The Last Ship - could've been worse

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
you know, thinking about it more, I wonder if they are going for a similar thing as in BSG? that is, the military ldr and his followers vs the civvie leader and his?

a splitting of the crew forming around each ldr and their plans/policies

it would be a direct rip from BSG (and other shows) but ....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually The Last Ship chandler would just snap Friends Chandler's spine over his knee.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Actually The Last Ship chandler would just snap Friends Chandler's spine over his knee.

Not before delivering a condescending lecture first. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, this episode had a goodly lot of action in it. And costly action to boot, with two named characters dead (not redshirts) along with many more wounded. They did get the immunes network offline but the damage was done.

Looks like next week is a showdown with the immunes attack sub and a setup for the finale.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, this episode had a goodly lot of action in it. And costly action to boot, with two named characters dead (not redshirts) along with many more wounded. They did get the immunes network offline but the damage was done.

Looks like next week is a showdown with the immunes attack sub and a setup for the finale.

Please tell me it was pretty boy and stupid girl! :love_heart:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
besides all of the stuff i have said about this show, i still would like to like it

i hold out hope for a return to the pace and style of S1

But so much time has been wasted by chasing these immunes and the Ramseys, getting old like after the first ep with them in it

save them for later-like next season

how many eps is it anyhow per season

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, they took care of the sub a full episode earlier than I expected. It sets up a season finale along different lines than the typical "final showdown".

Two stories running. The A story was the Nathan James fighting the sub, and it was well executed. It took some nods from the classic "The Enemy Below" and added a twist or two. Well paced and they way they finally defeated the Ramsey's with no sonar (it was damaged previously) was clever, as Chandler took advantage of the relative inexperience of Ramsey as a sub commander and baited him into a fatal error.

The B story had to do with the medical teams, which had been put ashore with the commandos to safeguard them earlier when they realized the James had to fight the sub to survive. They both started spreading the now contagious cure and took out a SSM (Surface to Surface Missile) site the Ramsey's had set up as insurance.

More people got shot up including the XO, but no deaths (except the Ramsey's and the sub crew of course). Really an action story episode flat out.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Was Dr. Scott able to remove the stick from CO Chandler's butt successfully? :daniel_new004:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This really was not about any character in particular. It was an action episode straight out.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This really was not about any character in particular. It was an action episode straight out.

So the stick remains firmly embedded in CO Chandler's posterior... :moody:

(Perhaps removing it will be the story arch for next season?)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not seeing the proverbial stick. Chandler by and large has been doing what he needed to do to hold his command together and maintain discipline.

Oh, and no "inner Schwarzenegger" this time. Chandler stayed aboard and Slattery was ashore.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So what happened with Dr. Scott? Is Chandler still all salty balls towards her?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If neither one dies--I predict that the comms officer (the one who's mom was the Norfolk dictator) and the uber geek red haired civ chic will become "a thing"

oh yeah, and this ep wasn't all that bad

just two peeves

our gung hoh LT (the one who had the hots for the IDF girl) asked for "an RPG"----that is a big writing error

the rocker launcher thing is nothing from the us inventory (unless they took it off a ship?) and few if any, modern day rocket launchers of that size are direct fore weapons and therefore would have no "crosshair" site

just picking!

looking forward to the next story arc!!
--- merged: Sep 1, 2015 1:01 AM ---
If neither one dies--I predict that the comms officer (the one who's mom was the Norfolk dictator) and the uber geek red haired civ chic will become "a thing"

oh yeah, and this ep wasn't all that bad

just two peeves

our gung hoh LT (the one who had the hots for the IDF girl) asked for "an RPG"----that is a big writing error

the rocker launcher thing is nothing from the us inventory (unless they took it off a ship?) and few if any, modern day rocket launchers of that size are direct fore weapons and therefore would have no "crosshair" site

just picking!

looking forward to the next story arc!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Posted twice eh Youngjin?

I'll have to check the recording on the whole RPG line. It would be a slipup on their part.

Shaved, Chandler and Scott did not interact in this episode as he put the medical team off the ship before they went after the sub.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Posted twice eh Youngjin?

I'll have to check the recording on the whole RPG line. It would be a slipup on their part.

Shaved, Chandler and Scott did not interact in this episode as he put the medical team off the ship before they went after the sub.

I wanted to make sure my point got through

and while you are checking on the RPG thing, look at when the civvie "fleet" meets up off the coast of "Louisiana"--there are mountains on the coast

of course there are no such things in LA's delta (or LA for that matter)

yeah I know, its where they get the filming done/costs etc--just peeving again

the "rpg" line is when they are discussing (Chandler, Potus, red haired geek girl, others) how the immune commo system is working and the picket line/blockade they had set up

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Yes they did!! They gave one another intense looking pouts as she was ready to disembark!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I don't count a two second scene with them at a distance as "interacting".

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Why optimistic? Some here have been waiting for the show to turn soapy almost since it premiered. We're two seasons in now and nary a touch of suds.