"Good Doggy, Good Doggy!" The Dog Lovers thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The girl to the right is Comet's owner and she told us that Comet only sings with Pogo and no other dog lol ...
;)

I think Pogo was doing the lead vocals. :) Comet was just a backup singer. :icon_lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Check this out . Comet has a bunch of burs stuck to her fur and Pogo did her best to help pull them out along with Comet . Just amazing how animals react . Both have such an amazing friendship . When they first met Comet was the same size as Pogo but look at them now . Size matters not and there the best of pals yet Pogo has been attacked and bitten by 2 Husky's of similar size and shape but not with the long fur that Comet has as she is a Malamute ...

20171124_085728.jpg
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Check this out . Comet has a bunch of burs stuck to her fur and Pogo did her best to help pull them out along with Comet . Just amazing how animals react . Both have such an amazing friendship . When they first met Comet was the same size as Pogo but look at them now . Size matters not and there the best of pals yet Pogo has been attacked and bitten by 2 Husky's of similar size and shape but not with the long fur that Comet has as she is a Malamute ...

View attachment 33682
;)

Animals DO have emotions, fears and hopes and they desire to communicate with their friends (and enemies). Dogs are particularly easy to read, and they seem to be the most willing to communicate and help their friends when needed, human or otherwise. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

She has your back. :) What kind of tree is that, and did it flower INSIDE the house? I have tried to grow trees in the house and they always die (yes, they are by the window). My latest place only gets direct sunlight through the window in spring and summer. But the place is pretty bright year round. Suggestions?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My dad was a lanscaper most of his life and for some weird reason , I seem to have gotten his green thumb tho I hate gardening , dirt , trees and plant because I am alergic to the stuff but not dirt I think . My wife tried transplanting some stuff and it dies . I do it and they live .
It's an Hibiscus . I leave it outside in the summer and move it to the window inside when the weather gets colder . It seems to flower more at this time of year than any other tho I beleive it can flower on a steady bases . I will be trimming the branches back around 6 inches after xmass . If the plant has too many off shoots , it will stress the plant or starve it for water and sunlight . I think I put a small amount of growth chem in it in the spring . But overall this plant has been amazingly tough from me forgetting to water it or I left it out in the cold this fall . The plant is also almost sitting on the heat register so its being fooled into thinking its in Hawaii again because of that nice warm flowing air when the heat comes on . I keep my house cool tho in the winter .68f during the day if I am home otherwise the house is 60f and 60f at night for sleeping .
;)
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/how-to-care-for-hibiscus-plants.htm
That's strange that your plants die . Your in sunny California .
Huummm . Are your cats by any chance pooping,peeing in the flower pots or eating the budds ? That's my first thought.
A dogs piss will melt aluminum as I saw that lots being in the airconditioning busssiness . Not sure about cats tho but I know they sure fertilize peoples gardens around here lots .
I cant grow tulips here because the squirrels steal them all and eat them . There quite tasty actually so I can see why they eat them .
I am gonna send you a book so pm your address and maybe it will get to you by xmass if you have been good all year ...
;)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My dad was a lanscaper most of his life and for some weird reason , I seem to have gotten his green thumb tho I hate gardening , dirt , trees and plant because I am alergic to the stuff but not dirt I think . My wife tried transplanting some stuff and it dies . I do it and they live .
It's an Hibiscus . I leave it outside in the summer and move it to the window inside when the weather gets colder . It seems to flower more at this time of year than any other tho I beleive it can flower on a steady bases . I will be trimming the branches back around 6 inches after xmass . If the plant has too many off shoots , it will stress the plant or starve it for water and sunlight . I think I put a small amount of growth chem in it in the spring . But overall this plant has been amazingly tough from me forgetting to water it or I left it out in the cold this fall . The plant is also almost sitting on the heat register so its being fooled into thinking its in Hawaii again because of that nice warm flowing air when the heat comes on . I keep my house cool tho in the winter .68f during the day if I am home otherwise the house is 60f and 60f at night for sleeping .
;)
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/how-to-care-for-hibiscus-plants.htm
That's strange that your plants die . Your in sunny California .
Huummm . Are your cats by any chance pooping,peeing in the flower pots or eating the budds ? That's my first thought.
A dogs piss will melt aluminum as I saw that lots being in the airconditioning busssiness . Not sure about cats tho but I know they sure fertilize peoples gardens around here lots .
I cant grow tulips here because the squirrels steal them all and eat them . There quite tasty actually so I can see why they eat them .
I am gonna send you a book so pm your address and maybe it will get to you by xmass if you have been good all year ...
;)

Interesting, a potted hibiscus! I should have recognized it. :) I actually have somewhat of a green thumb myself. My plants don't die, but my trees always do. I want to grow a potted tree like a ficus, or a lemon tree. But they seem to always fail at some point, while all my other plants thrive.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Merry Xmass from Pogo and Mugen ... They actually almost get along now . Mugen is here for Xmass . My Daughter has new meds for her allergies so when she moves back home , Mugen will hopefully be coming here to live with Pogo ...
20171225_114205.jpg

20171225_113740.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Merry Xmass from Pogo and Mugen ... They actually almost get along now . Mugen is here for Xmass . My Daughter has new meds for her allergies so when she moves back home , Mugen will hopefully be coming here to live with Pogo ...
View attachment 33751

View attachment 33752

They look similar in markings, and that is just too cool! Merry Christmas to you too bro, and thank your furry family members for me! I hope Mugen is now in her forever home. If you keep them together, they WILL eventually get along, and they will play with each other too. :)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Horrid News. My baby puppy has been diagnosed with cancer. Her blood work is too far gone for any form of treatment and it is only a matter of weeks before we have to make plans to put her down. She is only a puppy to me, around 8 now, but it breaks my heart to think of her loss. Her tummy is riddled with tumors and the vet has said that she does not have much time left.

She was and at this point is, an absolutely beautiful dog. Inside and out, she shines. Purebred Siberian Husky that has heart of a puppy to this day. She will be so missed. She taught me that Huskies really don't bark, they howl. She only howled when she saw a form of prey or a threat. If you have a few acres, then get a Husky, they are amazing dogs. I would never want one in an small space because they have so much energy that they can become destructive. She was given her running space and so, she was nothing but a lovable ball of fur when she came in.

I won't be posting much more about it, it is simply too painful.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Horrid News. My baby puppy has been diagnosed with cancer. Her blood work is too far gone for any form of treatment and it is only a matter of weeks before we have to make plans to put her down. She is only a puppy to me, around 8 now, but it breaks my heart to think of her loss. Her tummy is riddled with tumors and the vet has said that she does not have much time left.

She was and at this point is, an absolutely beautiful dog. Inside and out, she shines. Purebred Siberian Husky that has heart of a puppy to this day. She will be so missed. She taught me that Huskies really don't bark, they howl. She only howled when she saw a form of prey or a threat. If you have a few acres, then get a Husky, they are amazing dogs. I would never want one in an small space because they have so much energy that they can become destructive. She was given her running space and so, she was nothing but a lovable ball of fur when she came in.

I won't be posting much more about it, it is simply too painful.

I am so sorry. The process of saying goodbye and the powerlessness you feel when you have done everything you can do is something that comes with having the privilege of having a loving furry companion. You have many years of beautiful memories to cherish.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I knew Pogo and Mugen were going to become friends! Cats always make that relationship work. I am going to assume that Mugen has taken the Captain position (cats always take charge of their dogs), and the two most likely are getting along just fine. I am so glad you kept Mugen! Such a nice cat. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:) Even when I was little, I never quite understood why cartoons always seemed to show dogs chasing cats, and cats running up into trees, terrified. In real life, anywhere I saw a cat and a dog together, they were always friends. If you watch them closely, you can see that the cat is usually in charge because cats understand the pack behavior of dogs and they imitate the alpha behavior and the dogs respect them.

What about Comet?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Weather has been to cold here for Pogo and Comet to goof around . Comet wants to eat Mugen also lol . Your right . Mugen now has a pet dog , were as I thought perhaps Pogo had her pet cat she always wanted .

Pogo probably likes being a pet dog, even for a cat!

I have two new neighbors, and they have two cats and two little dogs. It's a small apartment building (12 units) with a large enclosed pet-friendly courtyard, and the upper walkway where I live. They are a couple of doors away and we both leave our doors open during the day so the critters can go out. Well, Siete is now regularly going over there and their two little dogs have made friends with him as well as the two cats.