Star Trek: Renegades needs fan help

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
It's a pilot episode but with this, they'll go to CBS to see if they'll agree to a full tv series or a web series.

Are these really the uniform...wtf?

Maybe their Renegade uniforms? In the trailer, Checkov is wearing the last TNG uniform:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To add, are they going with a starfleet emblem on the blouse and not a com badge?

That is a comm badge on the yellow uniform isnt it? It is not a patch. It would be lame if they did not go with the badge, considering that accurate replicas are available on Amazon for a few dollars each. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Communicator-Badge/dp/B003NBCJLG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381619096&sr=8-3&keywords=star trek comm badge

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Premium-Collector-Communicator/dp/B003NBXMC6/ref=pd_sim_t_9

Bluce Ree

Is it just me or does it seem like the moment you put a decent actor into a fan film their acting suddenly sucks? Maybe it's the shitty lines they're given or maybe they're using some kind of "auto tune" for acting in big budget films.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Maybe their Renegade uniforms? In the trailer, Checkov is wearing the last TNG uniform:

I thought Koenig was at his best, so far, in Babylon 5. Seems he has been having an exceptionally hard time (more then "normal") since his son killed himself.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I thought Koenig was at his best, so far, in Babylon 5. Seems he has been having an exceptionally hard time (more then "normal") since his son killed himself.

Is that the actor, or the writing for Bester?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I think my little bit of money went to a good cause, although I am a bit concerned with these additional aliens and their rather complicated makeup. I hope the guy doing the makeup is not taking a huge chunk. Im not thrilled about them either...I do not recognize either of the aliens I have seen so far. Cant we just stick to the usual protagonists? No new aliens need to be created. Just tell the stories and give us Trek!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I think my little bit of money went to a good cause, although I am a bit concerned with these additional aliens and their rather complicated makeup. I hope the guy doing the makeup is not taking a huge chunk. Im not thrilled about them either...I do not recognize either of the aliens I have seen so far. Cant we just stick to the usual protagonists? No new aliens need to be created. Just tell the stories and give us Trek!
Problem with that sticking to the same antagonist/protagonist is that people would complain that it's the same old, same old. You will also get the opposite complaint if they decided to pick new aliens/antagonist/protagonist. The writers will always have this dilemmas as to which side to pick. I don't mind seeing new aliens but the whole series should feel like a star trek show :P.

Bluce Ree

It looks like they're putting a lot into it. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be another amateurish disappointment.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It looks like they're putting a lot into it. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be another amateurish disappointment.
I'm already turned off by Tim Russ as a Vulcan with 5 o'clock shadow. You'd think they'd outgrown this so many centuries in the future. Either grow a flipping beard or be clean-shaven. StubbleVulcan (TM) doesn't work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm already turned off by Tim Russ as a Vulcan with 5 o'clock shadow. You'd think they'd outgrown this so many centuries in the future. Either grow a flipping beard or be clean-shaven. StubbleVulcan (TM) doesn't work.

I saw the Vulcan called Soval (from Enterprise) in that clip:

6a01348361f24a970c0147e10a10b0970b-320wi.jpg

I couldn't tell if he was Vulcan in this project or not. If so, it would make him the oldest, and Tuvok would only be "very old". :) They better make him Vulcan, because he was a fairly central character in Enterprise. He was part of the Vulcan High Command and T'Pol reported directly to him. The key to this endeavor is going to be the writing. It takes more than just familiar faces to make this work. Star Trek shows are a lot about background music and other sound effects, so they will have to get that right as well.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I seem to recall that Soval (Gary Graham) was in the episode of Enterprise as a Vulcan who supported the whole mind meld thing that Vulcans at that time looked up on as an aberration. (The episode was a tie-in to AIDS, as I recall).

He was also in an episode of Voyager as one of Kes' people. GOD I was glad when they got rid of that character!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I seem to recall that Soval (Gary Graham) was in the episode of Enterprise as a Vulcan who supported the whole mind meld thing that Vulcans at that time looked up on as an aberration. (The episode was a tie-in to AIDS, as I recall).

He was also in an episode of Voyager as one of Kes' people. GOD I was glad when they got rid of that character!

Yep. :) Kes creeped me out totally. You are right about Soval. But he was in many episodes of Enterprise as you know. But looking for info on who he is in renegades, turned up their IMdB page here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

The cast list is impressive as far as getting Trek people:

Capture.PNG

Robert Picardo is in this? Interesting.....

Anyway, you can see that Graham is playing somebody called Ragnar, who is evidently not a Vulcan. :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yep. :) Kes creeped me out totally. You are right about Soval. But he was in many episodes of Enterprise as you know. But looking for info on who he is in renegades, turned up their IMdB page here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

The cast list is impressive as far as getting Trek people:

View attachment 28902
Robert Picardo is in this? Interesting.....

Anyway, you can see that Graham is playing somebody called Ragnar, who is evidently not a Vulcan. :(
T'Leah? Oh just give me a break!

And Sean Young has burned way too many bridges in Hollywood. She's fairly close to certifiable (I'm not kidding). She's a real freak now.