Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That is an interesting picture. I wonder what it is. Looks like there's some kind of man-like figure engraved on it but the picture appears to be quite low-res. Got a higher resolution one?

Its a little stone pyramid I have. I took it in the dark, lit only by my computer monitor. But, I was able to do it 100% from the phone...cool! Many possibilities. I will take one in full light now.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
iPhunk6 ... but after taking pics with the iphone , I miss the quality of the LG5 . With the LG5 you do not have step back out of the frame to take a pic like you do with the iphone . iPhones have horrible cameras in my experience anyway . But the wild weed's growing on the sidewalk pics with the iphone6 came out not to bad . No zoom , just looking at the touch screen . Zoom degrades the picture immensely with the apple cam .
;)
Opening post updated with Tripler's camera specs.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I kinda like the darker picture better. More mysterious.

But what I meant was is that the total amount of pixels (width and height) appears to be small. When I click on one of my pics here I can scroll a lot from left to right and such but when I click on your pic it doesn't even fill the screen. Do you have the camera set to take low-res pics or did you just not upload the full quality picture?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I kinda like the darker picture better. More mysterious.

But what I meant was is that the total amount of pixels (width and height) appears to be small. When I click on one of my pics here I can scroll a lot from left to right and such but when I click on your pic it doesn't even fill the screen. Do you have the camera set to take low-res pics or did you just not upload the full quality picture?

My phone may have decided for me. Let me check, because when I take them then connect my phone to my computer and open them, they are gigantic (larger than my monitor can handle at full size).

EDIT:

Yep, camera chose 9M instead of 12M, to get the 16:9.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My phone may have decided for me. Let me check, because when I take them then connect my phone to my computer and open them, they are gigantic (larger than my monitor can handle at full size).

EDIT:

Yep, camera chose 9M instead of 12M, to get the 16:9.
But the picture is 4:3.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But the picture is 4:3.
More post processing. Trying again.
15357892524861051323405.jpg

That one 100% from phone, and I inserted the full pic and not the thumbnail like the previous 2.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
More post processing. Trying again.
View attachment 34610

That one 100% from phone, and I inserted the full pic and not the thumbnail like the previous 2.
Ah so you used the thumbnail option, that explains it.

I don't get it. Are you using the same exact phone that you used before? This picture is super grainy whereas the one you posted a while back was quite crisp. They are like worlds apart. What gives?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah so you used the thumbnail option, that explains it.

I don't get it. Are you using the same exact phone that you used before? This picture is super grainy whereas the one you posted a while back was quite crisp. They are like worlds apart. What gives?
It's 1:15am, pics are indoor and under artificial light. Also I'm using the native app. All on my Honor 6 like the other pics.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
We're going to the Belfast zoo today so I'll try to take some pics there. I don't expect much from this zoo though. We'll see.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I found out today that the Belfast zoo kinda sucks in comparison with other zoos I've been to. Didn't really get to see as much as I would have hoped and therefore there were far less good picture opportunities. But this one of a sloth chowing down came out alright I think.

Sloth.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There was a pretty big fire last week in Belfast. An old building burnt down. It had been bombed in the past but had been restored to it's former glory afterwards. Now this is what's left.

IMG_20180902_123627.jpg

IMG_20180902_124206.jpg

IMG_20180902_125337.jpg

It was just receiving an expansion at the back. A project costing about 30 million pounds in itself. The building is owned/used by Primark, a clothing retail chain. Such a shame this.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My pops.

1535956152658264992673.jpg

Still fuzzy...

I come to the site on my phone, then click "Upload File", then choose Camera, then take the picture and hit the checkmark, then it uploads and I insert it. But the quality is not the same as if I take the picture and then transfer to my computer and upload. Interesting.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
There was a pretty big fire last week in Belfast. An old building burnt down. It had been bombed in the past but had been restored to it's former glory afterwards. Now this is what's left.

View attachment 34631

View attachment 34630

View attachment 34629

It was just receiving an expansion at the back. A project costing about 30 million pounds in itself. The building is owned/used by Primark, a clothing retail chain. Such a shame this.
How sad ,,,
:icon_cry:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found out today that the Belfast zoo kinda sucks in comparison with other zoos I've been to. Didn't really get to see as much as I would have hoped and therefore there were far less good picture opportunities. But this one of a sloth chowing down came out alright I think.

View attachment 34623

What is that sloth trying to eat in that nest looking thing? Such a good picture!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is a clock tower in Belfast that for some reason I haven't figured out yet is a thing for people to come see. Maybe it's because there's fuckall else around here. :P Anyway, I was walking home from work and just found the sun light bouncing off the tower nicely and thought it was worth taking a few snaps.

IMG_20180903_170948.jpg

IMG_20180903_171026.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Here's a couple more in the category "life finds a way".

IMG_20180907_071221.jpg

IMG_20180907_071900.jpg

IMG_20180907_072629.jpg

IMG_20180907_073812.jpg