X-Men Apococrap - aka Apocalypse

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I first thought of Orton actually, I just don't think he has the face for it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
His name is Phil Brooks, Also know as CM Punk.
He's 38, a retired WWE wrestler and UFC fighter who knows Kenpo and Brazilian Jui-jutsu, so he can certainly fight.
Oh, and he is currently writing for Marvel on the Stand-alone Drax comic book and is a lifetime comic book fan :D

He would be a superb replacement, plus he looks much younger whilst still keeping the Jackman Wolverine look intact. Has he been approached? Has anyone? I just found out by accident that Wolverine 3 was Jackman's last when I was searching for a pic of him for this thread.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I doubt anyone has approached him, Ex WWE people tend to do -really- well, or fail horribly. He has acted in a few things besides wrestling, but the reports I have heard have been mixed to say the least.
Plus, there is the baggage of WWE to deal with, mainstream audiences are pretty hesitant about accepting one of those dumb gay wrestlers who can't fight at all ( :lol: )
Hell, you probably wouldn't like him for the tats he's got everywhere :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
He would be a superb replacement, plus he looks much younger whilst still keeping the Jackman Wolverine look intact. Has he been approached? Has anyone? I just found out by accident that Wolverine 3 was Jackman's last when I was searching for a pic of him for this thread.

Your use of the word "plus" here tells me you're still not getting the point about Wolverine being over 100 years old. :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Your use of the word "plus" here tells me you're still not getting the point about Wolverine being over 100 years old. :facepalm:

No, I do get that. But the Jackman Wolverine of the more recent films looks younger than the Jackman Wolverine films which are supposed to be prequels. Really, the best way to get why Jackman's Wolverine is winding down is to see where they are taking X-Men in this latest movie. You only see him for maybe 10 minutes, slashing and being totally badass Wolverine. But in that 10 minutes, you get it.

I am a Jackman fan! I have said how much I would like to have his physique, and I like the actor himself. I like the Wolverine character and him playing it. But after seeing Apocalypse, I can clearly see that it is time to switch him out. Just watch the film dude!

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
No, I do get that. But the Jackman Wolverine of the more recent films looks younger than the Jackman Wolverine films which are supposed to be prequels. Really, the best way to get why Jackman's Wolverine is winding down is to see where they are taking X-Men in this latest movie. You only see him for maybe 10 minutes, slashing and being totally badass Wolverine. But in that 10 minutes, you get it.

I am a Jackman fan! I have said how much I would like to have his physique, and I like the actor himself. I loke the Wolverine character and him playing it. But after seeing Apocalypse, I can clearly see that it is time to switch him out. Just watch the film dude!

It's not about being a Jackman fan, it's about staying true to the character as conceived. If he is replaced it can't be with some babyface mid 30s actor. Wolverine can't look "young" anywhere in the Wolverine or X-Men timeline except when we go back to his actual youth.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I want my 2 hours and 11 minutes back. :( The special effects in this were spectacular, but way way way too much destruction and forced "epicness". I just finished watching it 2 minutes ago, and I am not ready to review it. There is just too much to talk about, too many new elements to critique. Generally speaking, I did not like the story of the movie at all, and I came to that conclusion about 30 minutes into the film. The only thing that kept me watching was wanting to see the special effects.

The titles of this film and the first 15 minutes could EASILY have served as the opening titles and story of the new Stargate movies which are coming. Blatant ripoff of ancient history, and a man-god to go with it, which (once again) threatens the very existence of Man. I did think that the massive launch of all the world's nuclear weapons into space was a nice touch. I also like the fact that the new Professor Xavier has been made bald like Stewart's Xavier. I like the new Storm and the new Jean, but I still do not understand what her powers really are.

The main flaws of this film are the Biblical references, the antagonist man-god from ancient Egypt which was hokey, and the complete lack of humor. It's just too dark. The level of destruction in this film is cataclysmic. If they make another one in this series, they are going to have to talk about how they rebuilt. In the end of the film, they rebuilt Xavier House using telekinesis (cause they blew it up in the movie).

This is not a review, but it might be the best I can muster at this point. Not worth a rewatch.
The idea was just plain ridiculous which is why I avoided it in the first place.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not about being a Jackman fan, it's about staying true to the character as conceived. If he is replaced it can't be with some babyface mid 30s actor. Wolverine can't look "young" anywhere in the Wolverine or X-Men timeline except when we go back to his actual youth.

Yeah, that is the technical reality, but we are dealing with reboot bullshit. They care more about appealing to the Millenials (hence the changes to the other characters). Mind you, this movie was just not all that great to me. I am not particularly ecstatic about any of the new characters. And Jackman's appearance was not that big of a deal. It's just that you notice the age difference more because Jackman himself looked noticeably different.

I totally agree with you about him not being replaced by some young buck. I also think that Cann is a great replacement. The most logical pick from the list. :) But Jackman is leaving the role after the next movie.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So far this weekend it's box-office is down 75.1% from the opening weekend....shades of Batman v Superman.....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So far this weekend it's box-office is down 75.1% from the opening weekend....shades of Batman v Superman.....

Yikes. I wonder if that's because they advertised the hell out of it until it premiered and then stopped? (At least I haven't seen ads for it since it opened, but maybe that's just me.)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I think it's the changes they have made. So many changes...but I found the film entertaining. It's a whirlwind of action and destruction, and it would have been cool but they had to go and level entire cities and have Magneto messing with the actual Earth's core and stuff. The Apocalypse mutant was laughable.