Stargate Shipping Best and Worst

S

Stonelesscutter

OM1 was referring to Movie Daniel. He said TV Daniel would not.

I can only assume he was responding to the part of your post that he had bolded. Therefore I conclude that he was talking about SG-1 Daniel. But let's wait till he gets back so he can enlighten the both of us. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think it's funny that Shanks buffed out in later seasons of SG-1. Quite the change from the original wet noodle Daniel.

S

Stonelesscutter

One of my favourite ships I think is the one of Vala with that old guy she stole those bracelets from. :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I can only assume he was responding to the part of your post that he had bolded. Therefore I conclude that he was talking about SG-1 Daniel. But let's wait till he gets back so he can enlighten the both of us. ;)

But he was really clear. Look. :(

My point exactly. THAT Daniel might hit it (Sha're), then made it back to civilization, not stay on Abydos. TV Daniel was more practical, and would most likely not have stayed on Abydos IMO.

G

Graybrew1

I think it's funny that Shanks buffed out in later seasons of SG-1. Quite the change from the original wet noodle Daniel.
Boy did he ever. He looked like a completely different due. No complaints coming from me on that either. ;)

G

Graybrew1

One could always carve a hole at the top of that pyramid. There's enough room there to contain generations worth of waste.
I was thinking something more along the lines of "civilized". LOL
That would ruin all the great treasures inside.

Bluce Ree

I was thinking something more along the lines of "civilized". LOL
That would ruin all the great treasures inside.

We saw the inside of that pyramid in the movie. Nothing but stone and bad Goa'uld memories.

S

Stonelesscutter

Overmind said:
My point exactly. THAT Daniel might hit it (Sha're), then made it back to civilization, not stay on Abydos. TV Daniel was more practical, and would most likely not have stayed on Abydos IMO.

Looks to me that he was talking about the same Daniel in both sentences. THAT Daniel = TV Daniel. It's just Overmind's style of writing I think. I know, it can be confusing. :D

Bluce Ree

Much like Destiny, the whole thing was never explored. ;)

Yeah, but look how easily we turned that into a giant toilet. Destiny started as a giant toilet. There was nowhere to go from there.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I think Abydos had the "3 shell system" like they did in Demolition Man.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

The Daniel in that complete post is the TV Daniel. Not the dweeby Daniel from the movie, who would definitely stay on Abydos and most likely dread his hair and get native tattoos and find all the hallucinogenic plants available. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

The Daniel in that complete post is the TV Daniel. Not the dweeby Daniel from the movie, who would definitely stay on Abydos and most likely dread his hair and get native tattoos and find all the hallucinogenic plants available. :)

In all fairness, TV Daniel did teach the Abydonian kids how to make moonshine. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
All true, but how would the movie Daniel have handled himself in "Prometheus Unbound"? Would he have kept his cool like TV Daniel did when he had what appeared to be a Kull Warrior making moves on him?

S

Stonelesscutter

All true, but how would the movie Daniel have handled himself in "Prometheus Unbound"? Would he have kept his cool like TV Daniel did when he had what appeared to be a Kull Warrior making moves on him?

Assuming he had been through all the same adventures as TV Daniel I would vote yes.

SciphonicStranger

They had RDA and Shanks really trying to ape the movie characters in the beginning of SG-1 - to the detriment of the series IMO. I think they really improved those characters as time passed though. :)

G

Graybrew1

RDA was complete opposite of Kurt Russell IMO. Good or Bad just different.

SciphonicStranger

RDA was complete opposite of Kurt Russell IMO. Good or Bad just different.

We will be watching this again soon, but I think RDA did try to imitate Russell's mannerisms early in season one. :)