Ratings II

G

Graybrew1

Gilligan's Island was always worthy of a chuckle. SGU on the other hand was a weekly hour of... "aw, no... sadness... pain... oh no, what are they... ouch!... jesus, they're all horrible people! ...Man, they're screwing again..."

Who wants to watch an hour of downers and hard luck, with hopes constantly getting dashed against sharp rocks. Ugh, not for me.

It's over now. No more torture for you. :biggrin:

G

Graybrew1

...and, and! And should I point out that the Professor on Gilligan's Island did more with coconuts, wheels, levers and pulleys to make their lives better than Rush or Eli ever did? :D

He was much less annoying when he was doing it too. :icon_razz:

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Hmmm.

Unending - 2.1 Million viewers (Success)
Enemy at the Gate - 2.0 Million viewers (Success)
Gauntlet - 1.1 Million viewers (FAIL)

G

Graybrew1

I frakin loved Unending! So, much better than Gauntlet. But don't let us get started on that. :rolleyes:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I frakin loved Unending! So, much better than Gauntlet. But don't let us get started on that. :rolleyes:

Actually I thought it was quite good, I take back my 'meh' comment. I just remember being underwhelmed, while with Gauntlet I thought it was really effective.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
To each his own right? But numbers don't lie. :)

call me nutty, but i think the concept and basic story were good for gauntlet. however because i think all the characters suck, they could never have got more than an f grade from me.

EATG however i thought the story was weak but as i loved the characters i still give it a b rating.

Ive never watched unending as i dont enjoy sg1.

G

Graybrew1

call me nutty, but i think the concept and basic story were good for gauntlet. however because i think all the characters suck, they could never have got more than an f grade from me.

EATG however i thought the story was weak but as i loved the characters i still give it a b rating.

Ive never watched unending as i dont enjoy sg1.

I am like a former smoker versus someone who never smoked. Because I had great hopes for SGU, I am proabaly harder on it than someone who never expected anything from it.

SG1 was my favorite SG show. SGA was good, I enjoyed it. I Loved that like the Voyager ending, in SG1's we got two different endings. Plus like you are a huge Rodney fan, I am a huge Daniel fan. :biggrin:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I am like a former smoker versus someone who never smoked. Because I had great hopes for SGU, I am proabaly harder on it than someone who never expected anything from it.

SG1 was my favorite SG show. SGA was good, I enjoyed it. I Loved that like the Voyager ending, in SG1's we got two different endings. Plus like you are a huge Rodney fan, I am a huge Daniel fan. :biggrin:
i like both myself and they are my fave characters.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Its all about the characters for me. If one of the sgu team had intrigued me at all, i would have given it more time.

Im interested to see the live + 7 numbers for this ep. will there be a jump from the norm as its a last episode?

G

Graybrew1

Enemy at the Gate should've been a two-hour (or two part) episode. Then, maybe, and I do stress MAYBE it would have been a good series finale.

Beside Itunes. Are they reshowing Enemy at the Gate on Syfy? I would love to be able to sit down and really re-watch it.