Renewal and Cancellation news

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm surprised at Chuck getting renewed since it has been getting pretty low numbers lately, but I suppose its still delivering a profit due to its low budget (for network v anyway) and the fact that Subway is footing some cash for the show (which has given us some funny tounge-in-cheek product placements). Interesting fact: if an order for eleven additional episodes are added for season 5 as well, the season (and probably the show) would end on its 100th episode.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'm surprised at Chuck getting renewed since it has been getting pretty low numbers lately, but I suppose its still delivering a profit due to its low budget (for network v anyway) and the fact that Subway is footing some cash for the show (which has given us some funny tounge-in-cheek product placements). Interesting fact: if an order for eleven additional episodes are added for season 5 as well, the season (and probably the show) would end on its 100th episode.

Yeh I was surprised at this too. It's not official yet though so there could be last minute twist.

Such as this: Just read that Breaking In, which is officially cancelled, might come back. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...aking-in-might-come-back-from-the-dead/92396/.

I'm not going to bother posting it to the front page since officially it is dead, but it's still a pretty crazy rumour.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Updated again with more news. Wonder Woman is out and Harry's Law is in for sure. Interesting pilots over at NBC.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Updated again with more news. Wonder Woman is out and Harry's Law is in for sure. Interesting pilots over at NBC.

LMAO dying for the V news, but only if it's a cancellation! I predict no yioshi for a week if V gets renewed, even in a limited run! ;)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
LMAO dying for the V news, but only if it's a cancellation! I predict no yioshi for a week if V gets renewed, even in a limited run! ;)

Got nothing against the show. I'd rather see it renewed than cancelled because I hate shows ending prematurely. As soon as I hear either way I'll update it here like I have all the other "bubble" or in dispute shows.

Like everyone else though, I'm far more interested in the shows I'm actually into at the moment. The top one for me being the final word on Law and Order LA.

EDIT: Chuck renewal official.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
UPDATE: The Event has been cancelled. Four more sitcoms for NBC.

EDIT: Chuck's fifth season to be its last.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Not that this will make V fans feel any better but Happy Endings has been renewed. News on what new shows ABC picked up is being updated too.

Tropicana

Council Member
The only show that interests me from ABC is Grey's Anatomy and possibly Private Practice. From Fox is Glee. Those three have been renewed for the next season already so I'm safe. :)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
The only show that interests me from ABC is Grey's Anatomy and possibly Private Practice. From Fox is Glee. Those three have been renewed for the next season already so I'm safe. :)

Your pretty lucky then, it looks like a bloodbath out there in terms of cancelled shows. I'm trying to update with info on the new shows the networks have picked up as fast as I can - I've read some are for the fall and some are for mid-season.

Interesting one of note for this forum - The Robert Carlyle project 'Once Upon a Time' is one of the pickups. So I guess that's nice he's moved on.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Too bad about V. I stopped watching the show early season 2 but there's so few sci fi shows on tv right now so it always sucks when one is cancelled.

The Robert Carlyle project 'Once Upon a Time' is one of the pickups. So I guess that's nice he's moved on.

Good for him. :) I hope it does well.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Bloody hell - news overflow the last couple of hours.

Outsources cancelled by NBC. CBS picks up Person of Interest.

Yes that means CBS news is starting to come in.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
None of this impacts me as I don't really watch network tv these days...although snookie has turned me on to Castle. :D Technically V lasted longer than sgu since sgu was cancelled in dec! ;) but then V also had many more people watching it! :D

edit:.. and someone is remaking charlie's angels :facepalm: see there are no new ideas! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Your pretty lucky then, it looks like a bloodbath out there in terms of cancelled shows. I'm trying to update with info on the new shows the networks have picked up as fast as I can - I've read some are for the fall and some are for mid-season.

Interesting one of note for this forum - The Robert Carlyle project 'Once Upon a Time' is one of the pickups. So I guess that's nice he's moved on.

as rumplestilskin will he have to bathe.....:P

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
None of this impacts me as I don't really watch network tv these days...although snookie has turned me on to Castle. :D Technically V lasted longer than sgu since sgu was cancelled in dec! ;) but then V also had many more people watching it! :D

I got in to that recently as well, really enjoying it. It's gaining traction in the ratings as well from what I can tell - good to see Nathan Fillion on a winning ship, he really deserves it.

EDIT: Not network news but saw this anyway. Treme has been renewed for third season by HBO.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/hbo-renews-treme-for-third-season/

S

Stonelesscutter

Crap! V got cancelled.
That sucks.
Sometimes I hate the general public for not being into scifi.