"Good Doggy, Good Doggy!" The Dog Lovers thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think every pit bull owner should just name the dog "kill me"

"Kill Me! Here boy, Kill Me"

just cut to the chase ya know?

I want to ask pitbull owners if there are ANY other legal pets out there which can literally tear you to shreds and then kill you other than pitbulls and pit mixes? Of the few dog breeds which can do it, which ones actually do it? PITBULLS.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yeah the pit defenders just don't get it

any other (mostly) breed when they say "its a dog with a blank slate, it will act as you train it" i would go for in the whole nature vs nurture thing

but pits have been selectively bred for the aggressiveness of the parents to produce successful aggressive offspring

even though, dog fighting has been illegal for awhile -though it still occurs- the breed is irreversibly 'damaged' for the selective breeding habits of ppl decades ago

so, i guess, if one nurtures a pit with love and affection then it may kill you with love and affection :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually a friend of mine had a pit bull. While it would get a bit aggressive with others for me all it (a she) wanted from me all the time was gentle head pets and hugs. She would come up all the time for it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually a friend of mine had a pit bull. While it would get a bit aggressive with others for me all it (a she) wanted from me all the time was gentle head pets and hugs. She would come up all the time for it.

That is the insidious thing about pits. They are naturally aggressive, but they are also loyal and gentle with their pack (or owner family). This is why owners of pits always claim how sweet they are and that they are gentle with children. But the reality is that OTHER small children are in grave danger from any pitbull, and so are OTHER people's pets. Pits will 90% of the time be straining against a leash to get at a poodle or dachshund or chihuahua. Let's not even talk about cats.

The numbers don't lie. Pitbulls are BY FAR the most dangerous dog breed, with a long and consistent history of mauling small animals, children and adults. They have killed more humans than any dog ever kept as a pet. Even more than wolves kept as pets.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
that pic makes them look "mousy" with the ears

here is a better representation of one--not that their ears are not big its just that their profiles give you are better, less mousy perspective

seems that recent dna testing (on mummified remains of dogs in Egyptian tombs) shows that the current pharaoh dogs and the ancient "dogs of pharaohs" have little in common other then they are both descended from the wolf--so pretty broad

doesn't rule out though that ancient Phoenicians took some Egyptian "dogs of the pharaohs" to Malta (it is the national dog of malta) where over time they developed a diff dna profile-but not a diff appearance-from the ancient Egyptian dog

anyhow-a very cool dog. ours wouldn't stay inside;often trying to jump out the closed window.

even in winter she would sit by her house in that classic Egyptian tomb painting stance--great dog.

220px-Pies_faraona_e34.jpg

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Funny article! And a Komodo Dragon would make a great pet! I wonder if they eat pitbulls?
Well yesterday I was out shopping and I noticed that an old couple had left a defenseless poodle dog in the car with the windows up. I got crossed and yelled at them for being a sack of negligent assholes. They eventually listened but jesus christ, I hate it when they leave things in the car that are obviously breathing. The poor thing was going back and forwards inside the car clearly in distress. I was tempted to dob them in the SPCA.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
its a facebook vid-so hopefully the link will work for a little bit

have you ever been with a dog like this in person? A long time ago, a co-worker had a dog that 'talked' like this whenever he took it for a walk

the thing would 'comment' on everyone they passed by on the sidewalk. created a few funny situations with the lady runners

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I don't think you will find a sadder face then my little Pogo shortly after she was attacked by another dog in a dog park when some idiot brought McDonald's food into the dog park . My beagle of course grabbed the empty bag off the picnic table and ran with it for 20 mins or more . She decided to take a look inside the donald bag when another dog decided he wanted the bag and started to bite her pretty hard on the neck . $300 later at the vets .
No more dog parks for her . I have seen way to many violent dogs showing up lately at these parks .
Just so you know , my little pogo is all healed up now and back to herself again thank goodness .

20170816_162158.jpg 20170816_162202.jpg
20170816_162221.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't think you will find a sadder face then my little Pogo shortly after she was attacked by another dog in a dog park when some idiot brought McDonald's food into the dog park . My beagle of course grabbed the empty bag off the picnic table and ran with it for 20 mins or more . She decided to take a look inside the donald bag when another dog decided he wanted the bag and started to bite her pretty hard on the neck . $300 later at the vets .
No more dog parks for her . I have seen way to many violent dogs showing up lately at these parks .
Just so you know , my little pogo is all healed up now and back to herself again thank goodness .

View attachment 33476 View attachment 33477
View attachment 33478

Burning question: What kind of dog attacked her? I am guessing the answer internally, but was it is pitbull? I am glad it wasn't too horrible! Poor thing, glad his daddy was there to help him.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It was a long legged Husky . It's the second long legged Husky to attack Pogo. Her best bud is a Malamute so we were concerned that she would be afraid of her but she is close to 99% being herself again . Pogo only plays with bigger dogs . Where pretty sure her bread is Whippet / Beagle .
Here is a pic with her best friend Comet who weighs over 90 lbs . Pogo is 25 lbs .I may have posted this pic before . Comet is much larger now .20170429_094400.jpg

20170429_094532.jpg

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
A picture of a Whippet . You can see that Pogo has the same exact body build . Just not quite as skinny and as tall.
images.jpg

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

View attachment 33476 View attachment 33477
View attachment 33478

McD's

bringing misery and pain to man and his best friend for decades.....

did she need stitches? i am guessing yes
----------------------------------------------
on the side/ related I watched THE FOUNDER. story about Ray Kroc, the guy who successfully franchised and then basically "legally" stole the company from the McDonald's brothers.

Seeing how he operated and how he became a ruthless human being, made me hate Mcd's even more