Stargate Shipping Best and Worst

G

Graybrew1

Here is a thread to squee or scream about the dreaded shipping thing all shows have.

My favorite is Daniel and Vala
My most ugh was Keller and Mckay

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, Daniel and Vala was the best. Partly because the actor/actress have natural chemistry together and also because Vala's personality is a natural tonic for the more cerebral Daniel Jackson.

S

Stonelesscutter

There is nothing wrong with Keller and McKay in my opinion. All you haters can go suck it. :P

I'm kinda partial to the semi-shipping of Carter and O'Neill. Though officially nothing really ever happened between them. There was the kiss in the episode "Window of Opportunity" but that didn't happen in the "real" timeline. Then there was a kiss in the episode "Moebius" (I don't remember whether it was part 1 or part 2) but that also didn't happen for real because it was in an alternate timeline. Apart from that there were some minor hints to the fact that they liked eachother.

G

Graybrew1

Yep, Daniel and Vala was the best. Partly because the actor/actress have natural chemistry together and also because Vala's personality is a natural tonic for the more cerebral Daniel Jackson.
What are your picks Joelist?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Best: Daniel/Vala. Like I said they were fun to watch together.

Worst: Chloe/Scott. In "real" stargate it was probably Sam and Pete who had the chemistry of oil and water together.

S

Stonelesscutter

Best: Daniel/Vala. Like I said they were fun to watch together.

Worst: Chloe/Scott. In "real" stargate it was probably Sam and Pete who had the chemistry of oil and water together.

Aaargggh. Sam and Pete. Memories of awfull scenes are now floating around in my mind. Thanks a lot. :P

Chloe and Scott was a complete disaster as well, but not even as bad as Sam and Pete in my opinion.

Also there was Sam and Martouf which annoyed the crap out off me. And there was Sam and that Tollen guy who's name escapes me at the moment. That one wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't good either.

G

Graybrew1

There was that Sam and the Replicator guy too, not a real ship but still painful to watch.

S

Stonelesscutter

There was that Sam and the Replicator guy too, not a real ship but still painful to watch.

That one didn't bother me at all. Probably because it was a kidnapping and not a relationship type thing.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
My top pick is obvious...Daniel and Vala , my second choice was Jennifer Keller and Ronon Dex. followed by sam & jack and Cam & Dr. Lam.

The worst- sam & pete, sam and martouf (he looked like he belonged in an old pepsodent commercial :D)and sam & nareem-- well you get the idea...anyone other than sam and jack. But the absolute bottom, the worst of the worst was
wait for it...
you know what's coming....you just KNOW!
Mckay and anyone other than Katie. I actually liked mckay and Katie. :) mckay & keller was just squicky! :puke:

S

Stonelesscutter

My top pick is obvious...Daniel and Vala , my second choice was Jennifer Keller and Ronon Dex. followed by sam & jack and Cam & Dr. Lam.

The worst- sam & pete, sam and martouf (he looked like he belonged in an old pepsodent commercial :D)and sam & nareem-- well you get the idea...anyone other than sam and jack. But the absolute bottom, the worst of the worst was
wait for it...
you know what's coming....you just KNOW!
Mckay and anyone other than Katie. I actually liked mckay and Katie. :) mckay & keller was just squicky! :puke:

You didn't even mention Varro and lt. Tamara Johansen!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Best: Vala and Daniel

Worst: Daniel and Shareh

I cannot see what Daniel ever saw in Shareh after watching his develop in SG-1. The movie Daniel was more hippie than SG-1 Daniel, and I liked SG-1 Daniel much MUCh better than the movie Daniel. It seemed strange that SG-1 Daniel would ever fall for a woman like Shareh.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I cannot see what Daniel ever saw in Shareh after watching his develop in SG-1. The movie Daniel was more hippie than SG-1 Daniel, and I liked SG-1 Daniel much MUCh better than the movie Daniel. It seemed strange that SG-1 Daniel would ever fall for a woman like Shareh.

Maybe it's because she was the only decent chick in the desert during the original Stargate movie?

S

Stonelesscutter

Have you seen Children of the Gods recently? She looks pretty damn hot.

Bluce Ree

I used to think Sha're was played by the same actress as in the original movie. They even changed her name from Sha'uri in the movie to Sha're in the TV series.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

No doubt about that, but Danny was SPRUNG over her. He stayed on Abydos for her? WHY? The Daniel that was fleshed out for SG-1 does not seem to be the type of man who would jump through hoops for a hot babe. He is a scientist, not a horndog.

Bluce Ree

No doubt about that, but Danny was SPRUNG over her. He stayed on Abydos for her? WHY? The Daniel that was fleshed out for SG-1 does not seem to be the type of man who would jump through hoops for a hot babe. He is a scientist, not a horndog.

Beggars can't be choosers. Movie Daniel was a total dweeb whereas TV Daniel started as a dweeb but became a very different person not too far into the series.