Star Trek: Picard

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Picard's got bunnicorns y'all!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
evidence? what would be the motivation in putting out false info? i would think if it were to be cancelled they would be putting out some 'save STD!" campaign info instead

this article came out 3 days ago.. and, keep in mind I am NOT saying i want STD to continue just because i am asking you this question though-hell ,i haven't even watched STD!

This is what's happening:

• Moonves's contract with Secret Hideout to make Star Trek for CBS was for 5 years.
  • The contract Moonves made with Secret Hideout has expired (this is what's most important).
  • The contract has a clause within it which keeps Kurtzman's Secret Hideout contract alive as long as there is anything Star Trek in production on the alternate license.
  • Star Trek Discovery's success or failure was tantamount to any extension of the original contract, and the poor performance of STD Season 1 killed that.
  • Lower Decks, the animated series, will air on CBS All Access and Nickelodeon.
In a nutshell, Kurtzman's ONLY strategy right now is to make sure that something Star Trek stays in production. It has to meet a certain level of performance in order to get any renewals, and already Discovery has failed it's mission and is canceled (not announced yet). Picard is not canceled, but it is not doing much better than Discovery. Tax credits have been awarded for the show's Season 2 already. If CBS All Access is rolled into a new service from ViacomCBS as planned, this may be delayed or canceled.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think its just more of tv guides' depth being the upcoming season in this calendar yr.

I just posted it because it's the closest thing I have to a non-announcement of Discovery Season 4. The show is canceled. I can't really say anything conclusive about Picard, but I do know that Discovery is canceled, even though they have not officially announced it, and will not likely announce it until about midway in Season 3. The Lower Decks show counts as Star Trek per Kurtzman's contract, and if Nickelodeon orders more of it after the first season has aired, then Kurtzman's contract stays alive. :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and already Discovery has failed it's mission and is canceled (not announced yet)

ok, so what's your 'drop dead date' on this? if it gets cancelled in 3 yrs after 6 seasons you cant then say "see i told you i was right"

i'd say cancellation before summer or your info is not relevant

i guess thats it? can't think of anything else lord baal might want to ask you :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tried looking up the site that claimed the renewal. Basically it is a tiny video game site and only a couple of other places cited it for anything at all. It points to a reddit which has no members or posts. Based on the near total lack of history and presence I am doubtful they really have insider access and think it more likely they just made it up to get clicks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok, so what's your 'drop dead date' on this? if it gets cancelled in 3 yrs after 6 seasons you cant then say "see i told you i was right"

i'd say cancellation before summer or your info is not relevant

i guess thats it? can't think of anything else lord baal might want to ask you :)

? The show is canceled. I am not guessing, and it really does not matter to me when they announce it to the general public, since Season 3 has a finite number of episodes and will stop after that. I am sure they have some reason for withholding the information. The main point is that Season 3 is the last season and there will be a series finale. It isn't important to me to "convince" anyone. I am merely sharing information I already have, and I cannot reveal the source because of an NDA in place for both the source and myself. Check your PM.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tried looking up the site that claimed the renewal. Basically it is a tiny video game site and only a couple of other places cited it for anything at all. It points to a reddit which has no members or posts. Based on the near total lack of history and presence I am doubtful they really have insider access and think it more likely they just made it up to get clicks.

That is exactly what it is. :) I have solid info. Nobody is going to be able to find any solid info on any renewal of Discovery because it is canceled, and the last episode of the show is a Season Finale.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Picard's got bunnicorns y'all!

the inclusion of the bunnicorn was a great inclusion for those of us who find ourselves buying any manner of "animal - corn" in toy or stuffed animal form on a weekly basis for a little girl in our lives

the "uni-corn/everything-corn" thing is so ubiquitous... sometimes i think i see unicorns, deercorns, owlcorns and bearcorns in the trees along the highway

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the inclusion of the bunnicorn was a great inclusion for those of us who find ourselves buying any manner of "animal - corn" in toy or stuffed animal form on a weekly basis for a little girl in our lives

the "uni-corn/everything-corn" thing is so ubiquitous... sometimes i think i see unicorns, deercorns, owlcorns and bearcorns in the trees along the highway

i forgot to add that to see bunnicorn roasted up as sausage is a great catharsis

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the whole thing with Riker's son, making up words and languages and having some disease--is that going anywhere? if not then why include it?

if pointless, then its just more special sauce on a bad burger

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok,, crazy, outside darkhorse bets on what may happen in PICARD, time

i am putting out one now---

either in the course of the show- like next season, or at its end, Picard will be near death and he will have his consciousness uploaded into a synthetic body

an apex of his human and borg experience and his affinity for Data all purpose built into a machine that is part Soong synth and part Borg

mark your calendars folks!!

each episode makes me convince myself of the genius of this theory and its likelihood of occurring

and, for some reason, i think my inkling is stronger then the show's writing :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
each episode makes me convince myself of the genius of this theory and its likelihood of occurring

and, for some reason, i think my inkling is stronger then the show's writing :)

I have no info on any of the stories on any of the episodes, so I am seeing them all fresh like you are. I agree...why include the info about the son for no reason? And I did hear something about Picard dying at the end of Season 1. Perhaps they will make him into some sort of hologram and have him appear in cameos? It is also possible that the show will not get a Season 2, even though it has been announced.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Perhaps they will make him into some sort of hologram and have him appear in cameos?

NAH, i am just going to double down on crazy and stick with my prognostication and put it down in writing again like some repetitive voo doo incantation---

at some point Picard will die and with the use of Romulan tech his consciousness will be uploaded in a synthetic body of Borg/Soong tech collaboration

i am placing a digital Ben Franklin on it :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
with the last ep--what was it number 8?.. i cant help but get the feel the plot is more and more similar to a BSG type of "all of this has happened before and will happen again" type of vibe

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
In my opinion, this show is getting better and better.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
have we even seen one starfleet ship that was actually in space?

idk, still just "Something to watch" for me

NO. We have not. And that "Borg cube" is too much different from canon to be Borg, right down to the holographic controls and Seven's eyes turning black as she activated drones (how does she do that if her implants have been removed?). They show her with ports on her back which should not be there. It's ridiculous.

But no, we have seen no starfleet ships in space. They would have to pay licensing to use any of the names or designs.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
NAH, i am just going to double down on crazy and stick with my prognostication and put it down in writing again like some repetitive voo doo incantation---

at some point Picard will die and with the use of Romulan tech his consciousness will be uploaded in a synthetic body of Borg/Soong tech collaboration

i am placing a digital Ben Franklin on it :)

yea..after ep 9 i am going to double down on my digital bet...$200 on Picard being "downloaded"

this after seeing --1-- Picard has a terminal brain issue
and 2- the scene with Jurati and Soong with "oh you have a gholem? have you figured out mind transference yet?"

and the whole sphill over Jurati the murderer and the 'create life to make up for killing' along with we know her line of research was in synth brains,etc