Star Trek: Renegades needs fan help

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Wait, it's still going up lol :P. Looks like they'll be happy to accept more after the due date.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
$132,505 is the final tally. No bad....
--- merged: Sep 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM ---

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-renegades

It says right there on the right, 0 time left

Did you notice on the side bar where I am guessing, it has a "rank for donation" amount? They got 2 people to donate 10k each.--pretty sure I am reading that right.

Was this a "live" donation or are they pledges? If live then that is some real Trek dedication there.

Of course the size of one's "steeple" determines the relativity of the contribution, of course :stung:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Did you notice on the side bar where I am guessing, it has a "rank for donation" amount? They got 2 people to donate 10k each.--pretty sure I am reading that right.

Was this a "live" donation or are they pledges? If live then that is some real Trek dedication there.

Of course the size of one's "steeple" determines the relativity of the contribution, of course :stung:

It's just like kickstarter.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

The funders only list from 4 days back. I donated $50.00. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The funders only list from 4 days back. I donated $50.00. :)

Hey I am making this sci fi project in my back yard-shooting it on 35mm for the classy look=how about you kick some green to me? :SmileyLaughingTears:

I hope these guys are as legit as they are sounding-it would be good to see some new, old style Trek

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hey I am making this sci fi project in my back yard-shooting it on 35mm for the classy look=how about you kick some green to me? :SmileyLaughingTears:

I hope these guys are as legit as they are sounding-it would be good to see some new, old style Trek

Yeah, sure. I'll kick you an IOU for a nickle.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Well, if you can flash the names of known actors and show me some test footage and allow me to read about your project on a website made for the project, Ill be glad to send you the money! :) I donated to Star Trek Phase II (used to be called Star Trek New Voyages) several years ago as well. There are now several episodes available, all done in a very faithfully reproduced group of sets for ST: TOS, and using decent CGI. But I would never support something like the SGU Distant Hope project, because it was completely hokey.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I see Grant Imahara of myth busters fame has signed on to be in Renegades. Will Lt. Masaru be the new Harry Kim?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
Grant is badass in mythbusters but not so much in a movie role. So this fan made star trek series will demonstrate.Still, nice to see him take on the role. Though I must say these guys have done an amazing job trying to -re-create the TOS feel. Fantastic work.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks! Downloading them now :)

You can watch them online without downloading them :)

If you watch them all, you will see Walter Koenig, Yeoman Rand (the original actress), Tasha Yar (the original actress), and George Takei as Captain Sulu. :)

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You can watch them online without downloading them :)

If you watch them all, you will see Walter Koenig, Yeoman Ran (the original actress), Tasha Yar (the original actress), and George Takei as Captain Sulu. :)
Nah, in Australia, streaming is pointless! Our internet sucks ass just like our new government that was sworn in.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nah, in Australia, streaming is pointless! Our internet sucks ass just like our new government that was sworn in.

Oops...forgot you were down under. :) These episodes are AMAZING. The bridge is completely faithful, as are the sounds and uniforms and every other prop. This fan production has been going on for more than TEN YEARS. It used to be called Star Trek: The New Voyages. They started with Season 4 because the original series ended with Season 3. As you can see, these are not cheesy wannabe efforts...they even got permission from Paramount to use the Desilu/NBC intros and everything else they are using. They have been nominated for Hugo Awards, and ther Wikipedia article is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Phase_II_(fan_series) :)

Their aim is to complete the entire 5-year mission (complete the 5-season run originally intended). The actual writers from TOS have been involved in several of these episodes, and more are getting involved. Aged, perhaps...but still very capable. The sets are dead on, and they have most all of the ones available in the original series like the bridge, sickbay, the transporter room, crew quarters, the engine room, everything. The colors are exact because they actually got the hex color codes from Paramount. This is probably the most impressive fan effort out there IMO.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Wait till they bring in their top of the street peers for the net Heisen.
I'm just glad that my area has already been cabled for the NBN.

As for our new government, the less said the better. All I can say is it could have been worse, labor could have had a total wipeout, then we really would have been rooted.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I forget, is this a "web series" or something else? Not that it matters other then how to find it to watch it when it comes.

And what kind of alien is that? Hve there not been enough aliens introduced in the "ST universe" already?
It's a pilot episode but with this, they'll go to CBS to see if they'll agree to a full tv series or a web series.
The production team are aiming for three possible outcomes from the fan-made pilot, either it will be picked up by CBS for a series, it will be made into a stand alone film or it will be the first episode of an internet based series.[3]

Are these really the uniform...wtf?

B

Backstep

It's a pilot episode but with this, they'll go to CBS to see if they'll agree to a full tv series or a web series.

Are these really the uniform...wtf?

To add, are they going with a starfleet emblem on the blouse and not a com badge?