Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Turns out TLJ popped up on Netflix streaming recently. That didn't take long. :icon_lol:

At any rate, the movie was, as everyone said, a mess. It was also boring. What was the point of Finn and Rose even being in the movie? Their story line was just dumb and they accomplished nothing; they failed in their mission to get a hacker. But at least they fell in love after knowing each other only a few hours, yay. :rolleye0014:

And worst of all the movie just went on and on and on and on. It was sooooo boring! Each scene was one big yawn followed by another. For instance, I didn't feel one ounce of fear when Snoke was on screen. He wasn't even laughable. He was just a boring cartoon. Also, they never explained how the First Order was tracking the Rebels, just that they had a device that could track them. How were they doing that? Why couldn't the Rebels turn off whatever "beacon" they had that was sending out a signal?

*(I refuse to accept any sort of outside explanation of events from a movie. The explanation must be clearly explained within the context of the film. Having Googled the question of what the hell is going on in TLJ I discovered that there is an Easter egg in Rogue One where Jyn mumbles "hyperspace tracking" as she goes thru computer files. So as viewers we're required to just know this bit of information without it being mentioned at all in TLJ. M'kay. :rolleye0014:)

And how the hell did Phasma survive from the events of TFA? That was never explained. She just reappears after supposedly being done away with by Han and Finn. How stupid! These new movies have a ton of gaping plot holes that the writers (Rian Johnson) just ignore. It's insulting to the intelligence of the viewers.

The more I think about this movie the worse it gets. I'm gonna stop now.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Turns out TLJ popped up on Netflix streaming recently. That didn't take long. :icon_lol:

At any rate, the movie was, as everyone said, a mess. It was also boring. What was the point of Finn and Rose even being in the movie? Their story line was just dumb and they accomplished nothing; they failed in their mission to get a hacker. But at least they fell in love after knowing each other only a few hours, yay. :rolleye0014:

And worst of all the movie just went on and on and on and on. It was sooooo boring! Each scene was one big yawn followed by another. For instance, I didn't feel one ounce of fear when Snoke was on screen. He wasn't even laughable. He was just a boring cartoon. Also, they never explained how the First Order was tracking the Rebels, just that they had a device that could track them. How were they doing that? Why couldn't the Rebels turn off whatever "beacon" they had that was sending out a signal?

*(I refuse to accept any sort of outside explanation of events from a movie. The explanation must be clearly explained within the context of the film. Having Googled the question of what the hell is going on in TLJ I discovered that there is an Easter egg in Rogue One where Jyn mumbles "hyperspace tracking" as she goes thru computer files. So as viewers we're required to just know this bit of information without it being mentioned at all in TLJ. M'kay. :rolleye0014:)

And how the hell did Phasma survive from the events of TFA? That was never explained. She just reappears after supposedly being done away with by Han and Finn. How stupid! These new movies have a ton of gaping plot holes that the writers (Rian Johnson) just ignore. It's insulting to the intelligence of the viewers.

The more I think about this movie the worse it gets. I'm gonna stop now.

agree with most

the whole Finn and Rose to gambling world was just plain useless

such a waste of potential in the character played by Del Torro, and a waste of his talent

they should have just focused on the Luke and Rey then Snoke and Kylo portions and saved the Resistance chasing and first order stuff for the next film

they could have had a lot more exposure into the whole 'last jedi' theme including why Luke became as he is--disillusioned and bitter with Jedi hypocrisy and inactions over the ages and the fact that the Sith had so often shown much more common sense and a capture of effective force use then the Jedi ever did..etc,etc,etc

with that we could have the closing 'bookend' to what we see Ezra discover about the force and grey jedi ,etc in REBELS

but it seems as if tptb's at Lucas world just are not talking as much as they should be

ah well

onto bigger and better SJW tropes in ep 9!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
agree with most

the whole Finn and Rose to gambling world was just plain useless

such a waste of potential in the character played by Del Torro, and a waste of his talent

they should have just focused on the Luke and Rey then Snoke and Kylo portions and saved the Resistance chasing and first order stuff for the next film

they could have had a lot more exposure into the whole 'last jedi' theme including why Luke became as he is--disillusioned and bitter with Jedi hypocrisy and inactions over the ages and the fact that the Sith had so often shown much more common sense and a capture of effective force use then the Jedi ever did..etc,etc,etc

with that we could have the closing 'bookend' to what we see Ezra discover about the force and grey jedi ,etc in REBELS

but it seems as if tptb's at Lucas world just are not talking as much as they should be

ah well

onto bigger and better SJW tropes in ep 9!!!

They think they have a winner on their hands because they are looking at the past films and books and assuming that they can count on the "built in" SW fanbase to carry them over. After seeing Princess Leia Poppins flying through space, why would I want to read any book? Its done.

They think they have a winner on their hands because they are looking at the past films and books and assuming that they can count on the "built in" SW fanbase to carry them over. After seeing Princess Leia Poppins flying through space, why would I want to read any book? Its done.

What I don't get is why, if Luke and Leia are so strong with the Force, they can't do something like remotely destroying the tracking device on the First Order's ship? Why couldn't Leia simply lift the laser cannon they were using to crack open the hiding place of the Resistance and throw it far away? She was able to survive being blown into the vacuum of space by using the Force, which is a monumental feat, so why didn't she use her powers to do something as simple as disable a computer on the attacking ship, etcetera?

And if "ghost Yoda" can rain explosive fire down on the Jedi tree/library why can't he do the same to the First Order's ships and troops? For that matter why can't Luke do something like that?

Like I said earlier, the more I think about this movie the worse it gets.

Has Kathleen Kennedy been removed from her position overseeing SW? Everything we predicted seems to be playing out behind the scenes. As I said, she would be "gone" by Fall of this year. There's no way the board of directors at Disney could allow her to remain in place and it looks like they have already had "the talk" with her. Of course people are trying to spin things to protect her reputation but it's common knowledge that she's an utter failure.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...leen-Kennedy-Episode-9-Rian-Johnson-JJ-Abrams

Kennedy may be gone now but unfortunately that still leaves Abrams and Johnson to continue to botch things up. :moody:

Baby I love ya but I can't sit through 18 minutes of whatever that is. Cliff notes? I assume this chick is fishing for victim points. She was a poorly written minor character in a lousy movie so she's not getting any points from me. My f**** have already been spent on people who actually deserve my time and attention.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is all part of the whole fiasco of writing strongly SJW overtones into The Last Jedi. People panned the film rightly because it was poorly written and the powers that be responded (just like Ghostbusters 2016) by attacking the fans.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

The guy who made the video is too long winded. Couldn't listen to more than 5 min. :). There is really nothing to say about this chick except that she was useless and was unnecessary. They threw her in there for what reason? I fast forwarded through that video and it was mostly all that guy ranting.

The guy who made the video is too long winded. Couldn't listen to more than 5 min. :). There is really nothing to say about this chick except that she was useless and was unnecessary. They threw her in there for what reason? I fast forwarded through that video and it was mostly all that guy ranting.

Yeah, I gave it a try too and I still don't know what this guy's point is. TLJ was a terrible movie and this chick is the new Jar Jar Binks. There's really not much more to it than that.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Agree . He was overly long winded and I fast forwarded through it also , but his point from what I gathered was she is pissed with holyweird , not the fans . She knows her part sucked and again blames hollyweird for that and blames the writers for her shit character . She left public media because people were shitting on her thinking she was shitting on them when she was actully talking about lucas films ... That's what I gathered from the vid ...
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Agree . He was overly long winded and I fast forwarded through it also , but his point from what I gathered was she is pissed with holyweird , not the fans . She knows her part sucked and again blames hollyweird for that and blames the writers for her shit character . She left public media because people were shitting on her thinking she was shitting on them when she was actully talking about lucas films ... That's what I gathered from the vid ...
;)

i cant remember--because she was so forgettable a character--is her character dead?

back when the movie wass till in theatres, i remember the media and SJW cheerleaders tryignt o maek a big deal out of the character that was this one's sister. the one who kicked the bombs loose on that ship in the beginning.

imo, it is about a couple of things--the big hubbub that is. Yes, SJWism in general, then a feminist thing, then the whole angle of un represented minority groups in movies/tv (here, asians...so what does hollywood do??? they make yet another stereotypical movie about asians--CRAZY RICH ASIANS)

the media and hollywood needs this kind of hype to go on..its free PR and adverts

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Unfortunately "Rose" will be back in SW#9. In fact, they say her role will be even bigger. Yay. :rolleye0014:

q3yr3e17id011.png

most annoying sidekick...funny!!

so if she has such issues with how her character is portrayed/ worshiped, etc, then why is she returning? yes i know- money. with all the talk these actors do you'd think they would stand up and show how much they believed in what they were saying

most annoying sidekick...funny!!

so if she has such issues with how her character is portrayed/ worshiped, etc, then why is she returning? yes i know- money. with all the talk these actors do you'd think they would stand up and show how much they believed in what they were saying

I don't believe she has any issues with her character and I haven't seen any interviews or statements from Kelly Marie Tran stating as such. Maybe she has said negative stuff about the writing of her character but I have a hard time believing that a newbie actress who got a role in the biggest movie franchise in history would be dumb enough to bite the hand that is feeding her. (She used her first Star Wars paycheck to pay off her student loans which shows that she was still struggling when she got the gig. She's not big enough yet to be criticizing anyone within the industry. Then again, she might be a colossal dummy. Stranger things have happened in Hollywood.)

The bottom line is TPTB are using the fake story about harassment of the actress in order to cover up the fact that the movie was garbage and her particular role was annoying and extremely pointless.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
THE whole movie is complete trash and her character just fits right in with the rest of this crap . Next movie is going to die anyway so it really does not matter what she says or what the fans say or what they do with her character which I was sure died in this last movie , guess not .
I am done with SW and ST ...

THE whole movie is complete trash and her character just fits right in with the rest of this crap . Next movie is going to die anyway so it really does not matter what she says or what the fans say or what they do with her character which I was sure died in this last movie , guess not .
I am done with SW and ST ...

She's completely useless so of course they let her live. The ironic thing is that her sister, who heroically died in the opening sequence of the movie, is exponentially more well liked than Rose. "The wrong sister died" is a common refrain among critics of this film.