Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I never bought Kylo Ten as a Vader- like bad guy, he's a whiney pussy! Geeze couldn't they have given us an ADULT bad guy? And Snoke...more like snore....

He is just so wimpy. I halfway expect him to have a keychain for his shuttle key with a little Pikachu hanging from it, and a Hello Kitty lunchbox in the cockpit full of old Halloween candy. And his facial expressions are so pouty and brat-like. Ugh.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For those of you who have not seen this ridiculous scene in the movie of General Leia flying through space using the Force, here it is:

And yes, she survives. Perhaps by Star Wars 12, Jedi (led by Rey) will be able to just Force themselves from planet to planet by just flying through space. :facepalm:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
While I was watching this movie I was editing down/out scenes in my head. I don't understand why each of these movies always need to be longer than the last one. The original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back had awesome pace.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is a must see (contains spoilers) and also profanity (NSFW)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Finally saw this: OH MY GAWD how awful! :P Just horrible! A real stinker! Put me to sleep! Shall I go on? what a waste of 2 1/2 hrs! Someone needs to shoot the writers/producers/directors! They have DESTROYED the star wars franchise! :tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::anim_17::beckett_new050::anim_17::hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Finally saw this: OH MY GAWD how awful! :P Just horrible! A real stinker! Put me to sleep! Shall I go on? what a waste of 2 1/2 hrs! Someone needs to shoot the writers/producers/directors! They have DESTROYED the star wars franchise! :tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::psychosga::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::replicatoranime01::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::anim_17::beckett_new050::anim_17::hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;:hide;

Yes, it was jaw-droppingly awful. And what they did in it can't be fixed later.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, it was jaw-droppingly awful. And what they did in it can't be fixed later.

Their problem is they have to try. There is too much money involved to just let it die. Maybe write a time travel story to erase The Last Jedi from canon :icon_rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Their problem is they have to try. There is too much money involved to just let it die. Maybe write a time travel story to erase The Last Jedi from canon :icon_rotflmao:

Because they made Rey and Finn and Kylo Ren happen, those three are obviously going to be in their prime Star Wars properties. Same with BB8, the Millenium Falcon (with the square antenna) and those new X-wings. Its a package. Its the stories that have suffered the most IMO. They told a good story in Rogue One, but it was still defined by the original canon. I don't have any idea how they can fix this, but you are right about them not allowing it to die. They will start showing topless female aliens and dropping F-bombs before that happens. :beguiled:

Saw this pic of Rian Johnson and had to laugh. As I see it Snoke is a completely undeveloped character that has already been killed off and was never explained in terms of relevance to the story. Not much to go on for a theory of anything Snoke related. Apparently the only "theory" is the one in Johnson's head that he failed to share with the rest of us. :rolleye0014:

johnson-snokejpeg.jpeg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was one of many problems with this film. Snoke should have been developed not killed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The stupidest part is The Last Jedi should have been an easy film to make. All they needed to do was show proper respect to the OT characters and actually develop the new ones. Killing Snoke like that with no backstory was foolish.

This was also the golden opportunity to have Rey face real challenges and - yes - fail (and learn from failure). That was why Luke was such a good character - he EARNED his stripes. Rey was properly setup in The Force Awakens to get her wings clipped in The Last Jedi (like Luke did in The Empire Strikes Back). But instead she again just succeeds at everything - this film was where she became a Mary Sue.

Then there is Kylo, who was the most interesting character in the film up until shortly after he killed Snoke. Before then in the film he actually WAS developing and the EMO behavior was disappearing and he was becoming more composed. Then when Rey turns down his offer he just suddenly is back to being immature. Whatever...

Really if they were going to have Kylo kill Snoke do it at the end of the film, and have Rey ACCEPT his offer. She could do it thinking that as co-ruler she can do more good - then she lets the rebels escape. Roll credits and you have a good setup for Episode IX.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The stupidest part is The Last Jedi should have been an easy film to make. All they needed to do was show proper respect to the OT characters and actually develop the new ones. Killing Snoke like that with no backstory was foolish.

This was also the golden opportunity to have Rey face real challenges and - yes - fail (and learn from failure). That was why Luke was such a good character - he EARNED his stripes. Rey was properly setup in The Force Awakens to get her wings clipped in The Last Jedi (like Luke did in The Empire Strikes Back). But instead she again just succeeds at everything - this film was where she became a Mary Sue.

Then there is Kylo, who was the most interesting character in the film up until shortly after he killed Snoke. Before then in the film he actually WAS developing and the EMO behavior was disappearing and he was becoming more composed. Then when Rey turns down his offer he just suddenly is back to being immature. Whatever...

Really if they were going to have Kylo kill Snoke do it at the end of the film, and have Rey ACCEPT his offer. She could do it thinking that as co-ruler she can do more good - then she lets the rebels escape. Roll credits and you have a good setup for Episode IX.

Great points. And they showed such great disrespect for the OT characters! There was no honor in Han's or Luke's deaths. Luke sacrificing himself to the Force like he did was just dumb, along with the other creepy stuff they had him doing. And Princess Poppins was just....I can't. Rey cannot carry the story with her now (unnecessarily) revealed common lineage. Why is she special? Why would she think Luke was special? After all, in her world, The Force is as accessible as iPhones. :) It just seems to me that they have fooled around with the essentials, like The Force, the dynamics of the whole SW universe now make even less sense than during the prequels.

My prediction is that they will be ruining the Sith next, and that we will see yet more over the top shark jumping with The Force. They will need to dump R2D2 and C3PO. And we will not see Yoda or any of the OT force ghosts ever again (including Luke).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Saw this pic of Rian Johnson and had to laugh. As I see it Snoke is a completely undeveloped character that has already been killed off and was never explained in terms of relevance to the story. Not much to go on for a theory of anything Snoke related. Apparently the only "theory" is the one in Johnson's head that he failed to share with the rest of us. :rolleye0014:

johnson-snokejpeg.jpeg

wasn't Snoke one of those cloners from episode 2? :confused0076::confused0076::confused0076::confused0076::confused0076:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These soups by Campbell's are real. I am without words other than "fail".

star-wars-soup.jpg
This is how they are pimping out Star Wars now. It is now a "vehicle", whose licensing is sold to just about anyone for a price.

dole-111.jpg o-STAR-WARS-LIPSTICK-570.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's pretty funny that they are trying to advertise everywhere for something that turned into such a massive "own goal" that Kathleen Kennedy is likely out as studio head.

These soups by Campbell's are real. I am without words other than "fail".

View attachment 34208
This is how they are pimping out Star Wars now. It is now a "vehicle", whose licensing is sold to just about anyone for a price.

View attachment 34209 View attachment 34210

I can sorta understand Campbell's and SpeghettiO's because they're meant to catch a kid's eye who will in turn bug mom into buying that crap. But lipstick? Seriously? How many grown women are going to buy lipstick simply because it has the SW logo on it? That makes no sense at all.

This must be how Disney sees the world in terms of marketing:

star wars.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can sorta understand Campbell's and SpeghettiO's because they're meant to catch a kid's eye who will in turn bug mom into buying that crap. But lipstick? Seriously? How many grown women are going to buy lipstick simply because it has the SW logo on it? That makes no sense at all.

This must be how Disney sees the world in terms of marketing:

View attachment 34213
:smiley-laughing021::shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::icon_lol::happy0007::laughing::joy::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing021::shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::icon_lol::happy0007::laughing::joy::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing021::shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::icon_lol::happy0007::laughing::joy::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing021::shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::icon_lol::happy0007::laughing::joy::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing021::shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::icon_lol::happy0007::laughing::joy::smiley-laughing024: