Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm doing the "One Mind" grandma revolt but have been avoiding clicking the red cookies when they pop up. The one time I clicked a red one it slowed my CPS by half for several minutes. Is there any benefit for clicking the red cookies? :daniel_new004:
Sometimes they're bad and sometimes they're good. But when you get an elder frenzy it's really goid.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
AARRGH!!!!!!!!! I accidentally clicked another red cookie. It halved my CPS for several minutes. :icon_mad:
When that happened to me I cheated. I did not know how to make the Grandma stop the revolt then. But cheating is no fun! Just expedient

When that happened to me I cheated. I did not know how to make the Grandma stop the revolt then. But cheating is no fun! Just expedient

Right now I'm just letting the wrinklers feast on the big cookie until they're worth a lot. That's how I buy upgrades at this point. It's kind of boring though because there are few golden cookies to click and all I can do is basically wait for the wrinklers to get fat so to speak.

I haven't done the Elder Pact yet and it warns that it's not a good idea. But I think I have to do it to get through the Grandma revolt, don't I? At any rate, it's like 256 quadrillion to purchase, which is a lot of cookies. I'm going to get the "Lucky cookie" upgrade instead when I reach that amount as it doubles the chancemaker production.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Right now I'm just letting the wrinklers feast on the big cookie until they're worth a lot. That's how I buy upgrades at this point. It's kind of boring though because there are few golden cookies to click and all I can do is basically wait for the wrinklers to get fat so to speak.

I haven't done the Elder Pact yet and it warns that it's not a good idea. But I think I have to do it to get through the Grandma revolt, don't I? At any rate, it's like 256 quadrillion to purchase, which is a lot of cookies. I'm going to get the "Lucky cookie" upgrade instead when I reach that amount as it doubles the chancemaker production.

You can come in and out of the thing when you want (once you've gotten out of it the first time) but there is a cost which at first is tiny but gets higher the more often you do it. I used to let wrinklers feast on the big cookie when I wasn't actively playing, for example over night. Then in the morning I'd pop 'em and buy some stuff and then let the wrinklers do their thing when I was at work or whatever. Then come home and do the same thing. They really do help add to your cookie count.

What is this "lucky cookie" upgrade you're speaking off?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

You can only stop the Grandmacalypse with the Elders Pact. But once you have it you can revoke it and enact it at will.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's the upgrade for the "Chancemaker" building. It basically doubles production. The Chancemakers are expensive to buy so I've only got 4 so far. And the upgrade used up most of my cookies from letting the wrinklers feast overnight.

Chancemakers have a variable cookie production rate when you have certain upgrades. A handful of them can account for more than 60% of production!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The wrinklers do have another function when Halloween season comes around.

I went over a quintillion for the first time but then spent it on another grandma upgrade and chancemaker upgrade. I'm back down to 260 quadrillion. All the Golden cookies are red now so I'm not popping them. I just have to wait for the wrinklers to feed, which is kinda boring, but if I let them go like overnight they will be worth a HUGE amount.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I went over a quintillion for the first time but then spent it on another grandma upgrade and chancemaker upgrade. I'm back down to 260 quadrillion. All the Golden cookies are red now so I'm not popping them. I just have to wait for the wrinklers to feed, which is kinda boring, but if I let them go like overnight they will be worth a HUGE amount.
After a while, the Elder's Pact upgrade will be discovered, and you can stop the Grandmacalypse and the wrinklers and red cookies will go away forever. However, you can revoke the Pact and do it again if you want.

After a while, the Elder's Pact upgrade will be discovered, and you can stop the Grandmacalypse and the wrinklers and red cookies will go away forever. However, you can revoke the Pact and do it again if you want.

Well I'm kind of liking the wrinklers so I don't know that I want to end it so soon. If I leave the alone for a day they rack up massive amounts of cookies. And this way I don't have to spend all that time clicking Golden cookies. I can just let the wrinklers do their thing, lol.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Don't overlook the fact that there are achievements to be gained from popping wrinklers as well.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So any of you still clicking those cookies? I'm still going at it. Haven't been doing it much this past week and a half though.