Star Trek: Picard

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and hey, they did have starfleet ships after all.... like SW's ep 9 overkill screen shot of ships

looked a lot like the enterprise e type of ship

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You were indeed correct about the synth body thing. Good prediction!

I had expected that the synths would send the signal and that this would setup a massive issue for the federation which would then be the topic of season 2. To my surprise however, they did not. Season ended with "all is well" type "embarking on a random" course like thing. I thought the ending was alright as it was. It felt like a feel-good-moment to me.

Was nice to see Captain Riker in action!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i read one review where the writer said that 7 and that other woman -t the very end--were not holding hands but playing Kal Toh?

not up to doing a rewind just yet to find out

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the whole Borg thing, very deflating

why have Hugh and a whole cube in the show at all...clickbait?

no answers on why Hugh was on that cube? when we last saw hugh in tng he was pretty much ready to find a wife, set up a farm and grow potatoes.. how'd he end up on a cube that was still doing assimilation?

so the remaining former borg are just going to hang with the synths on planet Coppertone?

hey, if they are good, maybe Soong and the synths will make them new bodies too?

a group of synths with the memory of the Collective in their positronic brains?

they could then 'download' the Borg Queens' synaptic pathways from whatever is stored on the cube.. didn't she in theory, have the ability to be on any cube (this is a default thing, since how she appeared in multiple places was never explained by old school trek TPTB's)? If not, this writing group will just make it that way...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
related to this show-apparently, and looking back at other shows/films in prime universe, anyone else notive a similarity between Borg and Romulan tech?

Even going back, to at east, NEMESIS and ENTEPRISE, to me, it is more then just appearances (they both like the same shade of green) but also in intentions/desired effect

both seemed to have an interest in meshing organic and tech together (with the Romulans using telepath controlled drone ships) and a penchant for mas effect weapons (thalaron generator)

this is just a total 'out of my ass' kind of question, but could it be possible ( i know its sci fi so...) that some long past failed, experiment of the Romulans with meshing organic and tech, may have instigated the Borg, even in the smallest of ways?

ok, YT POPCAST people, you can theorize however you like...season 2 can be whatever it is (I Dont care anymore) regarding Borg, Romulans, Guinan, whatever...... just remember I called the "romulans making the borg" thing here first on gatefans

:) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You were indeed correct about the synth body thing. Good prediction!

I had expected that the synths would send the signal and that this would setup a massive issue for the federation which would then be the topic of season 2. To my surprise however, they did not. Season ended with "all is well" type "embarking on a random" course like thing. I thought the ending was alright as it was. It felt like a feel-good-moment to me.

Was nice to see Captain Riker in action!

out of all 10 eps it was defi the best

i would like- though not hopeful- that the recent changes in ownership--and al that behind the scenes stuff OM1 is all in the weeds in :)-- allows TPTB's to be able to use more of the standard Trek canon story and other things familiar

but I just know, somehow, that the next season will set up the "tie in" between STD and the future the discovery is in, with PICARD and some events he will be involved in

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok, YT POPCAST people, you can theorize however you like...season 2 can be whatever it is (I Dont care anymore) regarding Borg, Romulans, Guinan, whatever...... just remember I called the "romulans making the borg" thing here first on gatefans

:) :)

The Romulans did not create the Borg in Star Trek. But in NuTrek, perhaps they did. Maybe even sentient tribbles created both the Romulans and the Borg with the help of a race called the McGuffins who were also instrumental in creating the magic forensic molecular scanner and cloned androids? In NuTrek, which is not Star Trek, anything is possible!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
out of all 10 eps it was defi the best

i would like- though not hopeful- that the recent changes in ownership--and al that behind the scenes stuff OM1 is all in the weeds in :)-- allows TPTB's to be able to use more of the standard Trek canon story and other things familiar

but I just know, somehow, that the next season will set up the "tie in" between STD and the future the discovery is in, with PICARD and some events he will be involved in

This will not happen.The original Star Trek license is a separate thing from the alternate license created for JJ Abrams for Paramount. ViacomCBS has absolutely no incentive to allow Secret Hideout to just "use" anything from the original license. The relationship between Secret Hideout/Kurtzman and ViacomCBS is adversarial, not cooperative. They are charging money for every element, and they are trying many different angles to escape the contract they are trapped in with Kurtzman. They may have actually been blessed with an opportunity to accelerate Kurtzman's departure since there is no clause in the contract which suspends it due to CV. :)

NOTE: There may not be any Season 2 of Picard after all. No production on Season 2 has begun. The only sure thing is tax credits awarded by California (22 million). The show does NOT yet have a solid greenlight. This does not mean there will not be a Season 2, but it does mean that there might not be one.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
NOTE: There may not be any Season 2 of Picard after all. No production on Season 2 has begun. The only sure thing is tax credits awarded by California (22 million). The show does NOT yet have a solid greenlight. This does not mean there will not be a Season 2, but it does mean that there might not be one.
well right now, the next season of anything not already filmed, is in much doubt due to virus

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Romulans did not create the Borg in Star Trek

there is just no way of knowing that. as in, there is nothing in canon clearly stating their origins

when i had brought this up back in august you were of a different opinion--at the least, you had said it was 'possible'

The Romulan theory would still put the origin of the Borg in the Alpha Quadrant,

No, it would be in the Beta not alpha quadrant, Romulus is in the Beta,so if they did have anything to do with either creating them or enhancing an existing species called Borg, it would have happened in the Beta

in Voyager, we know that the area of the Borg 'homespace' also includes the Beta. it was seen on charts and spoken in dialogue

when 7's unimatrix zero lover stated he was on a cube on patrol in the beta quadrant

--------------
However, I am quite sure that if there is a S2 we will see nothing of the sort.. 7 and the Romulan spy dude will just be along for the ride on Eddie Van Halen's space guitar--also known as the La Sirena. the borg and romulan storylines will be dumped for some other 'adventure'

maybe one that involves changing the appearance of the Andorians? :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
SEASON 2 AND 3 being filmed simultaneously and then air back to back from next june till next december

Production Weekly (via SpoilerTV) is reporting that the series will commence filming on its second season in January 2021. That will probably mean that it’ll shoot alongside Strange New Worlds, which we’ve previously been told is eyeing a start date of early next year. What’s more, though, it’s stated that the producers plan to film both season 2 and season 3 back to back. Season 2 is scheduled to wrap up in June, and season 3 will then begin immediately and continue on until November.

@Overmind One

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/sta...ly (via SpoilerTV) is,date of early next year.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'd be careful about shill sites (especially small timers) like this. He's just quoting another website which itself is quoting another website.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'd be careful about shill sites (especially small timers) like this. He's just quoting another website which itself is quoting another website.

hmm thats what someone said about std and its new seasons. and look, its in s3 now :(

at least PICARD is watchable

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

None of this is going to happen. The studios officially are on lockdown until the end of 2020, and I am hearing that it may be impossible to insure Sir Patrick Stewart for the production. Also, I understand he was not happy with becoming a gollum at the end of the series.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They actually already had everything but the nudity last season...