Stargate Shipping Best and Worst

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
No doubt about that, but Danny was SPRUNG over her. He stayed on Abydos for her? WHY? The Daniel that was fleshed out for SG-1 does not seem to be the type of man who would jump through hoops for a hot babe. He is a scientist, not a horndog.

i dunno, an nerd who doesn't get laid is more horndog than scientist! ;) I beleived he would stay for the girl AND the opportunity to observe an ancient culture up close...every archaeologists dream. AND he got laid. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

No doubt about that, but Danny was SPRUNG over her. He stayed on Abydos for her? WHY? The Daniel that was fleshed out for SG-1 does not seem to be the type of man who would jump through hoops for a hot babe. He is a scientist, not a horndog.

In the movie the two of them bonded when they learned how to communicate with eachother. And as he's an archeologist it stands to reason he holds great interest for old civilizations. Being able to actually live in one would be like a dream come true I think. So why not stay when you got that and a hot babe who adores you to boot. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The fact that there weren't any flush toilets on Abydos would have greatly weighed into my decision to stay or not. A daily piece of pie is one thing but having to crap in a hole in the sand on a daily basis is quite another. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The fact that there weren't any flush toilets on Abydos would have greatly weighed into my decision to stay or not. A daily piece of pie is one thing but having to crap in a hole in the sand on a daily basis is quite another. ;)

Would the holes have to be mapped like a minefield?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Would the holes have to be mapped like a minefield?

One could only hope. ;)

(P.S. The lack of toilet paper would be problematic too.)

G

Graybrew1

He was in love with her, was he not? He was a sensitve character and so that gave him no choice.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
He was in love with her, was he not? He was a sensitve character and so that gave him no choice.

I ask you, is any man worth pooping in a hole in the sand for the rest of your life?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Beggars can't be choosers. Movie Daniel was a total dweeb whereas TV Daniel started as a dweeb but became a very different person not too far into the series.

My point exactly. THAT Daniel might hit it (Sha're), then made it back to civilization, not stay on Abydos. TV Daniel was more practical, and would most likely not have stayed on Abydos IMO. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

My point exactly. THAT Daniel might hit it (Sha're), then made it back to civilization, not stay on Abydos. TV Daniel was more practical, and would most likely not have stayed on Abydos IMO. :)

I disagree. Daniel never followed his dick. Not even near the end of the series with Vala.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I disagree. Daniel never followed his dick. Not even near the end of the series with Vala.

I tend to agree with this. Daniel was definitely about the work and considered the tail he was getting to be a bonus. I think Michael Shanks was trying to be imitative of James Spader in the first season of the series but he then developed his own "voice" so to speak. I'm sure Daniel would have been interested in getting Sha're back but the overriding feel to the character is that he's more about the work itself and everything else is secondary.

Bluce Ree

I quoted OM1's original reply to show you that you're not disagreeing, at least not on TV Daniel.

Bluce Ree

That depends on the man. If he is smart enough, he will build me something better. ;)

One could always carve a hole at the top of that pyramid. There's enough room there to contain generations worth of waste.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Doesn't this really belong under Stargate "tech"? After all we aree talking about waste disposal...

S

Stonelesscutter

I quoted OM1's original reply to show you that you're not disagreeing, at least not on TV Daniel.

What I intended to say was that Daniel follows his heart instead of his dick. Whether his heart is full of ancient culture or Sha're. Overmind said Daniel would tap that ass and get back to work.

Bluce Ree

What I intended to say was that Daniel follows his heart instead of his dick. Whether his heart is full of ancient culture or Sha're. Overmind said Daniel would tap that ass and get back to work.

OM1 was referring to Movie Daniel. He said TV Daniel would not.