www.defiancesucks.com

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We had a huge influx of spammers. I attempted to ban the bastards, but am unable to access the Admin area to do so. :P

You are definitely in the Admin. I will fix that right now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Fixed. I missed a step. You can get in there now. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Do the gamers get any updates during the show's hiatus?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
didn't post on defiancesucks since no one put up a synop's of ep 12 yet (finale)...So, admittedly I did not watch the whole show, I came in where Datak had just killed the Colonel, with the red haired alien orphan girl and her 'sacrifice' bringing Nolan back to life--why do I get the vibe that it is yet another plot 'lift' from another show(this time BSG)?

I am thinking Starbucks death and 'resurrection' and the whole "I am the harbinger/angel of death" line used by or about both characters.

Just more of the same tired "rinse,wash,repeat"

I did though find it refreshing to see someone from outside Defiance who is well organized and equipped (not riding into town in old Lincoln's say)--and of course they prove to be evil military types--typical

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
From what I can tell the ratings for the season finale actually up-ticked. :daniel_new004: Personally, I just don't get it, I mean, who are all these people tuning into a show that's so unintelligible and, well, boring. It takes less than five minutes viewing time to discern that the writers are trying too hard (in all the wrong places). I just don't get the appeal.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From what I can tell the ratings for the season finale actually up-ticked. :daniel_new004: Personally, I just don't get it, I mean, who are all these people tuning into a show that's so unintelligible and, well, boring. It takes less than five minutes viewing time to discern that the writers are trying too hard (in all the wrong places). I just don't get the appeal.

Some of the guys at work really sorta like this show. :facepalm:. I have watched every episode, and I just cant think of a good one of the bunch. Although, there were "satisfying" moments, and some episodes I would call "adequate" (in a Seven of Nine sort of way). But none of them are "good". IMO.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Some of the guys at work really sorta like this show. :facepalm:. I have watched every episode, and I just cant think of a good one of the bunch. Although, there were "satisfying" moments, and some episodes I would call "adequate" (in a Seven of Nine sort of way). But none of them are "good". IMO.

what are the age demographics for "who likes the show?"

i am guessing the younger--like 35 and below--sex and pew pew crowd

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
what are the age demographics for "who likes the show?"

i am guessing the younger--like 35 and below--sex and pew pew crowd

You know that number I give after the ratings, the 0.6 usually?
That's the 18-24 demo number, so roughly just shy of a third of the audience is in that range. I dunno about other demo's as they don't get reported, BUT scifi TV of any nature tends to swing older and male dominated from what I can gather.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You know that number I give after the ratings, the 0.6 usually?
That's the 18-24 demo number, so roughly just shy of a third of the audience is in that range. I dunno about other demo's as they don't get reported, BUT scifi TV of any nature tends to swing older and male dominated from what I can gather.

Ok thanks

I find it surprising that 2/3rds of the fan base are then "older". I find it strange..vexing--I am most vexed indeed :rolleye0014: :worked_till_5am:

B

Backstep

The up-tick in viewers usually comes from the season ending. The biggest question for me is, why a full year till season 2? TPTB listening to complaints with needed time for fixes in writing?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The up-tick in viewers usually comes from the season ending. The biggest question for me is, why a full year till season 2? TPTB listening to complaints with needed time for fixes in writing?
I would think that's just a TV thing more than anything else dude, 1 season a year has been standard for decades. While that works for *just* a show, that is far FAR too long in the gaming environment that chews games in half a year.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well at least if they are inclined to try to fix the show they have sufficient time to do so.