Stargate to be rebooted with movie. FINALLY! From the original creator Roland Emmerich

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You finally saw it! A split second further you'll see the big eye cavities more pronounced.

Youre right!

3Capture.PNG
4Capture.PNG
5Capture.PNG

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Also, thought I should mention that over at Gateworld, people are actually suggesting that Emmerich HIRE Brad Wright to collaborate on the film! :facepalm: Arrogant Brad burned that bridge already, as well as every other bridge he had...blaming the fans that made his "franchise" a success. My take on what I am finding is that most of the fans of Stargate are not happy with the idea of dumping 15 years of Stargate canon in the SG-1 universe. Those who want a fresh start are in the minority...but the split is not nearly as slim as the SGU fans vs Stargate SG-1, Atlantis or the Movie fanbase. I would give it about a 60/40 in favor of the SG-1 universe. Im part of the 40% :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Jabba was a human in the original Star Wars. :(
Bro Hug

(No homo)................. :D
--- merged: Sep 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM ---
Also, thought I should mention that over at Gateworld, people are actually suggesting that Emmerich HIRE Brad Wright to collaborate on the film! :facepalm: Arrogant Brad burned that bridge already, as well as every other bridge he had...blaming the fans that made his "franchise" a success. My take on what I am finding is that most of the fans of Stargate are not happy with the idea of dumping 15 years of Stargate canon in the SG-1 universe. Those who want a fresh start are in the minority...but the split is not nearly as slim as the SGU fans vs Stargate SG-1, Atlantis or the Movie fanbase. I would give it about a 60/40 in favor of the SG-1 universe. Im part of the 40% :)

Hmmm
I would call it 70/30, but Gateworld is inherently biased. It's like watching Faux news for the........... news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bro Hug

(No homo)................. :D
--- merged: Sep 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM ---

Hmmm
I would call it 70/30, but Gateworld is inherently biased. It's like watching Faux news for the........... news.

At Gateworld, more like 90/10 :) I was referring to internet-wide. I should send a crawler out but what to tell it to search for? "Stargate reboot" returns mostly announcements and articles like what we are discussing in this thread. So far, the bias is for something in the SG-1 universe, but also significant support for a clean slate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
At Gateworld, more like 90/10 :) I was referring to internet-wide. I should send a crawler out but what to tell it to search for? "Stargate reboot" returns mostly announcements and articles like what we are discussing in this thread. So far, the bias is for something in the SG-1 universe, but also significant support for a clean slate.

Nah, not that high, I'll split at 80/20 though. :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I'm getting my OMNI on just thinking about how all these chuckleheads will have their stupid little hearts crushed when BW is nowhere to be found in the new set of films. What a bunch of morons, clammoring for more of the poison that killed off the franchise to begin with. Those idiots deserve all the heartache they are gonna get. :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

That comment right there is from either an out right liar or someone who is mentally ill (or quite possibly both). Of course the moron would watch a Stargate movie and if he didn't then his vaunted "millions of fans" would regardless of the story line. What a twit. :rolleyes:

It's been awhile since we laughed about the freaks over at GateWorld so I guess we're due. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm getting my OMNI on just thinking about how all these chuckleheads will have their stupid little hearts crushed when BW is nowhere to be found in the new set of films. What a bunch of morons, clammoring for more of the poison that killed off the franchise to begin with. Those idiots deserve all the heartache they are gonna get. :anim_59:

THIS (bolded).

SG-1, Atlantis, SGU...they had their day. The sun has set on those days. Let it rise on something new from the creators of the original. I dont want Brad or Mallozzi or any of those scabs anywhere near Stargate.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That comment right there is from either an out right liar or someone who is mentally ill (or quite possibly both). Of course the moron would watch a Stargate movie and if he didn't then his vaunted "millions of fans" would regardless of the story line. What a twit. :rolleyes:

It's been awhile since we laughed about the freaks over at GateWorld so I guess we're due. ;)

What is so laughable about that comment is the notion that hiring Brad, Rob Cooper, Mallozzi or Mullie would be good for a REBOOT. Wouldnt that just be a rerun? Didnt that little clique already prove that they lost their touch and forgot how to write Stargate? Let them reboot Peyton Place or even one of the early pre-Stargate concepts like The Time Tunnel (great show, similar to Stargate in many very obvious ways)

project-tic-toc1.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
What is so laughable about that comment is the notion that hiring Brad, Rob Cooper, Mallozzi or Mullie would be good for a REBOOT. Wouldnt that just be a rerun? Didnt that little clique already prove that they lost their touch and forgot how to write Stargate? Let them reboot Peyton Place or even one of the early pre-Stargate concepts like The Time Tunnel (great show, similar to Stargate in many very obvious ways)

View attachment 28542

I love The Time Tunnel. I don't get tired of watching the reruns.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love The Time Tunnel. I don't get tired of watching the reruns.

Me either...what a great show! Reminds me of Stargate's SGC. It had a slight similarity to Continuum as well. :) Stargate except with time travel.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
What...that Emmerich has been writing crap since ID4? Perhaps...but he created Stargate. Brad Wright et al created something related to Stargate, not a continuation of the original, as its creator intended. That is the point I am making.

There was no Jaffa or Goa'uld in the movie. Brad made them both up, and he is the one who changed the original aliens in the movie to parasites. The Jaffa were also a Brad Wright creation. The snakeheads were humans. Also, Abydos was in a different GALAXY...not in the Milky Way. Brad changed all of that. He filled in the blanks with his own ideas, and changed the direction of the show from one of exploration and science (backed by the military) to primarily military with a peppering of civilian input. For me, this detracted from the movie greatly. Why?

1. The military does NOT have brilliant minds like Sam Carter, anywhere. All the brains are civilian, as is the source of tech and equipment. Perhaps classified, but always civilian.
  2. The Jack O'Neil (one "l") is a badass USAF Colonel with experience in Special Forces and in the Stargate movie he is 100% badass, all about his orders (like it should be). Jack O'Neill (with two "l"s in SG-1) was a bit too lazy with his military decorum, and came off as ANYTHING but a badass. Too much wisecracking IMO.
  3. The Jaffa and their quest for freedom was hokey and took away from the main story which was studying the Stargate and those who built them.
  4. The veering completely away from Egyptian mythology (except for the names of the System Lords which Brad made up as well) into this whole Goa'uld hierarchy thing is not in the movie.
  5. Starting with Season 6 and the introduction of the earth ship Prometheus, SG-1 officially jumped the shark. Office of Homeworld Security? Really?
  6. The Replicators.
  7. The Asgard.
  8. The Ori (any "ascended beings")
  9. The Ancients being the creators of the Stargate instead of the original aliens shown in the movie.
  10. The later ships with beaming and energy weapons :facepalm:
Having said all that, I still loved SG-1 and I still like it today. But I want to see where Emmerich wanted to take HIS creation.

Dude...he wrote & directed that travesty of a movie called, 2012, 10,000BC and the day after tomorrow just to name a few :P. Sorry to be sceptical and cynical but I don't see this guy writing a decent stargate film.Let someone else who isn't brad wright,JM or the original stargate creator write the next stargate.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dude...he wrote & directed that travesty of a movie called, 2012, 10,000BC and the day after tomorrow just to name a few :P. Sorry to be sceptical and cynical but I don't see this guy writing a decent stargate film.Let someone else who isn't brad wright,JM or the original stargate creator write the next stargate.

Yes, he's been involved with some dogs, but he'd be working with Devlin on this one (right?) so that should make it a worthwhile project. Personally I think the original story is exciting enough to be explored more.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I came across this article at GateWorld from 2011, and Alaina Huffman talks about Spyglass "not interested in Stargate".

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/huffman-spyglass-is-not-interested-in-stargate/

MGM’s new leadership simply isn’t interested in continuing the Stargate television franchise right now, according to actress Alaina Huffman.

“They tried very hard to put a movie together,” Huffman said in a stage appearance at the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia last month. “[But] Spyglass is not interested in Stargate, so therefore would not fund the movie. So we — we, as in Brad [Wright] — had to look for money elsewhere, and came very close several times.”

Huffman played Lt. Tamara Johansen on Stargate Universe.

The historic Hollywood studio emerged from bankruptcy proceedings at the end of 2010 with Spyglass Entertainment chiefs Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum appointed as Co-Chairmen and CEOs. Formed in 1998, Spyglass itself is primarily a film studio, helping get movies like The Sixth Sense, Star Trek (2009), and The Tourist to screens.

In years’ past Stargate was a juggernaut for MGM’s television division, pulling in significant revenue from syndication, overseas markets (airing in over 120 countries), and the lucrative DVD market. Studio executives called it MGM’s most important franchise after James Bond. But those revenue sources just aren’t what they used to be.

LMAO! The reality was that MGM was not interested in continuing Stargate UNIVERSE. Duh, why would they be? Stargate Universe had the worse ratings and reception of all of the Stargate live action series. It couldnt even beat RERUNS of Star Trek TNG in the ratings. :anim_59: I run into people on other forums who talk about wanting Stargate to return, but they whine about SGU instead of the real Stargate shows. One particularly vociferous guy boldly declared that if they bring Stargate back and it is not Universe, he wont watch. Oh shit! The less-than-one-million SGU fanbase wont watch a new movie? It is sure to tank then...:happy0007:

The biggest mistake Brad and Co did with SGU was tearing down the sets for SG-1 and Atlantis for those in SGU. You could re-dress the Atlantis sets for a continuation of SG-1 because they were wide open space sets, and they had similar stargates. But the dreary, smallish sets of SGU could only be used for SGU. All that money wasted...doubled down and lost. Not feeling sorry for Brad and Co at all. The only one who seems to have taken it with stride is J Mozz. Yeah, he is a slug of a guy but at least he is still showing his face. Brad has disappeared. I think I saw him on a milk carton somewhere. :P Rob Cooper dropped off the scene too as well as Paul Mullie.

What I am afraid of is if anyone from the original Stargate hooks into the new Stargate. :(

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I came across this article at GateWorld from 2011, and Alaina Huffman talks about Spyglass "not interested in Stargate".

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/huffman-spyglass-is-not-interested-in-stargate/

LMAO! The reality was that MGM was not interested in continuing Stargate UNIVERSE. Duh, why would they be? Stargate Universe had the worse ratings and reception of all of the Stargate live action series. It couldnt even beat RERUNS of Star Trek TNG in the ratings. :anim_59: I run into people on other forums who talk about wanting Stargate to return, but they whine about SGU instead of the real Stargate shows. One particularly vociferous guy boldly declared that if they bring Stargate back and it is not Universe, he wont watch. Oh shit! The less-than-one-million SGU fanbase wont watch a new movie? It is sure to tank then...:happy0007:

The biggest mistake Brad and Co did with SGU was tearing down the sets for SG-1 and Atlantis for those in SGU. You could re-dress the Atlantis sets for a continuation of SG-1 because they were wide open space sets, and they had similar stargates. But the dreary, smallish sets of SGU could only be used for SGU. All that money wasted...doubled down and lost. Not feeling sorry for Brad and Co at all. The only one who seems to have taken it with stride is J Mozz. Yeah, he is a slug of a guy but at least he is still showing his face. Brad has disappeared. I think I saw him on a milk carton somewhere. :P Rob Cooper dropped off the scene too as well as Paul Mullie.

What I am afraid of is if anyone from the original Stargate hooks into the new Stargate. :(

Isn't Brad still busy eating the SGU set? It was a pretty big set. I imagine it could take a while, even for a portly fellow like Brad.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Isn't Brad still busy eating the SGU set? It was a pretty big set. I imagine it could take a while, even for a portly fellow like Brad.

I picture him living in the bowels of GateWorld where he is fed a steady diet of squealing SGU fanbois like Jabba the Hut.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

This is the scene I was talking about earlier!

Also, Ra's "Grey" alien past is described in the SG book. Been a while since I read it but something to the effect of Ra was a part of a dying race (so too the Asgard), he is from a planet where just about all the inhabitants have died out-he has therefore "inherited" nearly of all of that planet's tech. He comes to Earth for the first time and finds a young boy in a field in Egypt who was brave enough to stand and watch his ship land when the other humans ran away.

Forgot how it is Ra took over the boy's body, but I do remember that it was more of a transfer thing which doesn't jibe with this scene of an alien "inside" of him.

So there is actually three differences-the book, the film and the changes for SG1

And the book was written by Emmerich and Devlin-why couldn't they keep consistency between the book and their movie?

Last edited: