Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
LOL! That's addictive!!! :icon_lol:

It sure is! I used to do it a few years ago. Now I loaded up the link in order to copy paste it for you here. And then I couldn't help myself and just started playing it. And then I left it on all night. And now it's before 6 am and I just got out of bed and I have billions of cookies. It's a strange sort of addiction. Maybe an addiction to getting more and more and to using a bit of strategy to try to get more quicker.

It sure is! I used to do it a few years ago. Now I loaded up the link in order to copy paste it for you here. And then I couldn't help myself and just started playing it. And then I left it on all night. And now it's before 6 am and I just got out of bed and I have billions of cookies. It's a strange sort of addiction. Maybe an addiction to getting more and more and to using a bit of strategy to try to get more quicker.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the reward center of the brain.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah it was funny how quickly I understood how to do it. I started with one grandma and it went exponentially faster from there. :icon_lol:
Yeah, I have 100 grandmas slaving in the kitchen as we speak.
Keep an eye on those golden cookies. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah it was funny how quickly I understood how to do it. I started with one grandma and it went exponentially faster from there. :icon_lol:
Yeah, the furious clicking when the clock counts down is crazy.

Damn, guys! I have been resisting looking into this game, but cookies and grandmas? Now, I have to see what you guys are talking about. I will edit this when I install it. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, the furious clicking when the clock counts down is crazy.
It's a mouse wrecker for sure.

Tip:
Lucky cookies give you a percentage of whatever amount of cookies you have in the bank, so there's this balance you'll want to strike between spending your cookies on upgrades and keeping some in the bank.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, I have 100 grandmas slaving in the kitchen as we speak.
Keep an eye on those golden cookies. ;)

Oh shit that is addicting! I already have fired 10 grandmas so that I could buy more factories. I got the "Just Wrong" Achievement for that! And I just bought my first bank and I can't look away too long or I miss the golden cookies!

cat-using-computer-cat-internet-frantic-typing-laptop-1434718231E.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's a mouse wrecker for sure.

Tip:
Lucky cookies give you a percentage of whatever amount of cookies you have in the bank, so there's this balance you'll want to strike between spending your cookies on upgrades and keeping some in the bank.

I took the automation path, buying multiple factories, then the upgrades to make them more efficient. But when I sold 10 of my 20 Grandmas, I got the "Just Wrong" achievement and that was trippy as hell. :happy0007: The whole game is hypnotizing, with the milk slowly sloshing and the cookies coming down like in The Matrix. Then that damned floating Golden Cookie. Move away from the page, and you miss them! Its very addicting. But fun as hell. I have it running in its own window so it can continue making cookies. You guys are way up in mullions of cookies per second and I am nowhere near that yet.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I took the automation path, buying multiple factories, then the upgrades to make them more efficient. But when I sold 10 of my 20 Grandmas, I got the "Just Wrong" achievement and that was trippy as hell. :happy0007: The whole game is hypnotizing, with the milk slowly sloshing and the cookies coming down like in The Matrix. Then that damned floating Golden Cookie. Move away from the page, and you miss them! Its very addicting. But fun as hell. I have it running in its own window so it can continue making cookies. You guys are way up in mullions of cookies per second and I am nowhere near that yet.
You'll be there before you know it.

Another tip:
I used to have it run in a separate window and made that really small. That way there was basically only one place where the golden cookie could spawn. That one's particularly handy in case of cookie chains. ;)

There are cheats by the way, but I'm not using them.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Aaaah I love the click frenzies. So much better than the regular frenzies.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So how many of the 378 achievements do you guys have so far?