Falling Skies Discussion Thread *spoilers*

S

Stonelesscutter

Well look at you catching me in a moment of hyperbole. My my my, aren't we full of ourselves now? I can just see all your friends down at the hash cafe giving you high fives for catching this one. :roll:

I think you know my point was valid though. The "cutesy cutesy kid" thing is a Spielberg trademark.

BTW, your comment got me thinking about that Seinfeld episode where Jerry makes out during Shindler's List. That show was so whacked at times. :icon_lol:

ETA: And yes, I'm sure there was a "cutesy cutesy kid" scene in Shindler's List, it just probably got cut in editing. :P

I know there was this little girl with the red clothes while everything else was grey. I don't remember if she was a cutiepie though.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
drifting dangerously close.....

ok watched last night's ep. still very slow. but I think I am right about the harnesses
there was this scene where a skitter seemed to be "nesting" on the harnessed kids-- caressing the thing on their backs...the kids are being turned into skitters!
but the ep was a little too dramatic for me...and why in hell was there tons of medicines and other equipment just sitting around in the hospital? why didn't it get looted by the rebels a long time ago???:icon_e_surprised: not quite soapfi...but drifting closer......

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ok watched last night's ep. still very slow. but I think I am right about the harnesses
there was this scene where a skitter seemed to be "nesting" in the harnessed kids-- caressing the thing on their backs...the kids are being turned into skitters!
but the ep was a little too dramatic for me...and why in hell was there tons of medicines and other equipment just sitting around in the hospital? why didn't it get looted by the rebels a long time ago???:icon_e_surprised: not quite soapfi...but drifting closer......

Yup, the hospital would have been looted on day 1 of the invasion. Same with grocery stores and pharmacies. Sure there's the off chance that this hospital was missed due to the speed of the invasion but how are we to know because we never saw the invasion! Plus the odds of a hospital being missed during looting is almost zero to none.

That said, I actually didn't mind this episode so much. It was a bit too maudlin and borderline melodramatic in parts but over all it wasn't horrible.

ETA: Oh how weird, my spoiler didn't work. Hmm...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
duuh just noticed mine didn't either...a glitch I guess. :P

edit- to get the spoiler tags to work on my post I had to enable scripted windows ....you might try that. :)

G

Graybrew1

I was happy that they were going to be able to stop talking about saving "Ben". Please God, please. Save Ben, or kill the little rat Bastar$. Now, they have a frakin pregnant woman that we get to watch her listen to the heartbeat. :facepalm:The Skitter is sleeping on top the kids and fondling their heads. :facepalm:WTF.
They hang out at the school like it's summer camp. I have more unanswered questions about the SCIFI of the show than ever before. :facepalm:

This show sucks. It is now starting to feel soapy to me. :puke:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hey, for the first time on the show one of the women actually got dirty - of course just a few minutes later she was all neatly coiffed again...:biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey, for the first time on the show one of the women actually got dirty - of course just a few minutes later she was all neatly coiffed again...:biggrin:

Its maaaaagic! Im downloading it now. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH DEAR GOD...this show is really going bad now. I just watched episodes 4 and 5 back to back, and its clear where things are going now. The stories all take place at a San Fernando high school out here in the Valley (Southern California), and there are now blatant religious displays (ONLY Christianity, and Catholicism specifically). There are candles and shrines and children laughing and running through the halls, whilst the womenfolk organize a freakin BABY SHOWER? Where have we seen this before? A BABY SHOWER? REALLY? Those kids running around, arent they the prime human targets for skitters and dont they make noise and dont the skitters know there are at least 200 humans holed up at that high school?

THIS IS STUPID!

I have to wonder what sort of show this is going to turn out to be if it is clearly a sci-drama leaning towards the soap aisle. I found the sudden outburst by Moon's character surprising and poignant, as did I like the privately sensitive moments of the Military leader dude (cant think of names anymore). I dont like the waste of time and introduction of pure soap like that baby shower, and I didnt like the candles and the shrine set up. Candles = living people = targets = YAWN. Am I supposed to turn half my brain off, or take a handful of some prescription drug I cant pronounce but can be found at a therapist's office before I watch this show?

Bright spots, were Moon reaching into the skitters mouth and killing it after stunning it first. The look on the older son's face whilst he watch was CLASSIC...like "Wha?" Good scene. But both in episodes 4 and 5, we get treated to lame music montages and pretty scenes and tinkling piano at the end...very artsy, very illogical and takes away from the overall enjoyment. This show is still not doing it for me. :(

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
OH DEAR GOD...this show is really going bad now. I just watched episodes 4 and 5 back to back, and its clear where things are going now. The stories all take place at a San Fernando high school out here in the Valley (Southern California), and there are now blatant religious displays (ONLY Christianity, and Catholicism specifically). There are candles and shrines and children laughing and running through the halls, whilst the womenfolk organize a freakin BABY SHOWER? Where have we seen this before? A BABY SHOWER? REALLY? Those kids running around, arent they the prime human targets for skitters and dont they make noise and dont the skitters know there are at least 200 humans holed up at that high school?

THIS IS STUPID!

I have to wonder what sort of show this is going to turn out to be if it is clearly a sci-drama leaning towards the soap aisle. I found the sudden outburst by Moon's character surprising and poignant, as did I like the privately sensitive moments of the Military leader dude (cant think of names anymore). I dont like the waste of time and introduction of pure soap like that baby shower, and I didnt like the candles and the shrine set up. Candles = living people = targets = YAWN. Am I supposed to turn half my brain off, or take a handful of some prescription drug I cant pronounce but can be found at a therapist's office before I watch this show?

Bright spots, were Moon reaching into the skitters mouth and killing it after stunning it first. The look on the older son's face whilst he watch was CLASSIC...like "Wha?" Good scene. But both in episodes 4 and 5, we get treated to lame music montages and pretty scenes and tinkling piano at the end...very artsy, very illogical and takes away from the overall enjoyment. This show is still not doing it for me. :(

I think you're supposed to fire up some of that stuff you had for last night's ST-09 rewatch to truly enjoy this program.

:D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
FYI the school they are using may be in CA but the show is set in Massachusetts. Other than that yes, the show is basically treacle.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think you're supposed to fire up some of that stuff you had for last night's ST-09 rewatch to truly enjoy this program.

:D

DID IT! It didnt help. Instead of "This show sucks", it was just more like "Um...like, this show...its just...it blows". :icon_razz:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
FYI the school they are using may be in CA but the show is set in Massachusetts. Other than that yes, the show is basically treacle.

How was the skitter (or the black kid) left alone at ANY time whilst still not 100% secured? How did the doctor dude who got killed by the skitter get in there alone with it? Funny, Moon's character (cant think of her name, and that isnt good), she was never alone with the thing. Where are the sentries for this "camp high school"? They have time to do baby showers and have kids running around, and the skitters and mechs are clueless? Just OMG! I bet this show is popular in the lobotomy ward.

B

Backstep

I gave up on FS last week after the father melodramatically ran to his son screaming nooooooo, I need to rip off this harness before you disclose any info on or about the aliens. I don't find that there are to many characters, there are useless characters who serve no practical purpose that take up screen time, Lourdes character is a prime example, she is a medic who is never in the medical ward, what is her purpose?
I could go on and on, FS is soap-fi IMO and I am done.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
*spoilers*

Seriously?
They don't kill the traitors who were giving kids to the skitters??? This show is full of so much FAIL that to say it sucks would be a kindness. I feel violated from having watched an entire episode of this crap. Seriously, I feel violated. I should call the rape crisis hotline and see if I can have Spielberg brought up on charges. What a horrible show, absolutely horrible.

SciphonicStranger

They don't kill the traitors who were giving kids to the skitters??? This show is full of so much FAIL that to say it sucks would be a kindness. I feel violated from having watched an entire episode of this crap. Seriously, I feel violated. I should call the rape crisis hotline and see if I can have Spielberg brought up on charges. What a horrible show, absolutely horrible.

I think they already did that on South Park a few years ago. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just downloaded this...Im getting ready to watch.

I just downloaded Episode 7, and Im going to give it a watch. Ill be back here when its over. :)

SciphonicStranger

I just downloaded Episode 7, and Im going to give it a watch. Ill be back here when its over. :)

There are some great "facepalm" images and icons on the Batman & Robin thread in case you need them. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There are some great "facepalm" images and icons on the Batman & Robin thread in case you need them. ;)

Thank you my friend! I will most likely need them....pushing play in 3 minutes. :)