Star Trek: Picard

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
arrival to planet Coppertone... aren't these synths supposed to be better then Data?

ok.. so could Data have been killed by a glass brooch to the eye?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so, Soong did have a bio son after all? He is the one Maddox was speaking of before he was killed then.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I guess you'll have to wait until Thursday to see whether your prediction comes true.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
another thing

while not terrible, the in script arguments between characters of why to take this action? why not take this action? was very weakly written

and IMO ,ALL of these actors ,new and old, are capable of performing so much better then the script they have been given

the Soong character of Brent Spiner's is totally lame and far below his potential

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I guess you'll have to wait until Thursday to see whether your prediction comes true.

and, what i already said as indicators for my "bet" along with the first ep scene of Picard's dream sequence with DATA--- "I don't want the game to end"

that too

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
#1-- Narek.. Didn't "find them" after the left the conduit, he was in the conduit with them. he followed them into it cloaked

the la sirena crew saying "somehow he found us" is because they did not know what we the viewers know

you see when i watch these critique vids and they base their criticisms on their mistakes when watching the show... can we accept any of the criticisms- even if we agree with them?

this is no defense of the show

#2 underwhelming-- yes, the whole show is underwhelming

#3 I am thinking the Spiner character is not a biological son (well, we already know that Soongs wife could not have kids), but yet one more version of the data/lore/b-4 series, but made to be even more life like in appearance... this character certainly has the "fight" and anger towards organics as Lore did

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yup, all the elements are in place to make Picard into a timeless artificial life form with potentially-- Borg tech included

we got the intro of "synaptic scanning" in TNG which leads to Jurati's research in mind transference and artificial brains

we got the 'gholem' in the works with an as yet unassigned/unfinished identity

we got Picard with an incurable disease that just happens to be worsening at this moment

we have -in first contact- the borg queen saying how data was 'perfection', she obviously had borg plans for him

we got the borg cube on the same planet along with 7--another Borg perfectionist, all the borg tech aboard and whatever tech the Romulans were using on board as well

lets see what thursday brings :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They will download Picard probably into a gender fluid SJW android.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i finally realized the visual-- the crew of the La Sirena have actually been flying around on Eddie Van Halen's guitar

images
upload_2020-3-26_12-48-48.jpeg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wasn't far off as it turned out. Picard is now a synth....

While this was worlds better than STD, the shame is it was nowhere near what it could have been. The utter disrespect for the integrity of characters like Picard and Seven, the major pacing problems and the incoherent plot (typical for Kurtzman) dragged it down.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok,, crazy, outside darkhorse bets on what may happen in PICARD, time

i am putting out one now---

either in the course of the show- like next season, or at its end, Picard will be near death and he will have his consciousness uploaded into a synthetic body

an apex of his human and borg experience and his affinity for Data all purpose built into a machine that is part Soong synth and part Borg

mark your calendars folks!!

BOO - YAH!!! I claim prophetic victory

I'll take my winnings in toilet paper and vitamin C :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yup, all the elements are in place to make Picard into a timeless artificial life form with potentially-- Borg tech included

we got the intro of "synaptic scanning" in TNG which leads to Jurati's research in mind transference and artificial brains

we got the 'gholem' in the works with an as yet unassigned/unfinished identity

we got Picard with an incurable disease that just happens to be worsening at this moment

we have -in first contact- the borg queen saying how data was 'perfection', she obviously had borg plans for him

we got the borg cube on the same planet along with 7--another Borg perfectionist, all the borg tech aboard and whatever tech the Romulans were using on board as well

lets see what thursday brings :)

nailed all except the Borg stuff, thank you very much

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wasn't far off as it turned out. Picard is now a synth....

While this was worlds better than STD, the shame is it was nowhere near what it could have been. The utter disrespect for the integrity of characters like Picard and Seven, the major pacing problems and the incoherent plot (typical for Kurtzman) dragged it down.

Picard has always been Mechanophiliac Homosexual and 7 and the oh so forgettable other drunk, female character are lesbi-friends

Star trek truly has been and remains a mirror of the contemporary society that creates each iteration of trek

wow... social bases covered with S1... guess season 2 will include social distancing?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
anyone else notice how they so subtly worked in that the Vulcanoid people are not originally from Vulcan?

When the Romulan spy boy was explaining the legend of the cylon god and its ancient attack on the galaxy--while he and the La Sirena crew were gathered around the campfire (just why did they have a campfire when Rios fixed his ship with the magic crescent wrench anyhow?) --he said the line "long before our ancestors ARRIVED on Vulcan"

now why shove that in?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Lately with how crummy the stuff like STD and Picard is I have been revisiting oldies but goodies - like Warehouse 13, Eureka and TekWar. All are far superior to what we see now. They don't look as good because they are low budget but the acting is vastly superior, they have much better writing with proper character development and pacing that lets their characters actually breathe and develop.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Lately with how crummy the stuff like STD and Picard is I have been revisiting oldies but goodies - like Warehouse 13, Eureka and TekWar. All are far superior to what we see now. They don't look as good because they are low budget but the acting is vastly superior, they have much better writing with proper character development and pacing that lets their characters actually breathe and develop.

problem is defi the writing...all of these actors in PICARD seem to be very good, just been handed crap

evident with Stewart, Ryan and Spiner..we have seen them with good scripts