What Was the Last Thing You Ate/Drank

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We get those low carb wraps in the local supermarket, I am surprised you can't get them easily.

I know...they are carried by most markets these days. They will be called "Carb Balance" or Carb Control". They will usually print the "Net Carbs" on the package since they are made for low carbers. Mission is not the only company who makes them. They also come in whole wheat, but I don't like the "earthy" taste they give when using chicken in a wrap. They work well with beef and turkey though. :)

Dumping the two-slice sandwich for wraps alone will let you drop significant extra weight. You can do any sandwich as a wrap. Even breakfast.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
We get those low carb wraps in the local supermarket, I am surprised you can't get them easily.

I live in America's heartland where carb is king. ;)

Went to three stores so far and nada; one being this large Mexican grocery, which is really good for certain things. But as they make their own tortillas to sell in bulk they pretty much only offer corn or flour.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know...they are carried by most markets these days. They will be called "Carb Balance" or Carb Control". They will usually print the "Net Carbs" on the package since they are made for low carbers. Mission is not the only company who makes them. They also come in whole wheat, but I don't like the "earthy" taste they give when using chicken in a wrap. They work well with beef and turkey though. :)

Dumping the two-slice sandwich for wraps alone will let you drop significant extra weight. You can do any sandwich as a wrap. Even breakfast.

Love the idea of a "sandwich" type meal, but just can't do the bread thing, especially at lunch time. If I do I'm weighed down for the rest of the day and feel like crap. But the wrap idea sounds good.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Love the idea of a "sandwich" type meal, but just can't do the bread thing, especially at lunch time. If I do I'm weighed down for the rest of the day and feel like crap. But the wrap idea sounds good.

You and I are battling the same demon. For me, lunch is usually the first meal of the day since I tend to skip breakfast. :) I will sometimes throw together a shake, or if I have made a spinach quiche or frittata, I will have that. But usually nothing until lunch. If I eat bread or any carbs, I get the sleepies two hours later or sooner. So, lunches of wings or low carb wraps work very well for me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I make chicken wraps for Mrs GF for lunch most days :P

I love them. I bet she does too. You can do anything you would do with a sandwich as a wrap. And only 1/4 the carbs!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I live in America's heartland where carb is king. ;)

Went to three stores so far and nada; one being this large Mexican grocery, which is really good for certain things. But as they make their own tortillas to sell in bulk they pretty much only offer corn or flour.

What are the main store chains in your area? Do you have Albertsons, Ralphs, Kroger, Smart & Final?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I go down to the butcher every 2 days and buy the chicken then cook them for her in the morning before she goes to school. takes me all of about 9 minutes to make.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What are the main store chains in your area? Do you have Albertsons, Ralphs, Kroger, Smart & Final?

None of those, sorry. We have Whole Paycheck but it's way on the other side of town. I'm thinking Woodmans might have low carb wraps though as they are a HUGE store and carry almost everything. They are local to here. I should be getting there in the next few days.

Got Trader Joe's also, but haven't checked there yet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
None of those, sorry. We have Whole Paycheck but it's way on the other side of town. I'm thinking Woodmans might have low carb wraps though as they are a HUGE store and carry almost everything. They are local to here. I should be getting there in the next few days.

LOL, people call it that out here too. :) But Whole Foods does carry them. You can even get them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mission-Carb-Flour-Tortillas-12oz/dp/B00B64Q2NS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1394519164&sr=8-5&keywords=low carb tortillas

They are not bread, and they have a MUCH longer shelf life than bread.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Tell me about that bun please. Low carb? Where did you find it?

*BTW -- still hunting down those Mission Low Carb tortillas, but I think I know a store that might have them. Looking forward to doing some wraps. :)

If you're gonna have a burger, just go all out. You can't enjoy a burger wrapped in cardboard, dude. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you're gonna have a burger, just go all out. You can't enjoy a burger wrapped in cardboard, dude. :icon_lol:

Yes but burgers either have buns made out of artificial shit that "melts" when you bite into it (McDonalds, Culvers, etc.) or they come on these HUGE "sourdough/artisan" buns the size of my head. I don't want to eat a loaf of bread with my burger, and neither do I want a five-pound bag of fried potato wedges on the side.

Now stop trying to justify your midnight runs to Mickey Dee's to get a couple Big Macs. Your colon will thank you. :nono: :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes but burgers either have buns made out of artificial shit that "melts" when you bite into it (McDonalds, Culvers, etc.) or they come on these HUGE "sourdough/artisan" buns the size of my head. I don't want to eat a loaf of bread with my burger, and neither do I want a five-pound bag of fried potato wedges on the side.

Now stop trying to justify your midnight runs to Mickey Dee's to get a couple Big Macs. Your colon will thank you. :nono: :P

HEAR HEAR! You have some low carb choices for breads, but your burger deserves the real thing. :) Let it be a mini-cheat. I plan for them, knowing that the 31 carb bun is going to mean I have to sacrifice carbs later in the day. The carbs you dump by making your sandwiches as wraps is really a huge amount. The average slice of bread is 16 carbs per slice. This starts every sandwich you eat at about 32 carbs, before you ever lay a slice of turkey on it. Low carb wraps (taco sized for sandwiches) have about 6 carbs per wrap, and the larger ones like I use have 8-10 carbs depending on the brand. This is only 1/3 the amount of carbs starting out. That practice alone will allow you to lose weight with practically no effort. The fiber in them helps you to feel full. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Yeah, I've "adjusted" that habit to a McD's grilled chicken & bacon wrap. Not fantastic but much better than a big mac at midnight. :icon_lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just ate some dark chocolate , gummy bears , and rabbit shaped chocolate truffles from the bulk barn ,,,. I feel ill now :sulkiness::sulkiness::sulkiness:

:stung::stung::stung: :concern::concern::concern:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just ate some dark chocolate , gummy bears , and rabbit shaped chocolate truffles from the bulk barn ,,,. I feel ill now :sulkiness::sulkiness::sulkiness:

:stung::stung::stung: :concern::concern::concern:

A chocolate attack with a gummy chaser. :anim_59:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Had to get every 3 months or so fix. I always eat it till I feel ill . Then I know I won't touch the stuff for a while lol :) :) :) .
Alchohol has the same affect on me now . Barely touch the stuff anymore . I had 4 coors light last week . Felt ill after . Still more in the fridge . Never gonna drink them probably . My daughter and her boyfriend can drink them :) :) :)