Who is the best Star Trek captain? - a heated debate.

Who is the best Trek Captain?

• Total voters

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So Picard talked about how he had a heart injury (we didn't see it) and then he broke his little toys in a fit of rage. Yipee! What a guy! :rolleyes:

We did actually, via Q taking him back in time to relive the day

G

Graybrew1

So Picard talked about how he had a heart injury (we didn't see it) and then he broke his little toys in a fit of rage. Yipee! What a guy! :rolleyes:

Dude, there was a whole ep about it. It is the one where took him back in time to give him a chance not to choose the fight the guys. First he changes his mind and zaps back into the future as a basic janitor and then he goes back in time again and chooses to fight again. The whole ep happens because Picard is once again near death because of a energy beam that hit his artificial heart while he was on yet another away mission. Kirk had temper tantrums too. Us women have a different type of temper, revenge is a dish best served cold versus I wanta bust your head he-man way. LOL

Sitting around drinkin earl grey tea, my butt. Now you are just trying to distract me from my goal to remain stoic today. :icon_e_wink:

S

Stonelesscutter

He was enraged because he was not going to let his ship or crew get taken by the Borg and would do anything in his power to fight them.
And I don't see why mentioning he had a heart injury makes him weak.

G

Graybrew1

He was enraged because he was not going to let his ship or crew get taken by the Borg and would do anything in his power to fight them.
And I don't see why mentioning he had a heart injury makes him weak.

Stone, I do believe there was a certain level of sarcasm there in his post. Or at least I hope so. :P :biggrin:

Tropicana

Council Member
I see Kirk is at the lead atm, I suppose in a way, he did look good when his shirt was ripped and his sweaty body was gleaming. (Young Kirk that is, not older).

worst2.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

This poll needs more voters.
Come on peeps get your voice heard!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Added the 2009's version of Kirk under "Kirk 2.0" for ya. ;)

Cool thanks :). I had to go for him since out the limited Trek I've watched he genuinely was my favourite. Picard I wanted to like but he just seems overly mean to people (again limited viewing experience) and Sisko made me wonder why they hired that actor. Janeway was pretty awesome though. Archer I have not seen and original Kirk is a little too cheesy to really 'get' now I think. Especially when Chris Pine is playing the same character.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool thanks :). I had to go for him since out the limited Trek I've watched he genuinely was my favourite. Picard I wanted to like but he just seems overly mean to people (again limited viewing experience) and Sisko made me wonder why they hired that actor. Janeway was pretty awesome though. Archer I have not seen and original Kirk is a little too cheesy to really 'get' now I think. Especially when Chris Pine is playing the same character.

I am old enough to have been watching Star trek TOS when it was still a new show on TV. :) Having said that and seen both Kirks, I have to agree...Pine's Kirk is better.

S

Stonelesscutter

I am old enough to have been watching Star trek TOS when it was still a new show on TV. :) Having said that and seen both Kirks, I have to agree...Pine's Kirk is better.

It's ironic that Pine's job was to immitate Kirk and project a younger version and he turns out to be better than the original.

G

Graybrew1

It's ironic that Pine's job was to immitate Kirk and project a younger version and he turns out to be better than the original.

Better I don't know, But Pine is definately better looking now than Kirk was then. Hands Down. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Better I don't know, But Pine is definately better looking now than Kirk was then. Hands Down. :)

The new Kirk's style can REALLY work on REAL women. Shatner's Kirk got the women even when there was absolutely NO chemistry or any reason why the woman would fall for him. The new Kirk is like your horndog buddy who gets all the women. We already know him. The old Kirk was almost a cutout in comparison.

G

Graybrew1

The new Kirk's style can REALLY work on REAL women. Shatner's Kirk got the women even when there was absolutely NO chemistry or any reason why the woman would fall for him. The new Kirk is like your horndog buddy who gets all the women. We already know him. The old Kirk was almost a cutout in comparison.

Dead on. Mental green for you. I am unable to right now. :)