pretty much done. The table should now be complete with all the renewed, cancelled and new scripted shows for next season. CBS might pick up a few new comedies for mid-season but for the most part there shouldn't be anymore big news.

Thanks for all the comments and green btw :).

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Thanks for tracking all these down, it's nice to see them all in one place. Definitely green 4u! It's gonna be interesting to see which of these new shows survive!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Craig Engler has just confirmed they have ordered 26 eps of Lost Girl. he thinks this will please the genre fans. Anyone know about this show?

You know about vampires and werewolves and zombies. But do you know about the succubus?
Syfy is about to introduce you to this lesser known, but definitely intriguing, supernatural entity. The network is adding to its lineup two seasons of a Canadian supernatural series called Lost Girl, starring Anna Silk (The Ghost Whisperer) as Bo, a demon seductress who feeds off sexual energy. Raised by human parents, Bo had no idea she was any different until she accidentally “drained” her first boyfriend to death (hey, it happens).
She hits the road and discovers she’s a member of a group that feeds off human energy, and she must choose between joining the light and dark clans. Other characters include a homicide detective/Bo’s love interest, a human confidante and street-smart survivor, a doctor who competes for Bo’s heart, and a handsome male “Siren” who is the eternal bachelor (and ultimate wingman).
“In one year, Lost Girl has electrified viewers in Canada and around the world. We’re delighted to bring this fascinating, high-octane series, which depicts a unique world and memorable heroine, to the Syfy audience,” says Thomas Vitale, executive VP, programming at Syfy.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/syfy-lost-girl/