Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
One of the tulips I planted back around late September early October last year. I planted 23 in one tub. So far 8 of them have started peeking above ground. This one is furthest along.

IMG_20190120_091455.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One of the tulips I planted back around late September early October last year. I planted 23 in one tub. So far 8 of them have started peeking above ground. This one is furthest along.

View attachment 35077

That is some serious looking mulch those are growing in! Beautiful shot. Hey, do you play around with video at all?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That is some serious looking mulch those are growing in! Beautiful shot. Hey, do you play around with video at all?
It's just an ordinary bag of all purpose potting dirt. I don't do much with video, aside from the videos of bumblebees and such I posted last year.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's just an ordinary bag of all purpose potting dirt. I don't do much with video, aside from the videos of bumblebees and such I posted last year.

Our ordinary potting dirt is nowhere near as organic looking as that. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am becoming VERY interested in video. Not sure why, but I see a need to be able to shoot in 4k 60fps. I don't know of a phone that can do that yet.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So the tulips have sure come along nicely since I posted that picture barely a month and a half ago.

Tulips 1.jpg

That one was taken on 02/03/2019, that's second of March.

For comparison, this one was taken on 22/01/2019.

Tulips 2.jpg

And this one on 09/02/2019.

Tulips 3.jpg

I should note that somewhere in between I rotated the pot 180 degrees because the plants all started to lean to one side.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So we came back from our holiday and I found the tulips like this. To think I was worried about them for so long in the beginning.

Tulips.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
An itsy bitsy spider thought he could hide.

ItsyBitsySpider.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If you look closely, you'll see that two of the tulips have been cut. About a week ago I found the first one sliced through and the remains were just left there. In other words, it wasn't cut with the intention of taking it, it was cut just for the sake of destruction. I moved the pot away from the fence so that it would be unreachable from the sidewalk. Two or three days later, I found another one cut and just lying on the ground. This one wasn't even fully grown yet. Someone has had to open the gate and step onto our turf in order to do this. Needless to say, if I catch the asshole who did this, there'll be hell to pay.

IMG_20190406_090223_1.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If you look closely, you'll see that two of the tulips have been cut. About a week ago I found the first one sliced through and the remains were just left there. In other words, it wasn't cut with the intention of taking it, it was cut just for the sake of destruction. I moved the pot away from the fence so that it would be unreachable from the sidewalk. Two or three days later, I found another one cut and just lying on the ground. This one wasn't even fully grown yet. Someone has had to open the gate and step onto our turf in order to do this. Needless to say, if I catch the asshole who did this, there'll be hell to pay.

View attachment 35151

Children, particularly boys, are the likely suspects. I really mean younger teens

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Children, particularly boys, are the likely suspects. I really mean younger teens
That was my first thought as well, but you never know. I wanted to borrow a Circle camera from work to try and catch the culprit in the act, but they wouldn't let me.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My new lilies. I had planted some last year but they died and I thought that was the end of them. I cut the completely dead stems off at about an inch from the ground. Was thinking about what to do with the pot of dirt sitting there this year. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, green things started popping up unexpectedly. The dead stalks are still sticking out from the ground next to them. They seem to be doing alright. I just took this pick and I liked it, so I thought I'd post it here. I love the way the leaves are spread out in these plants. There's something mathematical about it. It will probably show more clearly once it's grown up more.

IMG_20200409_084901.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just realized that I had not even posted a picture of what the lilies looked like last year, so here you go.

IMG_20190723_173455.jpg

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing any picture.
whoops sorry here it is. I tried to upload but it looks it they did not come through

fBjOcR0

Attachments

• 20190403_211020.jpg
    20190403_211020.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 20180302_074227.jpg
    20180302_074227.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
whoops sorry here it is. I tried to upload but it looks it they did not come through

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/6d8LhKw"><a href="//imgur.com/a/6d8LhKw"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

fBjOcR0
beautiful blues