Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah got busy and haven't looked at it in forever. Guess I got bored after awhile. It's fun when things are moving fast but then you reach a certain level and it seems to slow down if that makes sense. Plus I got tired of clicking lol.

Yeah I'm at a stage now where progress is real slow for me. Starting to think about clicking that big cookie now. Also thinking about ascending for the first time, but I have to consider some things further first. Have window cleaning to do at the moment so it'll have to wait.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah got busy and haven't looked at it in forever. Guess I got bored after awhile. It's fun when things are moving fast but then you reach a certain level and it seems to slow down if that makes sense. Plus I got tired of clicking lol.

If you bought certain upgrades, then even though the browser and game are closed, you are still generating cookies.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
A few days ago I started using all the sugar lumps I'd built up to level up some buildings. I spent most of them on leveling up my chancemakers, which are now level 7. I wish I had however not done so. I used the little lumps I had left to take my farms, temples and wizard towers to level 1, because I read that would unlock mini games. The farming mini game is kinda fun but it would have been far better to level up my farms to level 7 for now instead of the chancemakers. Farming begins with only 4 plots (I think, but maybe it was less) and leveling up increases that. Having more farming plots is of course beneficial. You can have more plants of course if you have more plots, but to begin with it is important to get more varied types of seeds by crossbreeding. Each type of plant has its own effects. Some increase the cookies per second. Some increase the rate at which golden cookies appear or how long they last. And there are other effects. So far I've only unlocked 7 seeds, including the very first one which you start with, so basically only 6, but there are many more. I have my farms on level 2 at the moment which gives me 6 plots. Tomorrow I should be able to level up to level 3 and I'm hoping that'll get me to 9 plots. Eventually I hope to be able to use these farm plots to get 4 golden cookies simultaneously. It should be possible somehow because there's apparently an achievement for that.

Still haven't clicked on the big cookie so far. I said initially that I wouldn't until I had at least achieved the Black Cat's Paw and I think I will at least stick to that. This mini game is keeping me occupied so the bit of a "dry spell" on the cookies front isn't bothering me.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've just discovered a way to fairly quickly increase my cookies, well compared to the normal rate. Once you level up the Wizard towers, you get to cast spells. I ignored those at first. But there's this spell called Conjure Baked Goods. It has a 85% chance of summoning half an hour worth of CPS, but it's capped at 15% of the cookies in bank. There's also a 15% chance of getting a clot which would cause you to lose 15 minutes worth of CPS. However, if you cast the Diminish Ineptitude spell first (and that one doesn't backfire) the chance of success of the baked goods spell goes up to 98% and the chance of the clot goes down to 2%. Now here's the kicker. If you have a frenzy going on (CPS times 7) this also influences the baked goods. Now if you have a frenzy going on combined with another golden cookie effect such as High Five (Cursors much more effective for a limited time) this also multiplies the effect of the spell. So I just had about 225 quintillion cookies in my bank while having the frenzy and some other thing going on and I cast these spells in this order and instantly gained about 35 quintillion cookies. Nice!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is what my stats look like now by the way. Apparently been playing for 40 days. I've gotten much further than I had expected to do within this time frame actually.

cookies.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've just discovered a way to fairly quickly increase my cookies, well compared to the normal rate. Once you level up the Wizard towers, you get to cast spells. I ignored those at first. But there's this spell called Conjure Baked Goods. It has a 85% chance of summoning half an hour worth of CPS, but it's capped at 15% of the cookies in bank. There's also a 15% chance of getting a clot which would cause you to lose 15 minutes worth of CPS. However, if you cast the Diminish Ineptitude spell first (and that one doesn't backfire) the chance of success of the baked goods spell goes up to 98% and the chance of the clot goes down to 2%. Now here's the kicker. If you have a frenzy going on (CPS times 7) this also influences the baked goods. Now if you have a frenzy going on combined with another golden cookie effect such as High Five (Cursors much more effective for a limited time) this also multiplies the effect of the spell. So I just had about 225 quintillion cookies in my bank while having the frenzy and some other thing going on and I cast these spells in this order and instantly gained about 35 quintillion cookies. Nice!

I got 63+ quintillion cookies from a frenzy + high five combo when casting the conjure baked goods spell. :D

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I got 63+ quintillion cookies from a frenzy + high five combo when casting the conjure baked goods spell. :D

Now 71 quintillion, while I have only 200 temples versus 300 cursors. It's because of the amount in bank. I went from under 200 quintillion to 564 quintillion so far this evening. Finally feel like I'm making progress again. I'm going for those Kitten Managers! (only 900 quintillion) Or perhaps I'll hold out for the four-leaf clover field upgrade at 1.3 sextillion. (doubling the effect of my chancemakers)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Evidently, you can collect special seeds for the farms too. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes. But what do you mean by "special" seeds? So far I have these.

View attachment 34218
I have only ONE type of seed (wheat). I don't know how to get the others. I have the full grid available (16) after going up to Lvl 5, using clay soil.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have only ONE type of seed (wheat). I don't know how to get the others. I have the full grid available (16) after going up to Lvl 5, using clay soil.
4 by 4 is not the full grid. I believe that'd be 6 by 6 which is unlocked at level 10.

The best soil to use to get mutations is wood chips. In order to get access to wood chips, you need to have purchased 300 farms. Note that you don't need to have 300 farms, you just have to have purchased at least 300 in total. This means that in theory you could buy one farm, sell it, buy one again, sell it again, etc. It's more efficient if you do that by the 10 however. Don't sell all your farms and then buy them again, that would be a bad way to do it. I was at 250 farms when I unlocked it. Rather than buying ten extra farms and then selling those, I first sold 10 and bought those back. It's far less expensive that way. Once you have the wood chips you'll quickly be able to get some other seeds easily. But not all of them. There are far more than I currently have and I've been trying to get more but have been unsuccessful. For now I'm just grinding baker's wheat to get my harvesting numbers up. (for an achievement) I think in order to get those other more special seeds it might be best to have the full 6 by 6 grid unlocked. Here's some pages that will be quite helpful in regard to cookie clicker gardening.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/...YfVJae8mj6OK2ame93TZUp8pfhjMsmE5PlZS6DxRq/pub

Edit: I just wanted to post the link but it automatically embedded the Google sheet.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just got a sugar lump from clicking a golden cookie. Don't think I've seen that before. Very rare.