Star Trek: Picard

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This statement is stupid ... Who wrote this shite ? No one in there right mind would punch Picard . He would have you in a headlock in a second , then send you to the brigg !
The hero sounds a lot like berman

No, on paper, Captain Picard doesn’t sound like a heroic lead. He sounds like the kind of mealy-mouthed, conflict-averse apologist that the real hero should give a well-deserved sock in the jaw thirty seconds before the end of a story, before stealing his fiancée as his superiors fire him for cowardice.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i had to find this news on YAHOO :(

who is the GF's "trek go to" person? they should have been on this!!

they should hang their head in shame.....

YAHOO, really

:smiley-laughing021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This statement is stupid ... Who wrote this shite ? No one in there right mind would punch Picard . He would have you in a headlock in a second , then send you to the brigg !
The hero sounds a lot like berman

No, on paper, Captain Picard doesn’t sound like a heroic lead. He sounds like the kind of mealy-mouthed, conflict-averse apologist that the real hero should give a well-deserved sock in the jaw thirty seconds before the end of a story, before stealing his fiancée as his superiors fire him for cowardice.

Look what they did to Leonard Nimoy's Spock after sticking him in the 2009 Kelvin movie and Star Trek Beyond. He became a Vulcan Yoda and lost all his logic. A former science officer on real Star Trek, in the 2009 movie he was using magical red matter and talking to his alleged "younger self". It isn't the actors they get, its still down to the writing and vision of the producers to get it right and Kurtzman just does not have any of that in his toolbox. He CAN'T write Star trek. It is beyond his abilities to understand it, let alone write it. He writes action flicks and fantasy. His Picard is going to be more like the awful Luke they created for The Last Jedi.

Patrick Stewart should have refused the role.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Look what they did to Leonard Nimoy's Spock after sticking him in the 2009 Kelvin movie and Star Trek Beyond. He became a Vulcan Yoda and lost all his logic. A former science officer on real Star Trek, in the 2009 movie he was using magical red matter and talking to his alleged "younger self". It isn't the actors they get, its still down to the writing and vision of the producers to get it right and Kurtzman just does not have any of that in his toolbox. He CAN'T write Star trek. It is beyond his abilities to understand it, let alone write it. He writes action flicks and fantasy. His Picard is going to be more like the awful Luke they created for The Last Jedi.

Patrick Stewart should have refused the role.

They must have splashed a lot of money at him for him reprise this role. It's obvious that Klutzman or Kuntzman knew that STD was heading down south so to keep him in the job he pitched this idea.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
They must have splashed a lot of money at him for him reprise this role. It's obvious that Klutzman or Kuntzman knew that STD was heading down south so to keep him in the job he pitched this idea.
Honestly I don't think that Patrick Stewart is anywhere remotely aware of the things which are going on in regard to Star Trek. He's living his life being a Sir. He's got other things to do. He hasn't even seen all of Star Trek TNG. Let alone other Star Trek. He's just being manipulated right now. He has no clue about STD. He's just thinking that he'll be doing more along the lines of TNG and has no way of knowing how it will turn out in the end and how it might tarnish his previously esablished character of Captain Picard.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Honestly I don't think that Patrick Stewart is anywhere remotely aware of the things which are going on in regard to Star Trek. He's living his life being a Sir. He's got other things to do. He hasn't even seen all of Star Trek TNG. Let alone other Star Trek. He's just being manipulated right now. He has no clue about STD. He's just thinking that he'll be doing more along the lines of TNG and has no way of knowing how it will turn out in the end and how it might tarnish his previously esablished character of Captain Picard.

Maybe fans should warn him before it tarnishes his reputable career. He is a wonderful actor considering he was a late bloomer.

Anyway it looks like this series might be called Star Trek - Destiny as the Khan series sounds like it may be called 'Star Trek - Reliant'. Because the trademark for it was leaked.

http://www.treknews.net/2018/08/14/2-possible-star-trek-tv-series/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There's pretty much zero information in it.

This was all I needed to read:

It came to us, as do all things Trek now, through Alex Kurtzman, with the idea of, wouldn’t it be cool to do something Next Gen-oriented, and/or get Patrick Stewart and/or any of those iconic Next Gen characters,” Stapf said at the TCA press tour. “As Patrick himself has said, he was of the opinion that ‘I’ve done that character,’ but he got a meeting with Alex and some of the other guys and they won him over. The deal didn’t take that long once he decided to do it.

That. Is. His. Game.

He has been doing this since the 2009 movie. Leonard Nimoy was only in the original to try and help Kurtzman's non-Trek garbage shoehorn its way into Star Trek territory. HE FAILED. He did it again in Into Darkness, and was going to do it in Beyond, but Nimoy died before that could happen. For Discovery season 1, it was the tribble, the Gorn skeleton, the Mirror universe and numerous references to events in Enterprise. He also uses Elon Musk references. I think that is to try and lure him in to interest so he will give cred to the show. That will NOT happen. Now, he wants to use Picard in the same fashion. He will stick him in the dumb Kurtzman NuTrek universe and claim it is no different from the TNG universe (but EVERYTHING will be different). Kurtzman has no clue how to write Star Trek, and poor Patrick Stewart is unaware of this at the moment (evidently).

Sorry to say, but this show and also the other show are both doomed before they even take shape. The reason is Alex Kurtzman. The man just does not have Star Trek in him. He has a vision for something he wants to do, for sure. But its not Star Trek. It does not appeal to Star Trek fans, which was the purpose, was it not? Picard and Kahn only mean something to Star Trek fans, not NuTrek. They are all, "Who the f**k is Picard?". It and also anything else Kurtzman makes with the Star Trek name on it will be crap.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm sorry to say it, but I'm VERY much afraid that you are completely correct. Perhaps we should start a gathering of signatures to send them along with a letter to Patrick Stewart just to make him aware of the perilous situation he will be facing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How about someone focus on making new movies and tv that is original? One's that don't rely on old ideas?

Sure we got a few now,, way too few

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Maybe fans should warn him before it tarnishes his reputable career. He is a wonderful actor considering he was a late bloomer.

Anyway it looks like this series might be called Star Trek - Destiny as the Khan series sounds like it may be called 'Star Trek - Reliant'. Because the trademark for it was leaked.

http://www.treknews.net/2018/08/14/2-possible-star-trek-tv-series/

Star Trek - Destiny ,,, Because the first time they used the acronym of STD it went so well for them.

Sheese

:facepalm:

You know, I just realized that I don't have to give a shit about Star Trek anymore. After all, the people running the show these days don't give a shit about it so why should I? Clearly these fools are determined to sodomize ST until it bleeds to death and no one is going to stop them. That's fine. I'll just kick back, pour some bourbon over ice and watch the farce unfold.