Falling Skies Discussion Thread *spoilers*

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
LOL...is it time for a magical restocking house like the survival kits for SGU? You know, like show scenes of the shelves being cleaned out by passing survivors, but the next group that comes along will find them restocked and organized by brand and variety. :roll: Oh, and the Battleship board will be reset and new cereal will be in that box for them to munch on while the women pack their bags. Did they really let Ben go out alone? Sure he gets to save the day, but isnt he still a potential threat? Why dont the skitters have the same effect on Ben as they did the black kid?

I'm sure we'll find out -- if we bother to watch. Right now I'm not that interested even though there are only 2 MORE EPISODES!!! :roll: The only thing that this series has going for it is the short short short 10 episode season. That's how they'll be able to claim they had several successful seasons before it gets canned. Talk about fraudulent.

S

Stonelesscutter

Well looking on the brightside, at least this ep was better than last weeks ep. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure we'll find out -- if we bother to watch. Right now I'm not that interested even though there are only 2 MORE EPISODES!!! :roll: The only thing that this series has going for it is the short short short 10 episode season. That's how they'll be able to claim they had several successful seasons before it gets canned. Talk about fraudulent.

Okay, done.

massivefacepalm.gif

This show totally blows. I get it that the black kid is still possessed by the skitters, and his consciousness is probably no longer human. But it makes no sense. Why are these aliens here? Are they replenishing their race? I want to know more about them. Im done with the traitor soldiers, baby showers, prayers, soccer games, cooking lessons and Battleship. Can we just get a LITTLE of the aliens? Perhaps scenes of the interior of one of those motherships without dialogue? Perhaps a glimpse of one of those ships that fly overhead (except over the human camps) :roll:

You are right, they will come out with press releases:

TNT's new smash hit Falling Skies proves popular with audiences and promises another thrilling season!

worf.gif

S

Stonelesscutter

Okay, done.

View attachment 4969

This show totally blows. I get it that the black kid is still possessed by the skitters, and his consciousness is probably no longer human. But it makes no sense. Why are these aliens here? Are they replenishing their race? I want to know more about them. Im done with the traitor soldiers, baby showers, prayers, soccer games, cooking lessons and Battleship. Can we just get a LITTLE of the aliens? Perhaps scenes of the interior of one of those motherships without dialogue? Perhaps a glimpse of one of those ships that fly overhead (except over the human camps) :roll:

You are right, they will come out with press releases:

TNT's new smash hit Falling Skies proves popular with audiences and promises another thrilling season!

View attachment 4970

Didn't you see the glimpse at the end about there only being two episodes left and that answers were coming?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Didn't you see the glimpse at the end about there only being two episodes left and that answers were coming?

Yes, but Im not exactly salivating for the next episode. Big wow...the kids are being turned into skitters. WHY?

S

Stonelesscutter

Yes, but Im not exactly salivating for the next episode. Big wow...the kids are being turned into skitters. WHY?

Perhaps that shall be answered. ;)
It also seemed as if they were gonna show more of how it all began.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's probably both.
In any case there's only two more episodes left.
We should be able to endure those.
Even Ape. :D

Lets do a mini-watch for the next episode! :joy:

B

Backstep

Lets do a mini-watch for the next episode! :joy:

I am a couple episodes behind, do i need to watch the ep's i misses or is the plot still nonexistent? By the sheer amount of :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:'s in your posts of this ep, will it be worth the nausea to watch the next ep?

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
I have to give you guys massive props for still watching this. I've seen the Falling Skies threads pretty much fall off into near non-existence and I dropped the show after the episode where they capture the skitter. At least SGU had the ship and Robert Carlyle to keep me interested in it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

They should have been giving us "answers" all along, not just crammed into the final episode or two. I mean, it's stupid to have an entire "season" of humans running around the suburbs and having lots of in-fighting with the bad guy but keeping the aliens marginalized.

There would be tons more interest and sympathy/empathy for the characters had they shown more of the alien menace (replete with initial invasion scene) in every episode. I don't need to see "Tom" or "Joe" or "Randy" or whoever ride around endlessly on some crappy 2-cycle dirt bike while the aliens are merely a conversation piece.

We're being played here. It's fraudulent to say that 10 episodes is now considered a season. It's a half-season at best. But using this method the producers can claim success. :roll: Lame.

G

Graybrew1

I think after the soap fi filled ep of the birth of baby, I am just torturing myself by watching this dribble. I still like the actor that plays Pope and keep trying to give it another chance. I must like torturing myself.:P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

And of course that also raises the question of the logic behind the aliens virtually wiping out humanity if the need human kids to make into skitters...

S

Stonelesscutter

And of course that also raises the question of the logic behind the aliens virtually wiping out humanity if the need human kids to make into skitters...

And if that is the case, how did they "do it" before they came to earth. :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
YAAAAWN

Well I predicted the part about kids being turned into skitters in the FIRST EPISODE!!!!!! so much for "twists" and surprises! :P it's moving too slow and heading into soap fi territory! I still haven't seen sunday's ep...will probably watch it this afternoon ...if I get bored. It's getting a bit too predictable and not interesting enough. if the final two eps are good, I might give the so-called season 2 a shot..but maybe there will be something else to watch... a new bugs bunny cartoon maybe?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Watched sunday's ep.... I agree with whomever said in reality the kids would be looting that house- or it would have been looted/trashed already. Also no one checked for cars/other vehicles in the closed garages all along that street. i would have found a couple of pickup trucks and gathered what i could from that neighborhood. I also think the 2nd Mass should have burned down the sanctuary. just to prevent the traitors from dealing with the skitters in that area. They killed a few of the bad guys...but they really should have lined them all up against the wall and shot them IMHO. once a turncoat always a turncoat! the area looks convincingly like the boston 'burbs...very wooded and well off. :)

as a question: the black kid rick...is that the infamous sg1/sgu black wig? :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I only saw the last 20 minutes of last nights episode. It was easy to piece together what was happening. The downside was that I had to sit thru some stupid "I can't go on!" drama with the military guy. It wasn't horrible, but I'm just a bit tired of all the hand wringing and all that. The action was okay from what I saw.

Not loving the show but at least they're keeping the momentum going for the most part. I suspect the season finale will be fraught with questions and few answers which will be irritating because there's still so many questions they haven't addressed yet.