Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Did you notice those orange ductless AC's up on the ledge that were painted ! Big no no . The aluminum fins cannot have paint on them or else the heat from the building , room, cannot escape efficiently . I can only imagine there hydro bill and complaint's that they can't cool shit ...

:facepalm:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Did you notice those orange ductless AC's up on the ledge that were painted ! Big no no . The aluminum fins cannot have paint on them or else the heat from the building , room, cannot escape efficiently . I can only imagine there hydro bill and complaint's that they can't cool shit ...

:facepalm:

I hadn't even noticed the AC units until you mentioned them. Who needs AC in Belfast anyway, let alone several units. I wonder what they be doin' in there.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

There is nothing like that left in California. :( All brick buildings have to have rebar of a certain thickness running through it at specific distances from the other rebars to pass code, and that is only for existing brick buildings. And those AC units hanging over public walkways are illegal here too. But it looks so damned cool! Beautiful pics.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I hadn't even noticed the AC units until you mentioned them. Who needs AC in Belfast anyway, let alone several units. I wonder what they be doin' in there.
I thought that also lol . Could be a number of things . Movie film house ? Food proccessing , Computer Servers . I installed quite a few of those in businesses that need there server rooms cooled year round , even in the winter . I had to install a unit called a Moto Master to reduce the condensor fan speed in the winter so it would not freeze up during cold spells as it pulled the warm air from the server rooms . I am sure OM1 knows how warm those rooms get with all that electronics running .
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Is that your favorite pub?
I don't have a favorite pub. Not much of a pub guy anyway. Several of those pictures are at the same pub but on different occasions. It's a nice one I guess. Plenty of different rooms. Nice outside area where you can smoke and drink at the same time.

I don't have a favorite pub. Not much of a pub guy anyway. Several of those pictures are at the same pub but on different occasions. It's a nice one I guess. Plenty of different rooms. Nice outside area where you can smoke and drink at the same time.

And the drunken fisticuffs that happen hourly, where do those take place? :daniel_new004:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Haven't seen any. I believe they are a myth.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haven't seen any. I believe they are a myth.

You could say the exact same thing about anybody not white in that bar! :smiley-laughing021: :P. I'm just kidding. The Irish are some of the coolest people on the planet. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You could say the exact same thing about anybody not white in that bar! :smiley-laughing021: :P. I'm just kidding. The Irish are some of the coolest people on the planet. :)
What do you mean anybody not white? Is there such a thing?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What do you mean anybody not white? Is there such a thing?

:) That whole area where you live is awesome. Lots of cool "historic" looking stuff. It has character and beauty and looks mature. Stuff in LA looks like it was made by some second-rate set designer for B-grade scifi. :) Of course, we have our "mature" zones like Beverly Hills and Bel Air and Santa Barbara and several other small zones, but the overall character is nowhere near as lovely. You have been here, you already know.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
:) That whole area where you live is awesome. Lots of cool "historic" looking stuff. It has character and beauty and looks mature. Stuff in LA looks like it was made by some second-rate set designer for B-grade scifi. :) Of course, we have our "mature" zones like Beverly Hills and Bel Air and Santa Barbara and several other small zones, but the overall character is nowhere near as lovely. You have been here, you already know.

Dude. This place looks like a shithole. You'd realize that right away if you were to walk around here for yourself.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude. This place looks like a shithole. You'd realize that right away if you were to walk around here for yourself.

One man's shithole looking place is another man's quaint European locale. :pride: Maybe your photos are a testament to that whole "eye of the beholder" thing. ;) You make it all look beautiful with those pictures.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
And some city views for you folks.

IMG_20180920_121102.jpg
IMG_20180920_121141.jpg
IMG_20180920_123335.jpg
IMG_20180920_123611.jpg
IMG_20180920_123632.jpg
IMG_20180920_124147.jpg
IMG_20180920_124322.jpg
IMG_20180920_152124.jpg
IMG_20180920_153755.jpg
IMG_20180920_154201.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Auto-stitched by Google.

IMG_20180920_142706-PANO.jpg

Lol. Google algorithms invented the car-tram.