Who is the best Star Trek captain? - a heated debate.

Who is the best Trek Captain?

• Total voters

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I was going to split this topic into the video parody and the captain discussion, but what the heck - I do like it this way :P

G

Graybrew1

Not when you dither around too much and send in your "number one" instead of acting.

I have seen him do a lot of away missions. But realistically, wouldn't a real captain, stay with the ship a lot more anyway? I can't help it, to me Picard's presence just demanded respect. Riker was a great First officer, and the whole ship's crew revered his command including Data.

I guess, though, it is really a matter of taste. Other than Bakula being better suited as a first officer than a captain. I liked them all. I just personally preferred Picard. :icon_e_smile:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
That reminds me of this: :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvMWaqyZ1zo
OH YES! It's further proof... even Evil Janeway was better than Evil Kirk. icon_e_geek.gif

Ah, summary executions are fun. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Not when you dither around too much and send in your "number one" instead of acting.

He was just being kind to 'number one' so that he'd also get something to do besides standing beside his captain picking his nose.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL!

I agree that TOS gets a pass because it was new at the time....but hell i still prefer kirk. Can't stand Picard- he's at the bottom of my list!

1. Kirk
2. Sisko (I loooove avery brooks and I love benjamin sisko!:P)
3. Janeway (kate mulgrew is da bomb!)
4 Archer-he was okay.
^
|
|
|
|
| :laughing:
|
|
|
|
|
\/
5. Picard- he's a bureaucrat not a leader! :P

LMAO at the space you put in there! :laughing:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
You guys are wrong! Picard was lame and hid on the ship or wasted his time deliberating philosophy and morality while his subordinates did the dirty work for him. :P

First Kirk, by far. Then Janeway, Sisko, Picard and at last Archer.

BTW, I'm not judging the series, just the captains. I happen to be rewatching TOS right now and Kirk is just awesome!

I want to triple green you for that line! you are so very correct!

@OM1- thought you knew of my absolute disdain for Picard! :P

G

Graybrew1

I want to triple green you for that line! you are so very correct!

@OM1- thought you knew of my absolute disdain for Picard! :P

It seems that we have finally found something that we disagree on. :argue: It was bound to happen. Even "twins" have different tastes on some things. :biggrin:

Love live Picard!!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
It seems that we have finally found something that we disagree on. :argue: It was bound to happen. Even "twins" have different tastes on some things. :biggrin:

Love live Picard!!
You're allowed to be wrong every once in a while, GB :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're allowed to be wrong every once in a while, GB :P

Picard had lots of style and grace, and he was certainly the classiest, most elegant Captain on Trek. But Janeway was classier and even more elegant. And embarrassingly enough, she even had MORE balls than Picard, and she is a woman! I can picture her having Picard in a headlock or jammed against a bulkhead by his pips telling him to stay out of her way. :) I can even picture him getting bitchslapped by Riker to stop a crying fit. I shouldnt be able to picture that. Kirk would tackle any of them down and beat the living hell out of them...except Janeway (he would try to mount her instead).

S

Stonelesscutter

Picard had lots of style and grace, and he was certainly the classiest, most elegant Captain on Trek. But Janeway was classier and even more elegant. And embarrassingly enough, she even had MORE balls than Picard, and she is a woman! I can picture her having Picard in a headlock or jammed against a bulkhead by his pips telling him to stay out of her way. :) I can even picture him getting bitchslapped by Riker to stop a crying fit. I shouldnt be able to picture that. Kirk would tackle any of them down and beat the living hell out of them...except Janeway (he would try to mount her instead).

So what are you saying here? Voyager wasn't Trek?

G

Graybrew1

Without getting thrown into FH. I would like to say that Picard had plenty of balls. They were just shown quietly. He was very much a thinking man's captain. Do you remember that we found out the reason he had an artificial heart was because he tried to fight 3 Nasagens(sp?) to help his friends? They were each twice his size and he did it gladly. How that for some balls? :rolleyes:

S

Stonelesscutter

Without getting thrown into FH. I would like to say that Picard had plenty of balls. They were just shown quietly. He was very much a thinking man's captain. Do you remember that we found out the reason he had an artificial heart was because he tried to fight 3 Nasagens(sp?) to help his friends? They were each twice his size and he did it gladly. How that for some balls? :rolleyes:

I'm sure Picard had some kingsize brass.
It's just that he also had a keen mind that he appeared less bold sometimes while in fact he was the boldest of them all!
And also the baldest by the way. :)
Ain't that the truth ey Graybrew?

G

Graybrew1

I'm sure Picard had some kingsize brass.
It's just that he also had a keen mind that he appeared less bold sometimes while in fact he was the boldest of them all!
And also the baldest by the way. :)
Ain't that the truth ey Graybrew?

He was most definately my personal taste for best ST captain.

His intelligence,class and air of superiority that he exhuded made him a quite attractive man, even though he is not the pretty boy of Shatner or Pine's (Hubba, Hubba :P)Kirk. Not many men can pull that off. He is somebody that you would trust your life to, not because of just brute strength and dare devilness, but because of his shear pure driven determinatin, immense intellect, cool headedness, and fairness. And as I pointed out in the previous example quite a bit of balls. Remember he broke his little ships in the movie First Contact because of his temper. :icon_e_wink:

But I also believe that it is a matter of personal taste. Some like Steak, Some like Chicken .....Some like Veggies. You get the point. :biggrin:

Tropicana

Council Member
I must admit, Picard has a certain element of class and sophistication - I wouldn't expect anything less from the Captain of the Enterprise-D/E. However, for the likes of me, sitting around and delegating even the most fun task to my subordinates leaving you with nothing more than to review crew reports and watching your fishes swim by, while sipping a cup of Earl Grey is hardly a role model I want to follow or be.

I want someone that shows me that there's time for fun and games and there's time for hard work and also, isn't afraid to make the difficult decisions and willing to sacrifice one's self for the greater good. For me, that's Janeway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuCABu9L9XM

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
He was most definately my personal taste for best ST captain.

His intelligence,class and air of superiority that he exhuded made him a quite attractive man, even though he is not the pretty boy of Shatner or Pine's (Hubba, Hubba :P)Kirk. Not many men can pull that off. He is somebody that you would trust your life to, not because of just brute strength and dare devilness, but because of his shear pure driven determinatin, immense intellect, cool headedness, and fairness. And as I pointed out in the previous example quite a bit of balls. Remember he broke his little ships in the movie First Contact because of his temper. :icon_e_wink:

But I also believe that it is a matter of personal taste. Some like Steak, Some like Chicken .....Some like Veggies. You get the point. :biggrin:
So Picard talked about how he had a heart injury (we didn't see it) and then he broke his little toys in a fit of rage. Yipee! What a guy! :rolleyes: