"Good Doggy, Good Doggy!" The Dog Lovers thread

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Sith Dog
tmp_1624-20160926_144539_HDR815748902.jpg tmp_1624-20160926_144714_HDR-1940320588.jpg tmp_1624-20160926_144727-1872351883.jpg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I went to visit a gal in my congregation and her dogs loved me - she was surprised- they usually don't like visitors but they were all excited to see me and kept licking my hands. I guess i taste good. i admit I miss having a dog- mr rac is a cat person and doesn't like dogs :( and I have allergies to both (but I love both too) so no pets. but's a pleasure to visit with pets. I will be dog-sitting for this lady while she gets a knee replacement and goes to rehab- basically drop in 2 to 3 times a day- to feed the dogs and let them out and play with them. What is really funny is that she is the same age I am - I can't imagine having a knee replacement - that's for "old people" not someone young like me! right? RIGHT???? well time passages. :P gotta do something while I am "off".

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01: that is for "old folks" I'm still 25! well really 54 but I don't feel old yet. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01::daniel01: that is for "old folks" I'm still 25! well really 54 but I don't feel old yet. ;)

Im 56! But I don't look or feel 56 at all. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

too many 'dog years' in the army

doing crazy PT and 6 mile walk/runs in combat boots and 40 lbs rucksacks kind of wear on you

my hip went (right side) because way back in 1988, i nearly broke my left big toe..it never healed right and i guess i unconsciously favored it. this shifted mmy weight to the right and extra wear on that hip

but the VA and my insurance from the army pays for it all, just had to find a doctor to do it.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I have been walking by a photographer's studio the last few months taking my son to Yoga and he saw Pogo a few times . Today he asked to take some photo's of her . Here they are ...

BEAGLE SHEEPISH RT BW WEB.jpg

BEAGLE RT ONE BW WEB.jpg

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She has "that" look.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
He took quite a few shots . It took a bit of work to get her to sit on the chair . He had a box of cheerios and that seemed to work . Pogo sat for around 15 seconds and then it took me 20 mins to get her back on her leash lol . She is one wired dog when she gets excited but also a hell of a lot of fun . The originals were in color but he switched them to black and white . I really like the B&W photo's.
;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's Pogo and her friend Comet feasting on a stick together .

View attachment 33246

Dogs make friends so much faster and easier than cats do! Most of my neighbors now are small dog owners. The dogs all made friends and they play together and have a great time. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I went to visit a gal in my congregation and her dogs loved me - she was surprised- they usually don't like visitors but they were all excited to see me and kept licking my hands. I guess i taste good. i admit I miss having a dog- mr rac is a cat person and doesn't like dogs :( and I have allergies to both (but I love both too) so no pets. but's a pleasure to visit with pets. I will be dog-sitting for this lady while she gets a knee replacement and goes to rehab- basically drop in 2 to 3 times a day- to feed the dogs and let them out and play with them. What is really funny is that she is the same age I am - I can't imagine having a knee replacement - that's for "old people" not someone young like me! right? RIGHT???? well time passages. :P gotta do something while I am "off".

Wow, I missed the bolded first time! I am now a cat person, but I still love dogs. I don't think I could own one now after discovering what cats are really about, but I still love them a lot and I shower my neighbor's dogs with love like they do for me. :) Cat guys were somewhat rare but now I meet them all the time.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ok, I just can't contain myself!!!

It must be that part of me that still has a deep appreciation for "black comedy" or has I know it "Army humor". that stuff that isn't really funny, but does have that bit of comedy to it that you cannot ignore. Sardonic

This dog was a bad dog--or was he?! "SCARFACE" the pitbull <<oh the originality assholes!!!>>

Few things wrong with this 'picture'

-Owning a pit bull

-dressing a pit bull in a christmas sweater (wtf?)

-failure to understand why a pitbull-or any dog--would not want to be wearing ANY sweater over their fur in Tampa Florida

-and of course, the clincher-STUPID AMERICANS!!!

:SmileyLaughingTears:

"A pitbull terrier injured three members of a family after one of them tried to dress the animal in a sweater.

When owner Brenda Guerrero, 52, tried to pull a sweater on to the dog, named Scarface, it became enraged and attacked, reported the Tampa Bay Times."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/pitbull-te...paign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous&yptr=yahoo

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think every pit bull owner should just name the dog "kill me"

"Kill Me! Here boy, Kill Me"

just cut to the chase ya know?