Another great episode today. Wow!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
1679108275067.png
Turn some damned lights on!!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That is a major beef I have with Picard S3 - brighten things up!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That is a major beef I have with Picard S3 - brighten things up!
have you noticed some "smokiness" around the edges of the frames too? almost as if one of themajor actors requested incense to be burned or something. .weird

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
not my picture of course (like I WOULD KNOW how to do this :) )

but if I remember back to DATA being captured by the Borg, I thought that they could not assimilate androids? If so with Data, what would their chances be with the Picard model android?

I think the creator of this pic- and accompanying theory, may have forgotten these things

-- theory goes that the original Borg are behind all the action we have seen, have somehow co-opted the Shapeshifters, and they want Locutus back

I do not subscribe

1679540545284.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That is pretty bizarre.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I was alive during the earlier Star Trek shows. Not for TOS, but for TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. Yet, I never got to witness any of those shows airing live. Every now and then, I would catch part of an episode, because it would just happen to be on TV, but then my parents would switch it to whatever they wanted to watch at any given time. Aside from that, growing up in the Netherlands at that time, it would have been likely that the episodes that were being shown on Dutch TV weren't quite brand new, even if it may have seemed like it. From what I did see, I knew I liked Star Trek, as I was always drawn to the episodes when I did catch those glimpses. It wasn't until later on, when I was a young adult, that I started collecting DVDs, and I suddenly found myself having every Star Trek episode ever made at my fingertips. That is when I truly got to know and love Star Trek. Note that at this point, I think I was already too late to catch episodes of Enterprise coming out brand new, although probably not by much. It is therefore that Star Trek: Discovery was actually the first trek show that I've been able to see "live". Followed by Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek; Strange New Worlds. Perhaps I am more excited about the new Star Trek shows than others who have witnessed the earlier shows being aired live, and perhaps the above is part of the reason for that. In any case, I watched the episodes of the first two seasons of Picard as soon as they became available. I did enjoy that, and I did look forward to each new episode. But what is happening now with season 3, to me is a whole other level. Right now, I am so stoked to be part of this moment in time as it is happening. These Star Trek episodes are fantastic! It feels like I'm watching a new season of TNG, way beyond the original story of course, set in that show's future. I'm loving it, and I hope that others here who have remained skeptical and at a distance are secretly enjoying it more than they are letting on as well.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That is pretty bizarre.
i know

what about my memory on the borg ability to assimilate Data? thought they couldn't? Or maybe it was they didn't want to; "you are too perfect"?

so why would they do this to Picard Android, much more advanced then the DATA model?

Am I remembering this correctly?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was alive during the earlier Star Trek shows. Not for TOS, but for TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. Yet, I never got to witness any of those shows airing live. Every now and then, I would catch part of an episode, because it would just happen to be on TV, but then my parents would switch it to whatever they wanted to watch at any given time. Aside from that, growing up in the Netherlands at that time, it would have been likely that the episodes that were being shown on Dutch TV weren't quite brand new, even if it may have seemed like it. From what I did see, I knew I liked Star Trek, as I was always drawn to the episodes when I did catch those glimpses. It wasn't until later on, when I was a young adult, that I started collecting DVDs, and I suddenly found myself having every Star Trek episode ever made at my fingertips. That is when I truly got to know and love Star Trek. Note that at this point, I think I was already too late to catch episodes of Enterprise coming out brand new, although probably not by much. It is therefore that Star Trek: Discovery was actually the first trek show that I've been able to see "live". Followed by Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek; Strange New Worlds. Perhaps I am more excited about the new Star Trek shows than others who have witnessed the earlier shows being aired live, and perhaps the above is part of the reason for that. In any case, I watched the episodes of the first two seasons of Picard as soon as they became available. I did enjoy that, and I did look forward to each new episode. But what is happening now with season 3, to me is a whole other level. Right now, I am so stoked to be part of this moment in time as it is happening. These Star Trek episodes are fantastic! It feels like I'm watching a new season of TNG, way beyond the original story of course, set in that show's future. I'm loving it, and I hope that others here who have remained skeptical and at a distance are secretly enjoying it more than they are letting on as well.
I am totally good with 2/3 new shows. I just cannot see how Discovery could have ever fit into existing pre TOS, post Enterprise canon.

maybe showrunners realized this too, thats why they blasted the DISCOVERY off to the future?