Renewal and Cancellation news

S

Stonelesscutter

I got in to that recently as well, really enjoying it. It's gaining traction in the ratings as well from what I can tell - good to see Nathan Fillion on a winning ship, he really deserves it.

Been following Castle since the beginning and it has been good so far.
Getting a little worried though wondering how much longer they can keep it up.
Starting to get a little annoyed by all the insinuations towards a relation between Castle and Beckett while it just doesn't happen.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
if it happens the show is doomed!

Been following Castle since the beginning and it has been good so far.
Getting a little worried though wondering how much longer they can keep it up.
Starting to get a little annoyed by all the insinuations towards a relation between Castle and Beckett while it just doesn't happen.

historically, if the two main characters ever do get together in a show like this, the the show is over...Moonlighting , Remington Steele, and Scarecrow and Mrs King for example!

S

Stonelesscutter

historically, if the two main characters ever do get together in a show like this, the the show is over...Moonlighting , Remington Steele, and Scarecrow and Mrs King for example!

Well if they don't go there then the show will end too because too many viewers will get annoyed and stop watching, like with SGU. :)

B

Backstep

Well if they don't go there then the show will end too because too many viewers will get annoyed and stop watching, like with SGU. :)

One of the biggest reasons i stop watching a show is when the show starts to 'ship' on screen. There are plenty of forums and fan sites where shippers can ship all they like. This is one of the many reasons i could not watch SGU.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Despite the cancellation of V and The Event, there actually seems to be an awful lot of new sci-fi and fantasy shows being picked up. I really hope some of the cooler concepts stick.

EDIT: Sarah Michelle Gellar pilot 'Ringer' has been picked up by the CW, despite being developed for CBS. I didn't think anyone here would be interested in CW shows (bar Nikita which I hear is pretty good) but there might be some Buffy fans interested. http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/surprise-sarah-michelle-gellars-the-ringer-to-get-picked-up-by-cw/

S

Stonelesscutter

Despite the cancellation of V and The Event, there actually seems to be an awful lot of new sci-fi and fantasy shows being picked up. I really hope some of the cooler concepts stick.

EDIT: Sarah Michelle Gellar pilot 'Ringer' has been picked up by the CW, despite being developed for CBS. I didn't think anyone here would be interested in CW shows (bar Nikita which I hear is pretty good) but there might be some Buffy fans interested. http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/surprise-sarah-michelle-gellars-the-ringer-to-get-picked-up-by-cw/

Isn't Nikita (the show) like 15 years old???

S

Stonelesscutter

It was re-imagined. I watch it. It's pretty good.

Is it better than the original?
I never watched either of them, perhaps I should pick it up.
Or maybe I'm better off with the 'ancient' version. :)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I'm not at all fond of the new Nikita. Gimme the really good La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson any day. :)

peta-wilson-nel-serial-la-femme-nikita-110433.jpg

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
In regard to Castle, the creator of the show, Andrew Marlowe, has said that the characters WILL get together, and that it won't be dragged out to the end of the show. It IS intended to be a romance, on top of everything else.

I'm looking forward to it.

S

Stonelesscutter

In regard to Castle, the creator of the show, Andrew Marlowe, has said that the characters WILL get together, and that it won't be dragged out to the end of the show. It IS intended to be a romance, on top of everything else.

I'm looking forward to it.

So am I. They've already been dragging it out for too long for my taste.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So am I. They've already been dragging it out for too long for my taste.
The show's creator and production staff are very much paying attention to what the viewers want, and they want this, so...

The season ender is Monday night, so I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what happens. I hope at least one more good squee moment before I have to wait for next season.

It's interesting that while CBS is into procedurals and is pushing for those (they are wanting to turn Blue Blood into more of a procedural and get away from the family stuff, much to the disgust and dismay of Tom Selleck, who insisted upon a more "family" show when he agreed to do it), ABC appears to be more welcoming of something along the lines of Castle.

Meanwhile Blue Bloods' creators/showrunners have left the production in the past few weeks because of CBS' demands and a new showrunner is being sought. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

S

Stonelesscutter

The show's creator and production staff are very much paying attention to what the viewers want, and they want this, so...

The season ender is Monday night, so I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what happens. I hope at least one more good squee moment before I have to wait for next season.

It's interesting that while CBS is into procedurals and is pushing for those (they are wanting to turn Blue Blood into more of a procedural and get away from the family stuff, much to the disgust and dismay of Tom Selleck, who insisted upon a more "family" show when he agreed to do it), ABC appears to be more welcoming of something along the lines of Castle.

Meanwhile Blue Bloods' creators/showrunners have left the production in the past few weeks because of CBS' demands and a new showrunner is being sought. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

I'm looking forward to a good final Castle episode as well. Hope they won't make the cliffhanger too huge though, a normal one will do for me. :)
Don't know Blue Blood.

Does anyone know if Big Bang Theory get's another season?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

The CW is co-owned by CBS and Warner Bros, so it makes sense in a certain way.

The CW is aimed at younger viewers, as is patently obvious, from the type of programming they normally offer.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm looking forward to a good final Castle episode as well. Hope they won't make the cliffhanger too huge though, a normal one will do for me. :)
Don't know Blue Blood.

Does anyone know if Big Bang Theory get's another season?
The Big Bang Theory is one of CBS' most popular shows, so its renewal is kind of a no-brainer. :)