www.defiancesucks.com

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saw like 8 copies of the game stacked on the shelf pre-owned at Gamestop today. I assume it's not good...?

You assume correctly. Its not horrible, but it is not great either. They should have just called the game MEH.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You assume correctly. Its not horrible, but it is not great either. They should have just called the game MEH.

My son and I stopped by our local GameStop 2 weeks ago, They had a hand written sign up "we have too many copies of (games I do not remember) and DEFIANCE-we will not be buying any of these for now.

On the shelves they had about 8 copies of used DEFIANCE xbox games and several new ones

the cheapest used one was 3.99--over priced I'd guess.

any way to "record" over Gaming discs with something more useful-like say reruns of STORAGE WARS? :icon_e_surprised:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well at least if they are inclined to try to fix the show they have sufficient time to do so.

A good place for them to start would be by telling us what the hell is going on. :daniel01:

I just rewatched the season finale and I couldn't shake the feeling that everything happening seemed as if it came from a show that was several seasons in already. I simply can't relate to any of the characters because the backstory for that world is still a confusing mess. Why should I care one wit for the alien chick's religion when I don't even know how the hell she came into existence in the first place???

I simply don't understand how people like this crap show, I really don't. And need I mention the poor direction of the season finale? There were bad guys falling before they had even been hit by bullets. The fight scenes were horribly choreographed. Someone should be fired for that. Hell, everyone should be fired for simply being connected with this shit show.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
They should have started this show during the war. The only drawback to that is lazy shit writers wouldn't be able to focus on mundane stuff like incestual family rituals and overused interspecies lesbian melodrama.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They should have started this show during the war. The only drawback to that is lazy shit writers wouldn't be able to focus on mundane stuff like incestual family rituals and overused interspecies lesbian melodrama.

But it was hot lipstick lesbian melodrama! Please don't deprive lonely nerds of their fantasies!!! :moody:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I have some graphics from OMNI which I am going to put on the new site, and I will be doing some construction and mods over there over the next few hours. :) The feelers will go out there too...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Looks like most of the outdoor filming is over for the summer but a neighbour near the site said they are filming until December as they get notices in the mail to warn of explosions or gun fire during shooting . Some buildings have been added and it looks like they used the shuttle bus again . It is loaded with luggage and crap . I also saw a well driller on site . Not sure what that was for but it was there for a week or two . I had a busy summer so I was unable to see any main actors but there trailers were there for 4 to six weeks during the summer . Only one trailer there now . Saw a few people today walking around but the entrance fence was closed . Signs were up for crew though so they must be building the indoor sets now . Wish I could have got in to see the need want bar set though that set may be elsewhere here in the city .

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And so they start work on "Defiance - the season we get cancelled (because our two year guarantee is up)"....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And so they start work on "Defiance - the season we get cancelled (because our two year guarantee is up)"....

I dont see the show going past this season coming up. It just does not have enough going for it to keep going. The ratings are not bad on it, but they could get worse very quickly.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Today's two season guarantee, isn't that the same as yesteryear's one season of 26 episodes?

Yeah, that's pretty much how this scam works although 20 episodes seems to be the upper limit for most of these cable shows, especially SyFy ones. I think it's the new way for them to try and get "resale" value out of shows that tank. This way they can claim that a show was a success because it ran for several "seasons".

As it is there's no way the producers of DEFECATION would have made this show without a guarantee of a multiple-season run. But, as we all know, this new gimmick of conning the viewers doesn't truly work in the long run. *cough* SGU *cough* ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Today's two season guarantee, isn't that the same as yesteryear's one season of 26 episodes?

It is indeed. Now, a "season" is 13 episodes. In the UK its only 6 episodes! I kinda like that, but that means writers need to create cliffhangers to give incentive for the distributing channels to pick it up again for the next "season". I still cant believe they left Surface hanging where they did, or even "V". Miniseries work better for many of these projects, and also give closure. Most scifi novels could be easily made into miniseries and there are SO MANY! Really good ones. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, that's pretty much how this scam works although 20 episodes seems to be the upper limit for most of these cable shows, especially SyFy ones. I think it's the new way for them to try and get "resale" value out of shows that tank. This way they can claim that a show was a success because it ran for several "seasons".

As it is there's no way the producers of DEFECATION would have made this show without a guarantee of a multiple-season run. But, as we all know, this new gimmick of conning the viewers doesn't truly work in the long run. *cough* SGU *cough* ;)
The game is already dead as a doornail.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?94549-This-game-is-DEAD.

Its just....boring. No urge to go in there and play this game with others or even by yourself. Without the excitement on the game side, the show loses any relevance to half it's audience. The show, well that speaks for itself. :facepalm:

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The game is already dead as a doornail.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?94549-This-game-is-DEAD.

Its just....boring. No urge to go in there and play this game with others or even by yourself. Without the excitement on the game side, the show looses any relevance to half it's audience. The show, well that speaks for itself. :facepalm:

OMG, I just had to :icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao: when I read this from the Mod there:

Thorne25
user-offline.png
Super Moderator

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Defiance community. HeyOMEGA, we're closing this thread now but we wish you the very best.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us atcommunity@defiance.com.

Thank you!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here's another thread over at the DEFECATION site. This one is from today. Wanna take bets on how long it lasts there? :icon_lol:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthre...-lack-of-content-Season-pass-a-waste-of-money

-- So Ive returned to play Defiance as I left before due to lack of content and not much worth doing and after all this time theres only been one DLC. ... So far all I can assume is that the money I paid for the Ultimate Edition on Xbox has been a waste. The only things have been the new weapons and the Volge Seiges. But I gotta admit as fun as those are theres only so much you can do before the whole thing becomes pointless, boring and self defeating. I cant see this game continuing on with all the other games that have came out since its release and on top of that November will be even worse with BF4 and CoD Ghosts aswell as the ps4 and xbox one being released.

-- This game still alive?......w0w

-- barely I would say

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Speaking of defiancesucks.com, it seems to have been targeted by advertising spammers. Maybe a mod needs to do a cleanup?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Speaking of defiancesucks.com, it seems to have been targeted by advertising spammers. Maybe a mod needs to do a cleanup?

I thought you were a mod over there? :daniel_new004: