Ratings II

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
the joke is on them!

SGA's finale, (from a 2009 article at TVByTheNumbers):
In the 9 p.m. hour, “Stargate Atlantis’” series finale scored a 1.5 household rating and drew 2 million total viewers. The show wrapped up its final season with an average 1.6 household rating and 2.1 total million viewers, up 14% and 5%, respectively, from the previous season.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...gs-for-stargate-atlantis-and-sanctuary/10689/

DOUBLE! Damnit! DOUBLE!!! :mad:

And 1.13 million viewers is what they cancelled sga for? :laughing:who looks stupid now? :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And a rating of 1.13 is what they cancelled sga for? :laughing:who looks stupid now? :P

Now now, let's be gracious here. A lady doesn't need to say "I told you so!" when it's so deliciously obvious. :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Now now, let's be gracious here. A lady doesn't need to say "I told you so!" when it's so deliciously obvious. :icon_lol:

I never said that phrase...just giggled a lot! ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Agreed!

(although, looking at those numbers, I think that the second set of figures (1.6 HH and 2.1 million avg) must be refering to Live + 7? Because I know it did well, but not that well for the Live + Same day)

L+SD season average for SGa S5 was around the 1.65 mark IIRC

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
... and it cost 1.0 million dollars less per episode than SGU, according to Brad Wright. :facepalm:

You fail to recognize that art, naturally, comes with a higher price tag. SGA was hamburger while SGU was filet mignon. Were you anything other than a hamburger eater you'd know this. :cool:

S

Stonelesscutter

You fail to recognize that art, naturally, comes with a higher price tag. SGA was hamburger while SGU was filet mignon. Were you anything other than a hamburger eater you'd know this. :cool:

Hamburgers can be quite good. :)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Well, sure. SGA was a perfectly cooked hamburger vs. SGU's burned and crispy filet mignon. ;)

G

Graybrew1

Well, sure. SGA was a perfectly cooked hamburger vs. SGU's burned and crispy filet mignon. ;)

yes with some mushrooms on that filet , get it? , the fungus? LOL :icon_e_wink: :biggrin:

Oh, and some onions too, to stink it up.

:rotflmao:

Sorry, I crack me up.

B

Backstep

Where does hotdogs rank?

S

Stonelesscutter

The "hot dog" of Stargate was the kids' cartoon: Stargate Infinity. Maybe more like cocktail wieners.

It also had bad ratings, and stunk up kids' channels for one season only.

I've never even seen a glimpse of that show.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Don't bother, it was awful. And it's not considered canon anyway.

It's not bad compared to sgu, but then Gilligan's Island is high art compared to sgu! :P

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
It's not bad compared to sgu, but then Gilligan's Island is high art compared to sgu! :P
Gilligan's Island was always worthy of a chuckle. SGU on the other hand was a weekly hour of... "aw, no... sadness... pain... oh no, what are they... ouch!... jesus, they're all horrible people! ...Man, they're screwing again..."

Who wants to watch an hour of downers and hard luck, with hopes constantly getting dashed against sharp rocks. Ugh, not for me.