www.defiancesucks.com

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SGUSucks.com worked because SGU had a built in fanbase that hated the show. Defiance does not has the built-in fanbase, except for the minor game.

Agreed...its just for fun, just like SGUS was. Something fun and free for whomever wants it. It doesnt have to "work" per se, it just needed to exist. :icon10: Play or not, your choice. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am embedding each episode from Syfy Rewind, and you can watch the full episodes to date right from www.defiancesucks.com (courtesy Syfy). There are commercials. But the main advantage is that with this happening, you can have synchronized viewing (within tolerance), and you can open the forums in a different tab or browser window. I think a chat would take away from thread discussion though, since it is not captured for visitors to read later. GREAT idea though! Perhaps a hybrid of that idea might work. Thanks!

Of course I know zero to negative on these tech things, however, is there a way to put just a dialogue box-like a caption of sorts? But then, one would need a way to capture the scene we want to comment or rib on, then type our text.

I agree, a live chat would just derail the rest of the forum I would think.

I am more then happy to offer my nonsensical, pie in the sky, "technical advice" at any time! :SmileyLaughingTears:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Agreed...its just for fun, just like SGUS was. Something fun and free for whomever wants it. It doesnt have to "work" per se, it just needed to exist. :icon10: Play or not, your choice. :)

there is a bit of discontent over at the syfy forums on defiance though. a lot of depressed let downs from that pre-air over hyping and such. check it out (prime recruiting grounds :icon_e_ugeek:):

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2362835&page=1

I have a post there-currently the last one. I made a separate one that said "COME TO ARUBA". At first It said "come to defiancesucks.com"

I reconsidered-not wanting to bring anyone grief so I went back shortly after and edited that out. Some how the "a" in "defiance" was missed by my delete/back arrow erasure, but the "a" retained the hyperlink under it.

It was so damn clever AND I WASN'T EVEN TRYING. All by mistake, a clandestine insertion by misadventure. :sour: :moody:

When I clicked on the "a" it took me to defiancesucks.com. :eek-new: :rolleye0014:

It lasted a couple of days-just checked and MOCKINGBIRD GIRL took it down.

She is still the dutiful one in her role as thought cop. :whip:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of course I know zero to negative on these tech things, however, is there a way to put just a dialogue box-like a caption of sorts? But then, one would need a way to capture the scene we want to comment or rib on, then type our text.

I agree, a live chat would just derail the rest of the forum I would think.

I am more then happy to offer my nonsensical, pie in the sky, "technical advice" at any time! :SmileyLaughingTears:

Yes, that is called an overlay. But I think the issue is not technical, its legal. I think that posting a quick HowTo on how to capture screenshots and use the Snipping Tool. Your suggestions are great! I do not consider them dumb or nonsensical at all. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, that is called an overlay. But I think the issue is not technical, its legal. I think that posting a quick HowTo on how to capture screenshots and use the Snipping Tool. Your suggestions are great! I do not consider them dumb or nonsensical at all. :)

Oh I have always mocked myself on my computing skills or lack of...

that and the crazy way where by mistake and fumbling fingers on my keyboard, I managed to create a sneaky link to defiance sucks on syfy forums. I could not have done it on purpose.

I just tend to self-degrade myself with all of this new fangled computing jazz :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh I have always mocked myself on my computing skills or lack of...

that and the crazy way where by mistake and fumbling fingers on my keyboard, I managed to create a sneaky link to defiance sucks on syfy forums. I could not have done it on purpose.

I just tend to self-degrade myself with all of this new fangled computing jazz :anim_59:

Be it accident or design, I applaud your little bit o' sabotage. :daniel_new_anime021::anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is it in any way unlawful to advert on another site for another site? Or is it just considered bad manners?

Sites can have rules about not promoting other sites, but the most they can do is boot you. More likely they'll just delete the link and that's it. I wouldn't worry about it for one second.

Besides, Mockingbird Girl needs something to do to keep herself busy and give her pathetic life meaning, so in many ways you did her a favor. :winking0052:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sites can have rules about not promoting other sites, but the most they can do is boot you. More likely they'll just delete the link and that's it. I wouldn't worry about it for one second.

Besides, Mockingbird Girl needs something to do to keep herself busy and give her pathetic life meaning, so in many ways you did her a favor. :winking0052:

Is Briangate still over there? I havent been there in ages.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is Briangate still over there? I havent been there in ages.

I don't know for sure but I think he's missing in action these days. I only pop in there on occasion.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't know for sure but I think he's missing in action these days. I only pop in there on occasion.

Maybe Syfy let him go? Its happening a lot over there from what I hear...:(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I want a full rack of ribs, the fall-off-the-bone kind, with a big helping of 'slaw.

Oh, yeah, and Defiance sucks.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I want a full rack of ribs, the fall-off-the-bone kind, with a big helping of 'slaw.

Oh, yeah, and Defiance sucks.

What kind of sauce you want on those ribs? And what kind of slaw -- oil and vinegar or creamy? We have both.

Oh yeah, Defiance sucks the balls of the pig we got these ribs from.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So whats the status on membership over there at defiancesucks? I see some new people but are they real or bots or crawlers or whatever?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So whats the status on membership over there at defiancesucks? I see some new people but are they real or bots or crawlers or whatever?

I did not do any work on it this weekend...I was chillin out. I will check it out. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
We had a huge influx of spammers. I attempted to ban the bastards, but am unable to access the Admin area to do so. :P