Falling Skies Discussion Thread *spoilers*

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You mean Gatefan is gonna write a review?
Man that'd be AWESOME!!
:P

Yes, he is, and I think it's great! Can't wait to read his take on the show. :beckettu:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wont watch it live (because I cant :)) but I want to see if GF76 sees what we are seeing in advance. I could be wrong but I think it will be a dramafest. What will be the "special twist" I wonder? An alien who is a rebel and helps the humans? Perhaps a special human who can "sense" the intentions of the aliens, or perhaps a captured human who somehow speaks their language? LOL. Maybe "other fans" will open up a new site called www.fallingskiessucks.com or something. :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
It is not my forte, but I bet you could do a good job Mr. A. :biggrin:
It IS your forte, specially when you are passionate :)

But sorry, someone else had already volunteered - we'll see if that person is still willing. I was just surprised that SA and OM fell for Stoneless' silly remark, if indeed that was the case.

G

Graybrew1

It IS your forte, specially when you are passionate :)

But sorry, someone else had already volunteered - we'll see if that person is still willing. I was just surprised that SA and OM fell for Stoneless' silly remark, if indeed that was the case.

I don't think there was any malice involved by anybody, I call GF....well Duh, GF so much it would make sense to me too.

Without a talented bud to proofread for me, like I had last time....I would stink at it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Can this thing be any slower paced? Half an hour in and my attention is wandering.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, decent fight in a warehouse. But still nothing compelling about it.

Too many characters and too many plotlines.

G

Graybrew1

It does have the Colin Cunningham that played Major Paul Davis in it from SG1 , he looks totally different with the long hair and kick butt criminal attitude.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Falling Skies = Stargate Universe in a different dress and at a different party? I bet it is. Too many characters, too many plotlines...next is the gratuitous sex scene and the magical deus ex machina. What about the aliens?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It does have the Colin Cunningham that played Major Paul Davis in it from SG1 , he looks totally different with the long hair and kick butt criminal attitude.

Okay, 15 minutes now talking, washing pots and eating in a camp. Up to 12 characters with significant speaking time (I Think).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Funny thing I just noticed. All the guys look a bit grungy and all the women are pretty neatly styled.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Funny thing I just noticed. All the guys look a bit grungy and all the women are pretty neatly styled.

That is sort of SGU-ish also isn't it?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

That is easy to explain. All the women in Falling Skies have a copy of this:

ClhloeMag.jpg