"Good Doggy, Good Doggy!" The Dog Lovers thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, she is a Border Collie and they are VERY smart....

Actually, she was a rescue as a little puppy from an abuse situation and the thinking is the damage happened then.

They are SCARY smart. My favorite dog breed. :)

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Today on this day which is the fear of many a dog out there (FIREWORKS!), I am thinking and missing my sweet doggy. I hope everybody takes care to give extra huggins to your doggies when the big bangs go off!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Today on this day which is the fear of many a dog out there (FIREWORKS!), I am thinking and missing my sweet doggy. I hope everybody takes care to give extra huggins to your doggies when the big bangs go off!

Considering that so many cities have now banned fireworks, it is becoming less of an issue. Statistics show that more dogs and other pets turn up as lost at shelters on July 5th and New Year's Day than any other days. California has just about banned fireworks in the major cities.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
For some reason my crazy dog does not mind fireworks or thunderstorms or walking in the rain . She does not like the snow tho were as my Husky/Lab Kelly loved the snow and I spent hours and hours outside in the winter time with her ...

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For some reason my crazy dog does not mind fireworks or thunderstorms or walking in the rain . She does not like the snow tho were as my Husky/Lab Kelly loved the snow and I spent hours and hours outside in the winter time with her ...

;) ;) ;)

This is just the proof that animals are just as individual and unique as humans. They have their favorite things, their own personalities and different likes and dislikes. I find myself laughing on veterinary websites which make these long drawn out articles about "canine behavior" and "feline traits". They seem very disconnected with the actual individual animals, and think they know how all of them behave. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not very subtle is she? :)