Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
TheForceAwakens-poster.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks more like a planet not a space station...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is that a wanna be Death Star in the background?
Looks more like a planet not a space station...

Look again...that slice cut out of it is not part of any kind of planet I can think of...

I have enlarged and enhanced the poster section, and drawn a rectangle around the death star:

starwarsdeathstar.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think Joe was going with the joke dude :P

Pity they canned the EU, it could have been the Eclipse or something which would have been really cool
(Eclipse = Super Star destroyer size ship with a spine mounted superlaser like the D.S)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think Joe was going with the joke dude :P

Pity they canned the EU, it could have been the Eclipse or something which would have been really cool
(Eclipse = Super Star destroyer size ship with a spine mounted superlaser like the D.S)

Ah yes, the dialogue....my bad! This new death star looks like it has a lens on it. Looks scarier than the original. But why is there one in this? Abrams...he talks and walks like he is an original, but what he does best is shine up what is already in place and re-package it. We will get to see soon enough. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Seriously??
JJ turns gold into lead.

If I were to pick someone to "play" in the Trek Universe, it would have been Ron Moore, because while he might have pushed the boundaries of the material a bit like he did in DS9, but he never "broke" it. (BSG was a re-boot, so that's different)

SW he (JJ) is a fan of, so he might not break it, something I am more optimistic of than you are dude. Even still, I am not a huge fan of him, I think they should have looked internally for it, perhaps the directors used in TCW or Rebels.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Seriously??
JJ turns gold into lead.

If I were to pick someone to "play" in the Trek Universe, it would have been Ron Moore, because while he might have pushed the boundaries of the material a bit like he did in DS9, but he never "broke" it. (BSG was a re-boot, so that's different)

SW he (JJ) is a fan of, so he might not break it, something I am more optimistic of than you are dude. Even still, I am not a huge fan of him, I think they should have looked internally for it, perhaps the directors used in TCW or Rebels.

THOSE guys get it for sure. Especially the ones from TCW. Im not into Rebels as much as I was into TCW. But yeah, Abrams sucks big time and I will never forgive him for nuking Star Trek the way he did. He left it in a shambles. It will take a whole movie just to fix it later.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Rebels "get's me where I live" a bit because one of the first RPG's I played outside of D&D -was- the old West End Star wars game, which is set in the same time frame. So "sticking it to the Empire" was my first continuation of the SW universe back in '86, before the comics or novels to a degree.

I like them both, in fact, this weekend we watched all of S1 of rebels :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So,was that a whole gaggle of Ren Knights I see in the new trailer?! at about 1:24 or so?

And we can see Kylo Ren talking, praying? to Vaders burnt helmet-a religious icon for the Knights of Ren?

anyhow-pretty cool looking (tickets are already scalping at about $1000!):

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How would the Force know the difference between a Sith or a Jedi? They both use the Force, therefore it would be illogical for there NOT to be Sith force ghosts.

or the force doesn't care because its combined power can keep in check any play from any individual whomever they may be

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The new trailer looks good. I agree it looks like the Ren order are devotees of Vader.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So,was that a whole gaggle of Ren Knights I see in the new trailer?! at about 1:24 or so?

And we can see Kylo Ren talking, praying? to Vaders burnt helmet-a religious icon for the Knights of Ren?

:calm: :02.47-tranquillity: :calm: :apthy: :disturbed:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Would you believe I actually saw this when it aired -during the mid game show- of the NFL :lol:
(Mrs GF was home sick today, and she likes watching the NFL for some reason)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
or the force doesn't care because its combined power can keep in check any play from any individual whomever they may be
If that were true, the Jedi would not have been "all powerful" for so long in the core SW universe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, so we have (all in repackaged form):

Darth Vader
A Death Star
A war between the Empire and the Jedi (even though the Empire was destroyed and the Jedi killed)
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Princess Leia
C3P0
R2D2

Missing (so far)

Yoda (or some character who looks almost just like him and acts like him)
Jabba the Hutt
An Emperor (or dark Sith overlord)

Knowing this thread will be here after we have seen the movie, I want to predict right now that this next film will ape the first Star Wars Movie: A New Hope. I predict that the storyline, not the visuals, will be a re-interpretation of A New Hope with things switched around, shuffled a bit. I think there will be many many shout-outs to the original trilogy films. Props, perhaps even an alien bar scene. I think that the female character we see will follow the same sort of story arc as Luke Skywalker did in SW A New Hope. Not exactly the same, it will just remind us of that film, very strongly. I also predict that this film will break all records of previous Star Wars films, even if fans might be disappointed. The visuals will be bright, explode-y and fast paced. I think the impression will be "he overdid it" I do not know any of this will happen...just predicting. :)

My neighbor has already bought him and his wife a ticket. He only paid $20.00 for them, but in some places the pre-sale tickets for opening night are climbing quickly in price. Really? Do people still wait in lines at movie theaters?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If that were true, the Jedi would not have been "all powerful" for so long in the core SW universe.

i mean once they are dead

take the 'heaven' (or hell) example

neither god or the devil really cares how bad ass or goody goody you are-there is supposedly, nothing any soul can do to disrupt or change the place once they get there

if you believe that kind of stuff anyhow