The Last Ship - could've been worse

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To me, the biggest slap in the face was the personalities of the SGU "military". Greer was convincing as a soldier, but not as a Master Sergeant, Same with Scott being a lieutenant (and James). Telford was the most convincing of all. The personalities of these people would have washed them out in training. NO WAY could Greer become a Master Sergeant in that short a time. Him being in jail would have cost him most of his rank above E5. And poor TJ....she was not even believable as an ROTC trainee.

Wasn't TJ basically a medic when the show started? Funny how it didn't take long for her to learn how to do a kidney transplant using the magical alien technology on board Destiny. SGU was such a stupid show. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wasn't TJ basically a medic when the show started? Funny how it didn't take long for her to learn how to do a kidney transplant using the magical alien technology on board Destiny. SGU was such a stupid show. :icon_lol:

Do you remember when Rush actually woke up on the operating table with tools and clamps and shit sticking out of his chest? I think they were using the magical communications stones to channel doctors werent they? Such a dumb show. It seems even dumber today if you go back and watch it. The Earth episode was probably it's low point. But the resurrected dead and TJ pathetically searching for her dead baby on the fresh new Magic Shuttle runs a close second.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back to The Last Ship...is anyone still watching this show here? Im not, but I was curious. I know the show is still running.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's between seasons I believe but I gave up on it long ago. Eric Dane is just too much of an arrogant poser twat for my tastes. Seriously, he just comes across as a huge douche. I can't sit through an hour of that each week.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hard to watch it between seasons. It's been a good show (amazingly soap free so far) but waiting to see where it goes in Season Three.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hard to watch it between seasons. It's been a good show (amazingly soap free so far) but waiting to see where it goes in Season Three.

I suspect much of Season Three will take place in the bathroom as they deal with Captain Chandler's constipation problem.

roflbot (2).jpg

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member

My guess is they will be trying to keep building the old republic in America while fighting the new order from Europe. The ship will have to spread the cure to the Americas to fend off the EU new order.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
My guess is they will be trying to keep building the old republic in America while fighting the new order from Europe. The ship will have to spread the cure to the Americas to fend off the EU new order.

My guess is now that there's a cure they will continue to try to stretch out the story despite the fact that the story is finished. They found a cure. It's being disseminated. How many more cardboard bad guys can they put up as road blocks? That's as lame as Eric Dane's acting ability.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

TJ,as an officer, being a "medic" was just more SGU/Hollywood stupidity.

It would have been very easy to find out that enlisted ppl are "medics" and TJ as an officer, would have been a nurse, PA or Doctor

Also, the premise of her getting out to go to school also dumb since has an officer she would already have had to had a 4yr degree. And no, she wasn't going fo a masters either, the dialogue indicated she was going to school for the first time

other stupidity; Kissy boy LT (forgot his name) being a pilot and a ground warfare operator--just dumb. not going to happen in someone that young or low in rank and iffy at best for someone older/higher rank.

More reasons how SGU just flat out disrespected SG1/SGA. 2 shows whose TPTBs seemed to at least to have tried to get the military things right with a few errors.