Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
and we don't know how REBELS will play out--depending on its ending we could still have Ashoka Tano, Ezra and Kanan still out there

That's what I was thinking but I didn't know if Rebels was considered genuine canon.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
In that case there could be more Jedi's than Luke post RotJ. (Barring any changes in future Rebels episodes that is.)
Not so much Jedi's as force users.
If Asokha survives however, then I think she would be a Jedi as she would be a Jedi Knight for sure by that point, not just a padawan.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yet another "what to hate from previous SW eps" listing

I am good with all of them except number 5-'force ghosts'

the author of this list actually answers his own question as to the possibility of sith ghosts (don't think it has been answered yet)

but we see the younger anakin as a ghost because it is appearing as the anakin before he turned--so still a "good" jedi

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...wars-films-should-just-ignore.html/?a=viewall

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Points 1,2,3,4 and 6 are dead on, and all but 6 came about in the horrid prequels. What they need to do is put Alec Guinness back in the RotJ ghost shot and leave it at that.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Points 1,2,3,4 and 6 are dead on, and all but 6 came about in the horrid prequels. What they need to do is put Alec Guinness back in the RotJ ghost shot and leave it at that.

you mean Guiness as Obi Wan? He was never taken out was he? I thought it was just the random old guy they initially used for Anakin that was replaced

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yeah you're right. They should put the old guy back.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
you mean Guiness as Obi Wan? He was never taken out was he? I thought it was just the random old guy they initially used for Anakin that was replaced
It was the guy they used when the mask came off, just not with all the funky makeup :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wonder what Ackbar's part is?

And I also have been happy with the much reduced role of CGI in VII and the attendant rise in practical effects.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wonder what Ackbar's part is?

And I also have been happy with the much reduced role of CGI in VII and the attendant rise in practical effects.

Well how long do Mon Calamari live? (I always laugh at that species name--a Romance language mashup with the meaning of "Mt Squid" :icon_lol: )

If they live for quite a while longer then humans, then maybe he is still just Admiral Ackbar

or perhaps he retired and took over Dex's Diner?

the dudes been around though -as "Gial Ackbar" he was also in the Clone Wars series

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SIth ghosts existed in the EU, but now...........

How would the Force know the difference between a Sith or a Jedi? They both use the Force, therefore it would be illogical for there NOT to be Sith force ghosts.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
How would the Force know the difference between a Sith or a Jedi? They both use the Force, therefore it would be illogical for there NOT to be Sith force ghosts.
According to the "lost tales" of the Clone wars series, you have to be -trained- to become a force spirit. Sticking around after death is not something most LS people would consider to be honest as it denies the natural order.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So, is this a Jedi or Sith ghost:

casper-the-friendly-ghost.jpg