Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This show is failing. It's irredeemable. People hate it. TPTB may have a guaranteed second season but it's a moot point in the scheme of things. They used the Star Trek name to scam millions of people. Everyone knows that now, even the casual viewer. They feel used and cheated -- and justifiably so. This show will forever be known as a black mark on the Star Trek name.
I truly never saw this coming with Trek. I always assumed one of the characters would always be involved in the making of Star Trek or that the torch would have been passed to the Roddenberry son, but that didn't happen.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Wait...so they are trying to retcon themselves into the prime timeline now? After having the dumb spore drive and whirling dervish ship "shrooming" around the galaxy? After this psycho woman starts the war with the Klingons and is responsible for the death of her captain??? Captain Pike of the USS Enterprise gave them a call, eh? From the USS Enterprise 1701....this I gotta see.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Basically the last half of the season was a giant retcon exercise to try to create at least a minimal tie in to actual Trek. Note that they pardoned Burnham and she is officially Starfleet again - not a word about who caused the war in the first place...

And the war is just wrapped up in 30 minutes in the most contrived manner possible.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Basically the last half of the season was a giant retcon exercise to try to create at least a minimal tie in to actual Trek. Note that they pardoned Burnham and she is officially Starfleet again - not a word about who caused the war in the first place...

And the war is just wrapped up in 30 minutes in the most contrived manner possible.

This is TPTB desperately running around in damage control mode. It is so much like SGU! After the flood of negative fan reviews and the absence of the "established Trek fanbase" from the CBS All Access rolls, they are trying to fix it. They can't fix it and I get why they are trying. But it is too late.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Wait...so they are trying to retcon themselves into the prime timeline now? After having the dumb spore drive and whirling dervish ship "shrooming" around the galaxy? After this psycho woman starts the war with the Klingons and is responsible for the death of her captain??? Captain Pike of the USS Enterprise gave them a call, eh? From the USS Enterprise 1701....this I gotta see.
Bryan Fuller has left American gods and amazing stories. Forget it man, this show is a train wreck. It never should have been greenlit. Apparently this bitch gets pardoned for starting a war and killing the captain hahahaha....

https://deadline.com/2018/02/amazing-stories-bryan-fuller-exits-showrunner-apple-series-1202280670/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I am still wondering why, in the beginning of this thing, didn't they realize that they would have to line this show up with TOS? Right off the bat, they started in a completely different universe which would have prevented any hope of that happening. So why bother with it now? Nothing in Discovery lines up with any other Star Trek show or movie, including the new reboot movies. It's all out there by itself wearing a Star Trek costume, but not being Star Trek.

I'm so happy that Michael was pardoned and is now a hero! :triumphant: I knew all along that this show would perfectly segue into the prime timeline! :welcoming: It will forever be known as classic Trek!!! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

*Frankly I'm disappointed in all of you doubters who were so short-sighted when it came to the genius writing and superb acting on this show. Admit it haters, you feel foolish now, don't you? :nono:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I'm so happy that Michael was pardoned and is now a hero! :triumphant: I knew all along that this show would perfectly segue into the prime timeline! :welcoming: It will forever be known as classic Trek!!! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

*Frankly I'm disappointed in all of you doubters who were so short-sighted when it came to the genius writing and superb acting on this show. Admit it haters, you feel foolish now, don't you? :nono:
It's quite shocking that the writers think their audience are stupid enough to fall for that. This is not game of thrones. This is Star Trek. We are a little more intelligent than they give us credit for.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right now they are trying to devise some way to lure in at least some of the Trek audience. The entire mirror universe plot was designed to try to explain some of the bizarre things they did in the first half of the season.

Was ANYONE surprised to discover that Lorca was an escapee from the Mirror Universe? Or that they have deep sixed the entire spore drive plot line?

The ONLY thing I liked was seeing Michelle Yeoh return. She was actually entertaining as the Mirror Universe empress and briefly the Captain (after they returned to the prime universe). Unlike her brief stint in the premiere they actually gave her some work to do and being an excellent actress she pulled it off well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Right now they are trying to devise some way to lure in at least some of the Trek audience. The entire mirror universe plot was designed to try to explain some of the bizarre things they did in the first half of the season.

Was ANYONE surprised to discover that Lorca was an escapee from the Mirror Universe? Or that they have deep sixed the entire spore drive plot line?

The ONLY thing I liked was seeing Michelle Yeoh return. She was actually entertaining as the Mirror Universe empress and briefly the Captain (after they returned to the prime universe). Unlike her brief stint in the premiere they actually gave her some work to do and being an excellent actress she pulled it off well.

Interestingly enough, I did notice that Michelle Yeoh and Sonequa Martin Green had some chemistry in that first pilot episode. The setting was ridiculous (fake Star Trek), but the chemistry was there. Especially that scene with the Klingons and the whole mutiny thing. I could see her has a Captain becoming suddenly saddled with Michael Burnham. They could have gone with that. Lorca was a COMPLETE waste of money and time. They got Lucius Malfoy, and they could easily have plugged anyone in there. Even Jason Momoa. :) Or even Summer Glau!

The Mirror Universe plot took shape when TPTB saw the dismal numbers for CBS All Access (my guess). Seeking reasons, no doubt they have seen the literally hundreds of thousands of negative posts all over the world from the Star Trek established fanbase on IMdB, blogs, and even CBS affiliate owned website forums. But they messed up the mirror universe too, changing what it was and how it looked so it would match Discovery. Now, they say they have been contacted by Captain Pike on the Enterprise? That is a whole can of worms they dare not open (or will they?). Spock is First Officer on the Enterprise at this time. And the Enterprise is the Enterprise. So if they show it and it has been messed with, that is going to cause all sorts of bloody. How are they going to deal with Spock? Will they try and retcon NuSpock in his place? Will the 1701 get a spinning saucer installed?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We know they have a guaranteed 2nd season. But what do you folks think they are going to do? You think they will go the anthology route and try a completely new story and cast? Or, will they keep going with this (lousy) story and cast?

I can't even guess. They just snatched the wheel after jumping the shark and I can't guess where they will take it. Nothing is predictable anymore.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ya know, if this had been in the real Star Trek prime timeline, Spock would have suffered for his "sister" and her starting of the Klingon War and mutiny on the Shenzhou.

Ya know, if this had been in the real Star Trek prime timeline, Spock would have suffered for his "sister" and her starting of the Klingon War and mutiny on the Shenzhou.

This begs the question of where all her Vulcan training went? She's raised as a Vulcan from childhood but the moment she goes out into the real world all that instruction goes out the window. M'kay. :rolleye0014:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Jeepers guys . The premis for season 2 is easy . You said Cap pee ten Pike is on his way right ! And Spock is onbourd with the Pikester , soooooo Spock is gonna meet up with smarter than him girl because everyone is telling Spock that and for no reason whatsoever , get it on with our hero in a closet somewhere . Then the katra king shows up and has an all and all out fight with the 2 of them telling them there related . They take swings at him but he ducks, dive, dashes and dives . He is a halogram and can't do anything but Spock together with smarter than anyone girl give that old soar in there sides hologram the vulcan neck pinch and poof , the katra king is gone and they live happily ever . That is until smarter than anyone girl finds out Spockster is way way smarter than her and she kills him in his sleep ripping his katra off with a knife and feeding it to the neighbours dog .
I smell an emmy ... I do ... Greatest show ever
;)

Jeepers guys . The premis for season 2 is easy . You said Cap pee ten Pike is on his way right ! And Spock is onbourd with the Pikester , soooooo Spock is gonna meet up with smarter than him girl because everyone is telling Spock that and for no reason whatsoever , get it on with our hero in a closet somewhere . Then the katra king shows up and has an all and all out fight with the 2 of them telling them there related . They take swings at him but he ducks, dive, dashes and dives . He is a halogram and can't do anything but Spock together with smarter than anyone girl give that old soar in there sides hologram the vulcan neck pinch and poof , the katra king is gone and they live happily ever . That is until smarter than anyone girl finds out Spockster is way way smarter than her and she kills him in his sleep ripping his katra off with a knife and feeding it to the neighbours dog .
I smell an emmy ... I do ... Greatest show ever
;)

You forgot the part at the end where Michael is pardoned for treachery, treason and starting an inter-galactic war -- again -- then is made Admiral emeritus of Star Fleet and given a party replete with a giant sheet cake that says "We Love You Michael!". They even give her a tiara, but it's made of plastic and rhinestones so she flies into a rage and uses the Star Fleet armada to destroy half the galaxy just to teach the peons a lesson in gift giving.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You forgot the part at the end where Michael is pardoned for treachery, treason and starting an inter-galactic war -- again -- then is made Admiral emeritus of Star Fleet and given a party replete with a giant sheet cake that says "We Love You Michael!". They even give her a tiara, but it's made of plastic and rhinestones so she flies into a rage and uses the Star Fleet armada to destroy half the galaxy just to teach the peons a lesson in gift giving.

Totally Emmy worthy ,,,totally ,,,

;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is TPTB desperately running around in damage control mode. It is so much like SGU! After the flood of negative fan reviews and the absence of the "established Trek fanbase" from the CBS All Access rolls, they are trying to fix it. They can't fix it and I get why they are trying. But it is too late.

any way to find out the production dates of the last few eps?

in other words..were they done after the bad reviews and grief over the differences with prime timeline or were they all made at mostly the same time?

if they were made at the same time, then this was planned this way
-----------------------------------------------
i just watched a YT vid that theorizes that from the beginning they were in a parallel universe

hence the spore drive and Spock having a sister who was never talked about before

also he brings up from TOS and the THOLIAN WEB episode when spock told checkov that no federation ship had ever had a mutiny. wasn't there a mutiny in this show, or at least in its backstory?

if they have come back into the prime universe, then perhaps the events that Burnham was guilty of never happened?

idk, its this guys theory. i dont watch the show