Star Wars 1-3: The Prequels. Why do so many people hate them?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh, no you don't! You do not get to quote Obi-Wan's lines to Luke from the OT to explain away the flaws in the prequels. :)
Oh yes I can!!
That bolded line was spoken to Luke by Yoda. What actually happened in Revenge of the Sith is that Anakin became concerned about Padme after having his nightmares about her death.
So, let's just ignore the fact that he slaughtered the Sand people before then, had an argument with Padme about how the republic should be run and showed a predisposition for the dark side from the get go.
Yeah..............
He wanted to become the most powerful Jedi so that he could be more powerful than death (to save Padme).
He wanted to be all powerful -before- then, his vision was just an avenue palpatine exploited. He wanted his mummy to live and thought -he- should have that power.
Hmm, Wanting power over life and death, that's a good thing............. :lol:
He was not "drawn" to the Dark Side. Palpatine explicitly offerd to teach Anakin a way to prevent her from dying, and TRICKED him with that information. When Windu was going to kill Palpatine, Anakin killed Windu but not before saying "I need him!". He needed him to teach the way to cheat death.
Yes, Palpatine tricked him with the power of the dark side.
Let me ask you something dude.
If I was a 80 pound weakling, and I threatened to kill you, would you pay attention?
Probably not.
If I pulled out a 4 pound gun, you would shitting yourself, not over -me- per se, but the gun I held. It's all about power, and perceived power.

That is still not the reason he went to the Dark Side.
Enighten me then, why did he make the conscious decision to go dark side?
I disagree about why Padme died, because even if she lost the will to live (which she didnt...she died of complications),
Bacta tanks, cybernetic limbs, droid doctors, but she died of complications?
Where were the doctors if there were complications, where was the bacta tank?
Complications my arse.

Anakin did not "kill" her like the Emperor said he did.
So what, he lied, again.
Can he prove otherwise?
Did he check on her when she collapsed?
No.......
Did he have a chance to know the truth?
No........

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I feel a disturbance in the force..........

Me too...

jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
If I was a 80 pound weakling, and I threatened to kill you, would you pay attention?
Probably not.
If I pulled out a 4 pound gun, you would shitting yourself, not over -me- per se, but the gun I held. It's all about power, and perceived power.

I would be in too much awe over the fact that an 80 lb weakling could hold a 4 lb gun without breaking a sweat.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Here is my issue visually....

View attachment 32019 View attachment 32020

The older Ashoka looks NOTHING like the original. Everything about her is different, including her markings. Now, she looks like a white girl from the East End wearing funky clothes.

Togruta headtails do not mature and fully form/color until early adulthood

I am sure this is the reason that TPTB would give

or, that she may have had some type of surgery to alter her appearance of her headtail and facial markings--she is a wanted Jedi after all

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Away from the dark side.

Losing. "Loosing" someone is to render them loose. I only point this out because you consistently write it as "loose". :icon_lol:

But Padme DID die, leaving no reason why Anakin should feel trapped by or want to stay in the dark side. This is where the prequels sucked donkey dick and destroyed the original "he was seduced" story. Palpatine essentially tricked and coerced him. That's hardly being seduced. Once you're unshackled, the first thing you would seek is revenge if a loved one is involved and the quickest exit from your circumstance, not "since I'm already here, let's see how I can maximize my return on this bullshit Palpatine tricked me into and held my wife hostage over."

What occurred in the prequel *did not happen* in the way it was portrayed if 4-6 are canon.

Uh-oh GF--Beware the wrath of the word police....:vala-newanime016:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Togruta headtails do not mature and fully form/color until early adulthood

I am sure this is the reason that TPTB would give

or, that she may have had some type of surgery to alter her appearance of her headtail and facial markings--she is a wanted Jedi after all

Actually, the reason is because the artist who created her on TCW is not the same one as the one on Rebels. ALL the characters are a bit different. But on a Togruta, the markings do not change as dramatically as they did on Ashoka. The rest of her physically, well you can see the obvious change. Her older self looks nothing like her younger self. Skulls do not change, eye shapes and lips do not change and she just is not Ashoka, and therefore I have no interest in the show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh, no you don't! You do not get to quote Obi-Wan's lines to Luke from the OT to explain away the flaws in the prequels. :) That bolded line was spoken to Luke by Yoda. What actually happened in Revenge of the Sith is that Anakin became concerned about Padme after having his nightmares about her death. He wanted to become the most powerful Jedi so that he could be more powerful than death (to save Padme). He was not "drawn" to the Dark Side. Palpatine explicitly offered to teach Anakin a way to prevent her from dying, and TRICKED him with that information. When Windu was going to kill Palpatine, Anakin killed Windu but not before saying "I need him!". He needed him to teach the way to cheat death.

That is still not the reason he went to the Dark Side.

I disagree about why Padme died, because even if she lost the will to live (which she didnt...she died of complications), Anakin did not "kill" her like the Emperor said he did.

Throughout the Clone Wars, Anakin had issues with the loss of life in general and loss of Jedi and even the clones he served with. Skywalker's anger and sense of loss pushed him ever closer to the dark side of the Force, and his visions of Amidala dying in childbirth in 19 BBY made him desperate to find a way to save his wife.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Throughout the Clone Wars, Anakin had issues with the loss of life in general and loss of Jedi and even the clones he served with. Skywalker's anger and sense of loss pushed him ever closer to the dark side of the Force, and his visions of Amidala dying in childbirth in 19 BBY made him desperate to find a way to save his wife.

Yes, but as Bluce pointed out, there is a world of difference between "seduction" and "tricked". For all we know, Palpatine never knew how to cheat death (he died didn’t he?). He tricked Anakin into thinking that he might learn the secret of defeating death, and everything he did thereafter was supposed to be bringing him closer to that. As far as I know, he never realized that the Jedi actually never did betray the Republic. He became Darth Vader thinking that the Jedi were traitors, didnt he?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually, the reason is because the artist who created her on TCW is not the same one as the one on Rebels. ALL the characters are a bit different. But on a Togruta, the markings do not change as dramatically as they did on Ashoka. The rest of her physically, well you can see the obvious change. Her older self looks nothing like her younger self. Skulls do not change, eye shapes and lips do not change and she just is not Ashoka, and therefore I have no interest in the show.

This is funny

between this "infatuation" with the young Ashoka Tano and your thinking that the 16yr old Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle on GOTHAM) was much older...

well, someone may think you are "perving" :McKayrolleyes: :haha:

-------------------------------------------------------
what difference does it make anyhow? the character is still "the" character.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, but as Bluce pointed out, there is a world of difference between "seduction" and "tricked". For all we know, Palpatine never knew how to cheat death (he died didn’t he?). He tricked Anakin into thinking that he might learn the secret of defeating death, and everything he did thereafter was supposed to be bringing him closer to that. As far as I know, he never realized that the Jedi actually never did betray the Republic. He became Darth Vader thinking that the Jedi were traitors, didnt he?

you are really getting knee deep into semantics (you are a Word Cop like Bluce aren't you? :icon_razz: )

Palpatine learned how to cheat death /defeat death as in long life, free of naturally caused death-he never said anything about getting tossed down a power shaft of a Death Star now did he?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Uh-oh GF--Beware the wrath of the word police....:vala-newanime016:

You know, for all intensive purposes, it's a doggy dog world but that's a mute point. Sure, perhaps sometimes you feel like an escape goat with so much being said tongue and cheek. Yes, I take for granite that people should know how to speak but the opposite is true in that many wreck havoc on the english language. I could care less most times but I try to help you nick it in the butt. Irregardless, maybe there should be some statue of limitations on this kind of stuff and let it fall by the waste side. You're probably buying your time waiting for the right moment to extract revenge and that's ok. Case and point, your reply.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He became Darth Vader thinking that the Jedi were traitors, didnt he?

He became DV by both his believing that the Jedi were traitorous to Palpatine--we can't forget that there are other issues here, like how a Jedi was supposed to be loyal to the Senate and the Chancellor. Anakin's naivete and ignorance (willful?) led him to become a sycophant of Palpatine way before he got close to turning.

His first move from the Jedi was in taking a wife, submitting to the Dark Side in part, by allowing his emotions to take control-love for Padme.

Second move was in becoming Palpatine's personal errand boy-something that no one Jedi was supposed to be.

By that time and these two acts by Anakin,and all off the pain and loss in the Clone WARS aggravating, he would have believed anything Palpatine said--especially after he saw Windu trying to kill him.

-------------
like I said before-Palpatine had Anakin pegged as the useful idiot for a long time, he may have even orchestrated the choosing of Amidala as Senator (remember Palpatine was from Naboo as well) so she would be on Corusant and near him to tempt his emotions.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know, for all intensive purposes, it's a doggy dog world but that's a mute point. Sure, perhaps sometimes you feel like an escape goat with so much being said tongue and cheek. Yes, I take for granite that people should know how to speak but the opposite is true in that many wreck havoc on the english language. I could care less most times but I try to help you nick it in the butt. Irregardless, maybe there should be some statue of limitations on this kind of stuff and let it fall by the waste side. You're probably buying your time waiting for the right moment to extract revenge and that's ok. Case and point, your reply.

PRICELESS!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is funny

between this "infatuation" with the young Ashoka Tano and your thinking that the 16yr old Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle on GOTHAM) was much older...

well, someone may think you are "perving" :McKayrolleyes: :haha:

-------------------------------------------------------
what difference does it make anyhow? the character is still "the" character.

It had nothing to do with thinking she is attractive. It has to do with the character's identity. And about perving, it seems more to me that these young girls trying to look like women are the ones who are perving. I have had 13 year old girls flirt with me in public. I have absolutely ZERO interest in pedophilia. Whomever took the reigns artistically from the original TCW artist decided to completely change my favorite character for no OBVIOUS reason, but I am reacting to the less obvious reason. Don't ask please. :). Suffice it to say that I have no interest in Rebels for a variety of reasons, Ashoka just being one of them.